Bi Polar Disorder

Gigantic Jug

Originally posted by bobthedestroyer@Mar 8 2006, 05:37 PM

Jug, DO NOT GO TO A PSYCHIATRIST (who is a med school grad). Those guys are fucking retards who spend 5 minutes with you and write you the wrong meds. Do yourself a favor and go see a psychologist (who has a doctorate)... That will really help you out...

Yes! that is true. Although not all psychiatrists will do that, you should go to a psychologist to be safe. Depending on where you live they may or may not be able to prescribe you drugs. Also someone already said it, but going to therapy is equally as important as taking the drugs.

edit* oh....well maybe youll get lucky

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How old are you? Insurances require a referral from your primary M.D. so have him or her refer you to a psychologist and not a psychiatrist... Explain to your mom that psychiatrist are swabbed with patients and have no experience in application... a psychologist will work with you as a counselor and will do a much better job to getting you back to normal. Anyways, good luck.

Originally posted by Scarekroe@Mar 8 2006, 08:43 PM

THERE ARE PSYCHIATRISTS WITH DOCTORATES. AND A PSYCHOLOGIST CANNOT PRESCRIBE MEDS. SO WHAT'S WITH EVERYONE COMING DOWN ON PSYCHIATRISTS.

A doctorate in psychology takes almost 12 years. Med school for a psychiatrist is 4 years so 8 years in total plus a residency. If you will need meds a psychologist will then refer you to a psychiatrist and have him write you the meds out.

Psychiatrists on average spend 5 MINUTES with a patient. They constantly mis diagnose creating more problems than before...

Originally posted by Gigantic Jug+Mar 8 2006, 09:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gigantic Jug - Mar 8 2006, 09:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ego maniac@Mar 8 2006, 07:50 PM

whoa whoaaaaa.....

funniest shit iv read all day....

those flicks....

classic.

Sounds to me like maybe....

daddy...

nevermind.

Yer not bipolar...

yer schizophrenic kiddo!

actually your right on point bringing up my dad, so no, its not nevermind.

and im sure i dont hear voices... but i do have thoughts of killing people i dont even know, and hurting things makes me feel better.

[/b]

I know I was on point....

ill jus say....

life sucks..

an then.

we die.

Originally posted by realcanadiannatualspringwater+Mar 8 2006, 06:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (realcanadiannatualspringwater - Mar 8 2006, 06:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-the A squad@Mar 8 2006, 08:54 PM

is this guy serious?

mental illness doesnt exist..

its all in your head kido.

[/b]

yeah what do i know, I only lived with a schitzo bi-polar for the first 18 years of my life.

Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE@Mar 8 2006, 09:24 PM

realcanadiannatualspringwater is a scientologist sent here by tom cruise. You cant get cancer if you dont believe in it

Sad to tell you but many people on this board subscribe to this "the government is out to get me" thinking... It's easy to refuse to believe in certain things that you have absolutley no fucking clue about... A said it best...

Originally posted by bobthedestroyer+Mar 8 2006, 09:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bobthedestroyer - Mar 8 2006, 09:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-realcanadiannatualspringwater@Mar 8 2006, 08:53 PM

shits just the new A.D.D...go buy drugs..hurry...now.....or..YOULL DIE.

Just because ADD medication has been way overprescribed does not mean that meds don't work for things like depression, hallucinations etc.

[/b]

eh...im just busting balls....im from canada..medication aint shit to me....i run the to the doctor everytime i my nose is snotty..

and well...i only read one or two posts on here....but...all this yap about 'my shrink is scared of me and the things i do' and..'i think about killing people' just sounds really lame....sounds like another teenager trying to compensate for being a loser in highschool by conjuring up some bullshit 'mental illness' so they can convince themselves that theyre just fucked up with a disorder and thats why they dont 'fit in'..and then come on the internet to exploit it to find some other rejects to pay them some attention and relate and feed into their disfunction...like really..who comes to 12oz to talk about their problems?

but who am i? maybe you are fucked up and need medication..who knows?.....

