mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's not a "joke", it's a "novel." Its his first real work you literary-connoisseur wannabe retards. If some author's early work actually sucked you wouldnt waste your time with his later works. I know exactly what you're trying to say, but if you can't even write as good as that book you shouldn't be talking shit.

And Max's knuck has been posted numerous times already in this thread and in every one of it's incarnations. Step it up. I'm tired of people reposting old bikes.

And I dunno if I'd read a book by Sonny. They'll give a book deal to anybody nowadays and he's not exactly the most articulate speaker I've ever heard. Birney Jarvis however, he's been involved in the HA for a decade longer than Sonny and that dude can fucking write!

whole lot of crazy going on in those.

tried wiring up my speedo today. previous owner cut it before the harness. thought i had it all set, speedo lit up, indicators worked fine, hit the start button and killed everything instantly. checked the fuses, none blown. now it wont do anything. a little freaked out/annoyed. worried i might have blown the ignition or something. more money i dont wanna spend.

unless the battery decided to go loose the split second i hit the 'start' button, i dont think thats it. i was doing all the wiring with the ground unhooked, and had just hooked it back up, and tightened everything. i seriously dreamt about this bullshit last night. i get way too OCD sometimes. its not good.

It's not a "joke", it's a "novel." Its his first real work you literary-connoisseur wannabe retards. If some author's early work actually sucked you wouldn't waste your time with his later works. I know exactly what you're trying to say, but if you can't even write as good as that book you shouldn't be talking shit.

And I dunno if I'd read a book by Sonny. They'll give a book deal to anybody nowadays and he's not exactly the most articulate speaker I've ever heard. Birney Jarvis however, he's been involved in the HA for a decade longer than Sonny and that dude can fucking write!

OK soup here goes some schooling on your o so wise ass self. first off hst was hippie, yes a brilliant writer of our times and probably a cool dood to party with. but by no meas was his take on 81 accurate. stories were twisted and verbatim conversations twisted to make this "novel". i have read this book and promptly dismissed is as one persons opinion of what they might think goes on with 81.

and you really shouldnt be talkin shit yourself when you say "And I dunno if I'd read a book by Sonny. They'll give a book deal to anybody nowadays and he's not exactly the most articulate speaker I've ever heard". of course he isn't an articulate speaker, hes a biker and says what he says how he says it. sonny is the-if not one of the major voices of 81 in the past decades and formed the first chapter of 81.

soup i like you man(nh), but you really have hit a nerve with your comments on this subject. dont believe all you read, hear, or see. in tne interim if you do decide to come to white walls on sat the 12th, do yourself a favor and keep your distance from me. this not an ethug threat. you have shown a lot of disrespect towards people i know and respect.

whole lot of crazy going on in those.

tried wiring up my speedo today. previous owner cut it before the harness. thought i had it all set, speedo lit up, indicators worked fine, hit the start button and killed everything instantly. checked the fuses, none blown. now it wont do anything. a little freaked out/annoyed. worried i might have blown the ignition or something. more money i dont wanna spend.

im thinking you might have a bare wire hitting the frame and shorted the electrical system

not a mech. by any means, but sounds close.

try this forum- they are helpful and wont judge you by hot articulate you type or speak

http://hdforums.com/

good luck seeks

Triple cut that shit out. If you want to have a talk about the differences between the book and reality you know I'm 100% interested. It's not like i'm going to sit there and argue with you saying "No Hunter said this blah blah blah." Nobody takes gonzo journalism as infallible truth. They read it because it's a fucking great read. If anything the entire point is to poke fun at the printed word. And all I jokingly said was that Sonny couldn't write himself out of a paper bag because he's not exactly the next William S Burroughs. That doesnt say anything about the Hell's angels, or even Sonny, and like i said there's a bunch of hells angels who are incredibly articulate. Birney Jarvis (a man who's writing skill I would easily compare to Hunter's) was a reporter for the Chronicle and charter member of the SF HA for several years. He's also got a novel about captaining a ship around the caribbean and hawaii for several years with a couple other HA, a book im still tracking down.

