Bi Polar Disorder

Gigantic Jug

I have my mood swings...some doctors wanted me to start taking prozac but it turned me into a zombie....you lose your sex drive, you don't even really feel anything other than everything is fine....all the time.

I just started excercising more, eating better, drank less and bang, now i'm all good.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WARNING... SERIOUS POST... WARNING...

GigJug, usually people with bipolar have periods where they are excited, overly happy, hyper, etc (also known as "manic.") These last for long than a minute, an hour, even a day usually. More like a week or month. Then they fall into horrible depressions, and at times are very angry. This also lasts for just as long. To me it sounds like you might just have anger problems. Id say try one or more of these things: take up a physical activity if you arent already: things that are good are marital arts or kickboxing/boxing; or if you feel this is a very seirous issue (which it sounds) then go see a good psychologist. Im saying psychologist FIRST because they will discuss psychological reasons that you might be acting like this before shoving meds in your face (which many psychiatrists tend to do.) If your psychologist things you need medication, he/she will refer you to a good psychiatrist.

Oh and to "BIPOLAR IS THE NEW ADD." Dude, more like ADD IS THE NEW BIPOLAR IS THE NEW ADD IS THE NEW BIPOLAR. Im pretty sure Bipolar was a "thang" before ritalin days (or at least they became "trendy" at the same time, around the early-mid '80s.)

Originally posted by CALIgula+Mar 8 2006, 08:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CALIgula - Mar 8 2006, 08:24 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by fermentor666@Mar 7 2006, 11:59 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Spuds Mckenzie@Mar 8 2006, 04:48 AM

Ok A good friend of my was diagnosed with this bullshit. Hes been adicted to medication ever since. When he doesnt take his medication he fiends for it and starts acting wild. AVOID!

You don't get "addicted" to it, your body builds up a steady level and when you go off it, it can create a manic episode. I'm not talking about Celexa or any of those, they can build up some sort of addiction. Bipolar people are not prescribed those types of drugs. Lithium, Depakote, Lamictal...these drugs are not addictive. And they do not "cover up" a mental illness. They help to keep it at bay. If you ARE bipolar, not treating it through medication means that it will never stop. You cannot be "cured" of bipolar. Not yet, at least.

That said, it's a serious illness, it is not the "new ADD". It is also not very common, kids mistake their adolescent mood swings for bipolar disorder. There are some careless doctors out there who might prescribe drugs for angsty teenagers and people in their early-20s (who can still be going through adolesence), and THAT will only harm them. You need to see a GOOD psychologist who will then refer you to a psychiatrist if he or she decides that you need medication.

celexa and lexapro...anti depressants...but ferm is right...addiction city....counseling is good too..

[/b]

Right, anti-depressants. And those can actually trigger manic episodes, which is why people should be aware of how good their doctor is. If you have a family history of bipolar illness and the doctor prescribes anti-depressants, drop him. They make things significantly worse.

They diagnosed me bipolar when I was a teenager, but I didnt believe them. I was just a stubborn punk ass that did what I wanted when I wanted and had problems with authority figures. I was on a revolving door type deal with the mental health facility. Id get admitted, put on some sort of drug, (lithium, paxil, depakote etc) held for a few weeks so the drugs could build up in my system and then released back into the wild. The drugs never made me feel any different. If anything, Id be worse after each stay in the "facility" because of the pent up anger Id have at being held against my will and told what is wrong with me by some asshole with a piece of paper on his wall. Eventually I quit being wild and am now In college and have held the same job for like five years, without taking prescription drugs. My point is, I think alot of the pharmaceutical shit going on these days is a scam. Seems like everybody has something wrong with them. You cant watch tv for more than 10 minutes without seeing an add for sort of pill that makes life better. The mental health facility I frequented was more like a juvenile detention, except if you went in there, you werent leaving without getting diagnosed with something. Our parents used to call it being a teenager, now its called antisocialbipolarhyperactivityism. Dont get me wrong, I believe there are people out there who might actually have chemical imbalances that can only be fixed with drugs, but not nearly as many as have been diagnosed. Sometimes life sucks and you just have to live and learn, fuck a pill. Anyways Im done ranting...

yeah, symbols is usually on point..

