Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

Re: motorbikes!

Im pretty happy with what it is: a peppy light touring city bike that feels its best on shitty city roads or slowspeed backroads... or at least thats where I like it, where it feels nimble and fast accelerating, but I'm not freaking out because the rear mirrors are totally useless for checking if any police cars are back there somewhere.

I just havent been around a motor in two years so Im being a fruit and changing turn signals and cleaning up an $800 bike. Thats not really my normal perogative, to be nitpicky about the condition of a beater, but I think when you buy something used from someone you want it to feel like it's yours, so you change a couple small things about it. For me, I either need new grips, or I need to drop it on its side a couple times and brand it that way.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Some1, nice looking shop dude. Braking cameras?

So I was working on my bike before class today, but when it came time to head to class I decided to leave the fairings off. Holy fuck 90 mph without any wind protection was unbelievable. I dont know if I had a headwind but my muscles were aching after a few minutes of non-stop painful wind trying to turn me into a parasail. Then when I exited the freeway I back down to 60 and there wasnt any breeze at all. It's amazing what difference there is between 60 and 90. I really dont know how anyone can ride at 160+. Everyone must have necks of steel.

Oh and I realized today the bike can go faster than 100. Apparently fifth is a pretty flat and useless gear (the clutch might be slipping in that gear, which would explain why the tach fucks up in fifth), but fourth will take you up to 120. I found this out inadvertently when I was splitting lanes home from school today and found myself at a red between a porsche 911 and an Audi RS6. The RS6 made a point to show that he was faster than me, but I didnt really care because by the time we were going 120 my jacket was a fucking blur in the wind and my head was about to fall off.

What's amazing to me is this happened last week when I was splitting lanes and I passed a camaro. I think sportscars are jealous that I can get around traffic and their horsepower is rendered useless most of the time. This dude chose to speed up, cruise next to me, and then try to spur me into racing him. Do these people realize Im riding on some bullshit I've paid less than a grand for? The concept of even wanting to test a sportscar against my beater is halarious. More halarious than between 0 and 70 Im usually ahead.

rs6's are retarded fast.

definitely faster than my bike in the long shot....but when mobbin' on the freeway -it's that 40-80 shit that leaves 'em.

that, and a set of balls.

-----

all in all; it's fun to show the 4 wheelers who's boss, but if they're the ones instigating a race with a bike... well... chances are, it's some dumbshit compensating for the size of his dick or a stole-o.

/////

best race i've had with a car was a miata on the backroads driven by some guy who knew how to wing that little fucker.

Craziest shit I've done riding wise is on my SV650 doing 100+ splitting lanes flying around the inside of corners passing cars chasing my buddy on his 07 GSXR1000. This is while he is ripping wheelies and getting off the bike skiing and shit. Other than that I don't like to race. Especially cause gsxr 600 eat my bike for breakfastt on the highway

It pretty much doesn't run at the moment, not really sure why exactly I haven't messed about with it too much. It's been sitting there for awhile though, so to do anything with it I'll have to completely strip and clean everything, then put it back together and see whats working and what's not