Mathematics....

Gunm

Easily my worst subject in school. I was never good at math, never will be I dont think. In community college I got drunk one night and lit my statistics book on fire i hated that goddamn thing so much...it was the most frustrating and teeth grinding obstacle i had in order to transfer to (blank)

I swear, I ccouldn't mathmetize myself out of a paper bag.....thank god my job entails only the most remdial knowledge of basic math.

And while we're at it, i need to calcuate a discount for a client. What's 10% of $6300?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be damn good at math. My parents forced me to be. I had tutors like crazy, insanely intimidating and painful methods of encouragement from my parents, and all that jazz. I was in an amazing math program at school (my teacher constantly created math contest winners - including myself).

But then I started smoking weed.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Math is fucking amazing. I used to be real good at it, but my abilities decayed fast once I started drinking a lot.

My little bro is a fucking genius. He's the kind of kid that can grab those crazy math problems in the newspaper next to the crossword puzzle and solve them in less than a minute. We often have battles and he nearly always crushes me. But then I remind him he shits bowling pins and I automatically win.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
Originally posted by tsuifuku@Mar 8 2006, 03:44 PM

Hey

i need advice

i suck at math as well...

HOW AM I GOING TO PASS THIS COLLEGE ALGEBRA CLASS?

Cheat

:biglaugh:

i sucked at math too.

my math teacher in college passed me with an A. he wanted to hook up or some shit, eww. he would always Instant msg me when i was on and tried to get my number a few times.

but anyway i sucked at math and thank the lord i have a huge ass and a black math teacher.

praize tha lawd

i hate math, but it's fairly simple. the higher u go, it's just some new concepts, and it all boils down to algebra. i went through calc 1, 2, 3, linear algebra and differential equations. going to school for electrical engineering sucks. fuck physics too.

god, i'm taking precalc and physics right now and i'm not doing too well.

tests tomorrow and tuesday. :(

i just dropped 100 bucks on a TI83 so i can calulate vectors and check my answers but i still suck.

HELP!!$()**)@#*!_)(#*@_)(#$

Originally posted by symbols@Mar 8 2006, 02:44 PM

$630

why?

because ten percent is one tenth

one tenth of 6300 is 630

how'd i figure?

because 630 X 10 = 6300

Even an easier way.

$6300.00 <- Notice the decimal point.

If you want to find 10% of $6300.00, you just move the decimal point once to the left. So...

$6300.00 becomes $630.000, which is y'know, $630.00.

But if it's like, find 22% of $6300. Uh... let's see...

1. State the problem or whateverthefuck. $6300.00

2. Find 10% of that. (do that move the decimal point to the left once thing). You'll get $630.000 as stated above.

3. Uh... Then you multiply $630.000 by 2.2. (why? because 10 x 2.2 = 22%)

4. $630.00 x 2.2 = $1386.00 ($1,386)

5. So 22% of $6300 is $1386.

I think that's the answer. I'm pretty sure that it. ;)

And that's as good as I get as far as math goes. Hahaha.

math is so garbage. like seriously, what the fuck do i care about what is x in x=x+abcderfdssf(xyn912357snakes on a plane) - 28 +13.

"it'll be applicable in the real world". bullshit. here's whats applicable in the real world: "what time is it", "how many more shots can i take", "how old is this girl". seriously.

I was in community college with a gang of ghetto kids that frustrated the statistics teacher to no end. Because I kept quiet, took notes and asked questions, i was given an "A" in the class although AT BEST I should have gotten a C+

Whatever, it looks great on my transcript