What was happening at white walls tonight? I didn't even know anything was going on. i like how you had to invite me just so I could be properly uninvited. Hahah.

Kind of a sour note, so here's more.

Triumph, Brough, Vincent, Triumph, Triumph... wonder where this was taken... you'd be wrong.

dannysoar_4-700x506.jpg

dannysoar_3-700x696.jpg

dannysoar_21-700x708.jpg

3975334249_8c1549236a_b.jpg

3975327129_de59114961_b.jpg

3975342955_1e7a22435f_b.jpg

3975341721_f30f9b4e65_b.jpg

3975328291_7146a65212_b.jpg

3975322141_e2fa671262_b.jpg

3975319515_07e27b9724_b.jpg

You can guess when these photos were taken... you'd be wrong too.

3975337881_6cbd735909_b.jpg

Bwahaha. Hairlip tightcuffpants vanshitop truckerhatthroughthebeltloop, supremo identity crisis.

got the bike fixed today. turns out there's some real quirky nonsensical wiring shit that needed to be done for no explainable reason. got it sorted out with some help from the internets and the bike fired right up.

after that i side mounted the speedo, hacked the old speedo houseing/indicator piece, ground it all down and made a tiny plate that sits on the top clamp. not as fancy as bruno's, but free.

i also wrapped some baffles in fireproof cloth and stuffed em in my pipes, since the things were way too fucking loud. it made me look like an asshole. now it just sounds a little louder than stock.

then i took the bike out and really rode it for the first time. dude, riding is fun as shit. also, 40mph feels fast as fuck on a bike. at least in comparison to a car. damn.

anyway, thats all for me for today.

3OJMu_photo.jpg

Haha figures. I remember when MV Agusta was producing 750cc F4's in flat black and were only costing $17k. An amazing deal when you consider the larger cc bikes with the same chassis and bodywork are $120k.

I dunno if anyone's been watching the turn of events after the TTXGP which took place with the Tourist Trophy '09, but they've left the isle of man and have created an entire racing series called the eGrandPrix. The bikes arent much to look at, however. Well, they are, but they're all regular motorcycles with electric motors in them. First event will be here in california a the Infineon next may. Last time I was at infineon was for the first ever drift competition on American soil, so I figure I can make a tradition out of it.

This one is fucking fantastic. Called the Mavizen TTX0, its the KTM RC8 frame and bodywork, and dual agni motors with 130+ mph. Starting at 25,000GBP.

Mavizen_TTX02_1-thumb-415x277-6588.jpg

Mavizen_TTX02_2-thumb-415x277-6586.jpg

Mavizen_TTX02_5-thumb-415x277-6580.jpg

Mavizen_TTX02_3-thumb-415x270-6584.jpg

Here's all you want to know about it:

http://www.mavizen.com/Models_and_Kits/TTX02.html

• First motorsport vehicle in the world to ship with integrated IP connectivity
  • Core operating system is open source Linux
  • USB based system bus allows virtually unlimited number of peripherals to extend the capabilities of the machine with plug’n’play
  • Remote factory support package available
  • Swappable drive train and batteries at trackside. Common chassis for multiple racing series.
  • Multiple configurations available depending on the racing series.
  • Built on a homologated, world class chassis
  • Drive train developed from the TTXGP Isle of Man 2009 Champion
  • Strictly limited numbers.

• Dry weight: 110kg (without batteries)
  • Seat height: 805 mm
  • Ground clearance: 110 mm (depending on battery and suspension configuration)
  • Wheelbase: 1,430 mm
  • Frame type: Chromoly trellis frame, powder-coated
  • Rake (fork angle): 23.3°
  • Trail: 90 mm
  • Front suspension: WP-USD, 43 mm
  • Front suspension travel: 120 mm
  • Rear suspension: WP-Monoshock
  • Rear suspension travel: 125 mm
  • Front tyre dimensions: 120/70-17
  • Rear tyre dimensions: 190/55-17
  • Front brakes: Double disc. Brembo
  • Front brakes diameter: 320 mm