the effects of myspac

Prae1Boston

This girl i knew died in a car crash because her bf was testing his brakes in the rain....Well i laughed a little, but then i when people honored her death by posting on her myspace i was like.....wtf? Then when her dad got a myspace and posted "If I EVER SEE ******* AGAIN I WILL KILL YOU. YOUR THE REASON MY DAUGHTERS DEAD, YOU ARE A MONSTER/DEMON!!!

i was a little surprised but the guy deserved it for doing something so stupid.

EDIT* i laughed because that guy was so stupid, but i was pissed at him because she was a friend

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

LOL, myspace has everyone believing theyre great in bed

Gemini.

Body: CANCER

Great Kisser.

Very high sex appeal.

Great in bed.

Most horny.

PISCES!

Caring.

Smart.

Center of attention.

Very high sex appeal.

Has the last word.

Extremely weird but in a good way.

Super good in bed.

LIBRA

HORNY!!!!!!!!

Very gentle.

Very romantic.

Nice.

Silly and fun, sweet!

Have own unique sexiness.

Most caring person you will ever meet!

Amazing in bed!

awesome kisser!

CAPRICORN

Most Attractive.

Sassy.

Loud.

Laid back.

Knows how to have fun.

Funny.

Addictive.

Intelligent.

Too Sexy, DAMN IT.

Predict future.

Irrestible, Outrageous kisser.

Love is one of a kind.

Great talker.

Rare to find.

Always gets what he or she wants.

BY FAR the BEST in BED.

AQUARIUS

Trustworthy.

Sexy.

Loves being in long relationships.

Extremly energetic.

Amazing in bed, the BEST lovers.

Ok kisser.

BEST in bed.

ARIES

Outgoing.

Spontanious.

Not one to fuck with.

Have own unique sexiness.

Unpredictable.

Erotic.

Take you on trips to the moon in bed.

TAURUS

Aggressive.

Freak in bed.

Rare to find.

Likes to give a good fight for what they want.

Extremly outgoing.

Outstanding kisser.

Sexual as fuck.

Leo

Great talker.

Sexy.

Always Horny.

Is really good at fucking.

Great kisser.

VIRGO

Dominant in relationships.

Hella sexy.

Always horny.

Freak in bed.

Always wants the last word.

Caring.

Smart.

Addictive.

Attractive.

Great kisser

SCORPIO

EXTREMELY sexy.

Talkative.

Energetic.

Predict future.

Most erotic.

Freak in bed.

GREAT kisser.

Not one to mess with.

Always get what they want.

SAGITTARIUS

Spontanious.

Horny.

High sex appeal.

Rare to find.

Good when found.

GEMINI

Nice.

Loving

Great listeners

Very Good in bed.

Lover not a fighter, but will still punch your lights out.

Trustworthy.

Repost and tell us what your sign

edit* I'm a capricorn bitch!

Guest spectr

what no myspace what would we do with our free time no i can't let this happen i will have to stand against you and your vile plan to destroy myspace even if it costs me my left testicile

Originally posted by fermentor666+Mar 8 2006, 09:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fermentor666 - Mar 8 2006, 09:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Kr430n5_666@Mar 8 2006, 07:39 PM

What are the things that bother people the most about it?

The advertisements, the perpetuation of whore-ism, the frighteningly large amount of underage kids taking slutty pictures of themselves, the related pedophilia aspect where you see older guys hitting on these girls and you get repulsed, the advertisements, the hoards of shitty bands, the good bands that put up a page and make me think less of them for it, the obscene ego inflation, the false idolism, the advertisements, the people who think that everyone cares about every miniscule and boring detail of their lives, and the advertisements.

[/b]

Yes. Perfect.

That is everything that is rotten.

The networking, fun among friends, and rediscovery/keeping "tabs" on people are what I like.

I think MySpace is an invaluable asset to those who want to maintain and organize a great number of friendships~

I don't agree with using it or any other online service as a way to meet people though..

but in that case Myspace is no worse than any other such service you can mention..

Long live MySpace.

seriously.

Our creations imitate life as much as if not more than, life imitates our creations..

Be mad at culture, or atleast that particular peice of it that you detest.. before you're mad at an inatimate object.. much less one which is only a medium of expression..

"Don't kill the messenger" (?ne?)

Guest ctrl+alt+del

um except your fucking WRONG

because when you sign up for myspace or any other SNC like it you agree that all the content you post up (information about you, pictures, anything you write, ANY CONTENT) becomes the property of that company which they can then use however they would like, to sell things with your pictures, to liscence things youve written in your own personal blogs, or whatever.

now most of you are bad crooks and will not run for any political office ever. but i will predict that in the next 30 years, someone who runs for office will be embarassed by content from their former myspace,facebook,friendster etc.

now facebook, theres some shit. years ago the fbi wanted a database of all college students, this was deemed unconstitutional and never happened. or did it? its largely believed that the fbi helped the harvard students get facebook going and the fact that they refuse to identify who it was that DID help them, is very suspicious.

you are giving away information about yourself... AND IT DOESNT GO AWAY!!! all this information you post... every change... its being cached and stored... if only i had never been ignorant.

lsj 490c: technology law and society

Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del@Mar 9 2006, 03:48 AM

because when you sign up for myspace or any other SNC like it you agree that all the content you post up (information about you, pictures, anything you write, ANY CONTENT) becomes the property of that company which they can then use however they would like, to sell things with your pictures, to liscence things youve written in your own personal blogs, or whatever.

now most of you are bad crooks and will not run for any political office ever. but i will predict that in the next 30 years, someone who runs for office will be embarassed by content from their former myspace,facebook,friendster etc.

now facebook, theres some shit. years ago the fbi wanted a database of all college students, this was deemed unconstitutional and never happened. or did it? its largely believed that the fbi helped the harvard students get facebook going and the fact that they refuse to identify who it was that DID help them, is very suspicious.

you are giving away information about yourself... AND IT DOESNT GO AWAY!!! all this information you post... every change... its being cached and stored... if only i had never been ignorant.