My advice: Jugs, grow up..in the long run, shit happens, don't let your situations/environment/people around you define you or how your preceive the world or your own self worth in relation to it..that just leads to self destruction and you fucking yourself over..see a counselor, talk it over with people you care about or respect or whatever it is you need to do..but realize that things can always be a lot worse...what makes a person is how they adapt and overcome the obstacles set in their way...it took me a long time to learn this..

Originally posted by Gigantic Jug@Mar 7 2006, 08:31 PM

its not that i want the meds... it just seems that trying to fix shit myself only works for a day then i go back to the old habits of an unstable life.

This thread went to shit thanks to cacash.. your tactics are old.

THERE'S A LOT OF INSENSITIVE FAGS IN HERE. PERSONALLY IF I WERE YOU I WOULDN'T BRING MY "BIPOLAR DISORDER" OUT ON 12OZ BECAUSE THESE ARE THE WRONG PEOPLE TO ASK. GO SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP. GET A DIAGNOSIS FROM BOTH A PSYCHIATRIST AND A CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST. THEN YOU MAY WANT TO SEEK THERAPY FROM EITHER LICENSED THERAPISTS OR FROM PSYCHOLOGISTS, AND PERHAPS COMBINE THAT WITH THE MEDICATION.

Originally posted by Gigantic Jug@Mar 7 2006, 11:24 PM

Is anyone struggling with bi polar disorder? I have not yet been diagnosed but those around me say for sure im bi polar. I recently just scheduled an appointment with a shrink and hopefully meds will be given to me... My homies say my mood swings are out of control and my rage is even worse.

I dont even think there is a word describing my type of anger. I go from thinking happy thoughts one second, then my mind drifts off to someone getting pussy pounded, then to me wanting to kill anyone and everyone. Right now im thinking clearly, but probably in a half an hour i wont even remember writing this thread, and it'll seem as if i am coming down off coke and i must admit, its the worst feeling ever. What i do to ignore my moods rapidly dropping is take it out on others and call them hurtful names, and somehow that makes me feel better. At the age i am right now i know im learning about life an growing but i doubt its normal to be so angry and violent. The thought of me getting worse then hurting people worse than i do now, scares me... I have beaten my older sister and slammed her head against my table and not even knowing it until i see her on the ground crying, i've also choked my friend in one of my classes without even realizing as well.

People please share your thoughts on this subject, if you are a victim of this type of harrassment, or if your bi polar and what you have done to help these irrational thoughts and violence.

That's not bi-polar disorder... bi polar you go manic...(euphoric) for a while then it is follwed by SEVERE depression and it continues as a cycle.

You might have schitzophrenia...

Originally posted by bobthedestroyer+Mar 8 2006, 05:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bobthedestroyer - Mar 8 2006, 05:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Gigantic Jug@Mar 7 2006, 11:24 PM

Is anyone struggling with bi polar disorder? I have not yet been diagnosed but those around me say for sure im bi polar. I recently just scheduled an appointment with a shrink and hopefully meds will be given to me... My homies say my mood swings are out of control and my rage is even worse.

I dont even think there is a word describing my type of anger. I go from thinking  happy thoughts one second, then my mind drifts off to someone getting pussy pounded, then to me wanting to kill anyone and everyone. Right now im thinking clearly, but probably in a half an hour i wont even remember writing this thread, and it'll seem as if i am coming down off coke and i must admit, its the worst feeling ever. What i do to ignore my moods rapidly dropping is take it out on others and call them hurtful names, and somehow that makes me feel better. At the age i am right now i know im learning about life an growing but i doubt its normal to be so angry and violent. The thought of me getting worse then hurting people worse than i do now, scares me... I have beaten my older sister and slammed her head against my table and not even knowing it until i see her on the ground crying, i've also choked my friend in one of my classes without even realizing as well.

People please share your thoughts on this subject, if you are a victim of this type of harrassment, or if your bi polar and what you have done to help these irrational thoughts and violence.