and again im just busting balls..so..dont pay me no mind

Originally posted by realcanadiannatualspringwater@Mar 8 2006, 10:36 PM

and well...i only read one or two posts on here....but...all this yap about 'my shrink is scared of me and the things i do' and..'i think about killing people' just sounds really lame....sounds like another teenager trying to compensate for being a loser in highschool by conjuring up some bullshit 'mental illness' so they can convince themselves that theyre just fucked up with a disorder and thats why they dont 'fit in'..and then come on the internet to exploit it to find some other rejects to pay them some attention and relate and feed into their disfunction...like really..who comes to 12oz to talk about their problems?

but who am i? maybe you are fucked up and need medication..who knows?.....

and again im just busting balls..so..dont pay me no mind

It's definitely come to be some sort of rung on the ladder for kids to play off like they have a serious illness for attention. Its pretty sad and sick, especially to gain some sort of acceptance or respect ONLINE.

once again for the millionth time (if thats a word) im asking if ANYONE HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED AND/OR HAVE COME IN CONTACT WITH A PERSON WHO HAS BI POLAR DISORDER, and how they fucking act.... god damn, i am not someone who hates the shit around me, or is the one who sits in the corner during lunch wishing i had a switch blade to cut myself in front of everyone, so they can see. Whatever i have is ruining my life, and i want to change it, but i cant change it myself, and im wondering if its even worth going to the doctor for.. god damn. READ!!!!!! or dont fuckin open that stank yapper bitch ass hoe.

Originally posted by Gigantic Jug@Mar 8 2006, 06:42 PM

once again for the millionth time (if thats a word) im asking if ANYONE HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED AND/OR HAVE COME IN CONTACT WITH A PERSON WHO HAS BI POLAR DISORDER, and how they fucking act.... god damn, i am not someone who hates the shit around me, or is the one who sits in the corner during lunch wishing i had a switch blade to cut myself in front of everyone, so they can see. Whatever i have is ruining my life, and i want to change it, but i cant change it myself, and im wondering if its even worth going to the doctor for.. god damn. READ!!!!!! or dont fuckin open that stank yapper bitch ass hoe.

ARE YOU EXPERIENCING ANOTHER "ANGRY" EPISODE?

SERIOUSLY I HAVEN'T EXPERIENCED BIPOLAR NOR HAVE I KNOWN ANYONE THAT EXPERIENCED IT, AND I DOUBT THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE HERE HAVE AND THAT'S WHY THEY HAVEN'T ANSWERED IT. IF SOMEONE HAS I'M SURE THEY'LL STEP UP AND ANSWER AFTER READING YOUR POST.

BEST THING I SUGGEST IF YOU WANT TO MEET OTHERS THAT HAVE EXPERIENCED SIMILAR SYMPTOMS TO YOU, IS TO GO TO YOUR LOCAL MENTAL HEALTH CLINIC AND ASK ABOUT SIGNING UP FOR A COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY GROUP WHERE YOU CAN DISCUSS WITH OTHERS THAT HAVE EXPERIENCED SIMILAR SYMPTOMS TO YOUR OWN. AGAIN 12OZPROPHET IS NOT THE BEST PLACE TO ASK THESE QUESTIONS AND YOU ARE PROVING THAT WITH YOUR ANGRY, FRUSTRATION-FILLED RESPONSES. ALSO, THERE ARE SEVERAL MESSAGE BOARDS ACROSS THE INTERNET THAT DEAL SPECIFICALLY WITH BIPOLAR DISORDER.

GOOD LUCK.

im not frustrated. just hopeless. i just dont want to end up killing someone, you feel? and i dont think it hurts to ask people on here, because they are in fact, "normal human beings" unless im typing and making up 12 oz prophet, and trying to ask the figments of my imagination if they have experienced such thoughts or met such people that may or may not have a condition that i am struggling so hard to overcome, and successfully living out my life and hopefully one day start a family... if i make it of course. im just curious is all.. and feedback is what im looking for, and ovbiously some people ARE trying to help, then there are those who only care about themselves... so forgive me for making a bi polar thread out of my own curiosity.