Quoted for new page. That's why I never use my real name on these things.

Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del@Mar 9 2006, 03:48 AM

How do YOU know all changes are saved and stored? Is that a 100% true statement? Or an assumption?

In any case, I am aware of these things and it really does not bother me. Why should it really? Embarassing pictures coming up in the future when I am running for office? Thats it? I don't have anything to be embarassed about.

Originally posted by you enjoy myself@Mar 9 2006, 01:21 PM

wealthy, powerfu,l big buisnesses are jumping for joy over myspace. where they used to have to set up think tanks to try and get at you to buy this or that, you now hand all the information right over to them in a neatly packaged web page just because you want the attention.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

I think what it comes down to is what people put out there. I hardly provide any marketable information about myself on there. I am certain.

However, I still wonder how much big businesses benefit from myspace. It would make sense that there is a lot of opportunity to reap certain benefits from it, but I am uncertain as to what the facts actually are.

All this topical "higher business power" talk just seems to be strong assumption. Where are these facts? I'm not calling anyone a liar, but I would like to see the facts before I think any differently about anything.

You people must all be like 21 y.o. college kids caught up in your dream worlds~

Big fucking deal.. is that something new?!

Almost everything gets exploited for big business adverts~

that's why they're free.. and that's how our economy functions..

deal with it.

You don't have to pay attention ... or click the banners

You want to hit back at them~ feed them bullshit, fall through every loophole, and don't use the products/ services pushed on you.. ( the latter of which I see the least likely for a 20something to control themselves of)

And no one told you that you must put any creditable information on your page~

remember that.

That's up to you ; the user.

Sounding bitter; like you all don't have enough myspace friends~?

"Big Business"~ hahah Welcome to the real world~ go live on a farm~ really~ that's practically your only option if you don't want to deal with them at all~

1st, its douche.

2nd, I've gotten laid off of myspace.

3rd, I can keep in contact with everyone for as long as I have an account (I lose cell phones and black books constantly)

Personaly I play the irony card and use myspace while making fun of it.

You emo kids love irony.

Graff n dancin 06

Originally posted by I.C.Shadow@Mar 9 2006, 02:23 PM

Graff n dancin 06

ahahaha that nigga was a punchline that will never get old.

ive got laid off it

i use it to keep in contact with cats and for buisness promotions.

the thing i like about myspace though is how i've managed to track down homies i aint seen in six years, i got a 2 year vacation from the hood during junior and senior year courtesy of the juvinile district court, just now im gettin back in touch with peoples, its been ill times so far.

if you can look beyond hipsters, 6th grades and bad html skills, mypsace is just another communication tool, and while most the users on there are retarded, the layout and concept is pretty fuckin ingenious, and for having something over like 50 million regular users, it byfar has one of the toughest and well built servers in americas commercial/entertainment market.

seriously half the people on here who diss myspace just do it to validate thier anti-emo/hipster/whatever attitude, i hate hipsters too, thats why i dont add them. noones puttin a gun to your head and saying BE GAY OR ELSE, thats your choice homies.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

The more companies are able to target their advertising towards group of people who actually express interest in the area said product belongs to, the less mass-marketed bullshit you have to endure on TV.

I hate bullshit consumeristic culture as much as the next guy, but the fact is, if the internet is to survive, people need to be able to make money out of it, and there needs to be a viable economy to hold it in place. Sites that give you free service, such as Myspace, need to make money off something. People want free photo hosting, free this, free that... nobody can give this to you for free.

People seem to think that there's folders with their names on it and a personal spy agent monitoring every comment you make on Myspace, just waiting to make oddles of money out of your work and personal tastes. This is not the way it works, guys. The information gathered from sites like Myspace is so incredibly randomized and lumped together in groups that you are nothing but a checkmark next to a category. Companies aren't interested in you. They earn next to nothing if you personally decide to buy their product. They care about GROUPS of people, LARGE groups, and they are willing to fork over cash for information about that group. They don't give a shit if you like Depeche Mode. They give half a shit about a group of people who like Depeche Mode. They do give a shit about the large group people who like that genre of music. THAT'S what they keep tabs on.

In any case, I find targeted internet banner advertising so incredibly ignorable I don't even understand why it's such an issue with people.

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Mar 9 2006, 02:53 PM

if the internet is to survive, people need to be able to make money out of it, and there needs to be a viable economy to hold it in place. Sites that give you free service, such as Myspace, need to make money off something. People want free photo hosting, free this, free that... nobody can give this to you for free.

In any case, I find targeted internet banner advertising so incredibly ignorable I don't even understand why it's such an issue with people.

sir, you speak the truth

Originally posted by I.C.Shadow@Mar 9 2006, 02:55 PM

True, I can't say I've ever clicked a banner in myspace.

"Play Warp!" Where you can warp the faces of Kerry or Bush

"Press the fart button!" No thanks.

Who comes up with this shit.

your answer.....

this nigga:

monkey.03.jpg

for real though, the entire interent is getting plauged with cheezy ads, not just myspace.