That's not bi-polar disorder... bi polar you go manic...(euphoric) for a while then it is follwed by SEVERE depression and it continues as a cycle.

You might have schitzophrenia...

[/b]

I THOUGHT SCHIZOPHRENIA INVOLVES HALLUCINATIONS/DELUSIONS AS WELL AS HEARING VOICES.

Originally posted by NightOwl@Mar 8 2006, 07:50 PM

once we found out my friend was bi polar... we stopped hanging out with him

lol

:haha:

na but for real, arent you the girl that likes to snort adderall? go completely sober for a month and see how you feel..its probably the drugs...i thought i had it, they put me on zyprexa and some other meds...i got sober sometime later, a wow!!! it seemed to go away! what a fucking concept!! imagine that!

Originally posted by the A squad@Mar 8 2006, 05:26 PM

theyres 4...or maybe 3? different kinds of schitzos. Theres even a version where the person wont move for hours.

i wouldnt say shes a schitzo yet, thats for the doctor to decide.

GIGANTICJUG IS A CHICK? THEN SYMBOLS IS PROBABLY RIGHT, IT'S PROBABLY JUST MOOD SWINGS/ BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER.

ANYWAYS IT'S BEST TO ASK A DOCTOR, AND NOT ANY OF US IDIOTS ON 12OZ.

Originally posted by figarofigaro@Mar 7 2006, 11:43 PM

well regardless of your deal i still say no meds.

maybe its your surroundings, move somewhere new?

Stop giving idiotic advice. Medications have been proven effective to improve the well being of an individual. Are you one of those assholes who thinks that mental illness dosn't really exist?

Originally posted by ego maniac@Mar 8 2006, 07:50 PM

whoa whoaaaaa.....

funniest shit iv read all day....

those flicks....

classic.

Sounds to me like maybe....

daddy...

nevermind.

Yer not bipolar...

yer schizophrenic kiddo!

actually your right on point bringing up my dad, so no, its not nevermind.

and im sure i dont hear voices... but i do have thoughts of killing people i dont even know, and hurting things makes me feel better.

Originally posted by Scarekroe+Mar 9 2006, 01:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarekroe - Mar 9 2006, 01:30 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-the A squad@Mar 8 2006, 05:26 PM

theyres 4...or maybe 3? different kinds of schitzos. Theres even a version where the person wont move for hours.

i wouldnt say shes a schitzo yet, thats for the doctor to decide.

GIGANTICJUG IS A CHICK? THEN SYMBOLS IS PROBABLY RIGHT, IT'S PROBABLY JUST MOOD SWINGS/ BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER.

ANYWAYS IT'S BEST TO ASK A DOCTOR, AND NOT ANY OF US IDIOTS ON 12OZ.

[/b]

im not asking you guys if i have it! shit, im asking if anyone has been diagnosed with it! im going to the doctor soon, so im trying to get a feel for what its like, and if they are going to prescribe me meds for my crazy thoughts, and multiple personalities.

Originally posted by bobthedestroyer+Mar 8 2006, 05:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bobthedestroyer - Mar 8 2006, 05:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-figarofigaro@Mar 7 2006, 11:43 PM

well regardless of your deal i still say no meds.

maybe its your surroundings, move somewhere new?

Stop giving idiotic advice. Medications have been proven effective to improve the well being of an individual. Are you one of those assholes who thinks that mental illness dosn't really exist?

[/b]

psa_hollywood_scientology_3.jpg

Originally posted by bobthedestroyer@Mar 9 2006, 01:37 AM

Jug, DO NOT GO TO A PSYCHIATRIST (who is a med school grad). Those guys are fucking retards who spend 5 minutes with you and write you the wrong meds. Do yourself a favor and go see a psychologist (who has a doctorate)... That will really help you out...

its not up to me what kind of doctor i go to though... its taken me a year to actually get my mom to approve of me going to a doctor. most likely shes afraid of what i will say. But the things i do scare her, and i can tell she likes to ignore it.