Bi Polar Disorder

Gigantic Jug

Is anyone struggling with bi polar disorder? I have not yet been diagnosed but those around me say for sure im bi polar. I recently just scheduled an appointment with a shrink and hopefully meds will be given to me... My homies say my mood swings are out of control and my rage is even worse.

I dont even think there is a word describing my type of anger. I go from thinking happy thoughts one second, then my mind drifts off to someone getting pussy pounded, then to me wanting to kill anyone and everyone. Right now im thinking clearly, but probably in a half an hour i wont even remember writing this thread, and it'll seem as if i am coming down off coke and i must admit, its the worst feeling ever. What i do to ignore my moods rapidly dropping is take it out on others and call them hurtful names, and somehow that makes me feel better. At the age i am right now i know im learning about life an growing but i doubt its normal to be so angry and violent. The thought of me getting worse then hurting people worse than i do now, scares me... I have beaten my older sister and slammed her head against my table and not even knowing it until i see her on the ground crying, i've also choked my friend in one of my classes without even realizing as well.

People please share your thoughts on this subject, if you are a victim of this type of harrassment, or if your bi polar and what you have done to help these irrational thoughts and violence.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps there are some underlying issues provoking this mood swings. Next time you notice your feelings change, try asking yourself what could be causing this. Think about all the things that could be causing this and try to make peace with it.

Just a suggestion.

when im old enough i will move a.s.a.p... I remember ever since i was little i was paranoid and scared to ask certain questions... i still am, and it has made me scared of big crowds and talking to a group of people. I have also founds that the color black helps me get through my day, and without wearing a black item (it can even be black socks) it makes me more confident throughout the day... im hoping that i dont have more than one disorder here. I'm willing to do anything because i dont want to put those who i love in danger. And about having sex? i have no problem with sex, but i know that lacking sex isnt the cause of me want to kill people.

Originally posted by villain@Mar 8 2006, 04:46 AM

Perhaps there are some underlying issues provoking this mood swings. Next time you notice your feelings change, try asking yourself what could be causing this. Think about all the things that could be causing this and try to make peace with it.

Just a suggestion.

i've tried this... whenever im mad i cant find a reason why, or i find little shit and i somehow MAKE it a problem, even though i know its not. auuugh frustrating...

Originally posted by ARCEL@Mar 7 2006, 08:49 PM

looks like you'll need to be probed, to get to the bottom of this issue

"assume the position and await probe insertion!"

haha0nc.jpg

im kidding.

Antisocial personality disorder

A common misconception is that many of the individuals diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder can be found in prisons. It should be noted that criminal activity does not automatically warrant a diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder, nor does a diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder imply that a person is a criminal. It is hypothesized that many high achievers exhibit antisocial personality disorder characteristics. This, however, brings much criticism upon the diagnostic criteria specified for those exhibiting antisocial personality disorder and the PCL-R. Both of these tests depend upon the person in question being a criminal or having participated in criminal activities.

Research has shown that individuals with antisocial personality disorder, are indifferent to the possibility of physical pain or many punishments, and show no indications that they experience fear when so threatened; this may explain their apparent disregard for the consequences of their actions, and their lack of empathy to the suffering of others.

Central to understanding individuals diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder is that they do not appear to experience true human emotions, or at least, they do not appear to experience a full range of human emotions. This can explain the lack of empathy for the suffering of others, since they cannot experience emotion associated with either empathy or suffering. Risk-seeking behavior and substance abuse may be attempts to escape feeling empty or emotionally void. The rage exhibited by psychopaths and the anxiety associated with certain types of antisocial personality disorder may represent the limit of emotion experienced, or there may be physiological responses without analogy to emotion experienced by others.

One approach to explaining antisocial personality disorder behaviors is put forth by sociobiology, a science that attempts to understand and explain a wide variety of human behavior based on evolutionary biology. One route to doing so is by exploring evolutionarily stable strategies; that is, strategies that being successful will tend to be passed on to the next generation, thus becoming more common in the gene pool. For example, in one well-known 1995 paper by Linda Mealey, chronic antisocial/criminal behavior is explained as a combination of two such strategies.

According to the older theory of Freudian psychoanalysis, a sociopath has a strong id and ego that overpowers the superego. The theory proposes that internalized morals of our unconscious mind are restricted from surfacing to the ego and consciousness