Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RumPuncher

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you get hurt?

---

after this sequestration shit blows over im planning on getting a cb750. first bike.

been pricing shit on CL a bunch and was trying to find this thread last night to post this rad looking bike i saw on CL. link is gone, sold.

ZfQ2yYA.jpg

im good....was able to pick my gas soaked bike up out of the road and push it away without any cops coming...

ridin dirty

• Like 1

clean get away.

one of the first things I was told by my Pops when i was first learning the clutch on a bike, "you're gonna crash, its gonna happen."

just that, its like bumping a curb or locking em up and eating one in a car but you feel more helpless. its just a lick you're gonna have to take.

Glad you're alright!

I logged in yesterday for the first time in a long time and it seemed like there were a decent chunk of folks posting again, so I thought I'd see how bumping this thread would go.

If you're still on the ounce, and you're still riding, post up what you've been up to, what you've learned. This "motorcycling season" has been a bumper crop. I've seen so many wrecks and were close to at least two fatalities in the last two months. I'm having a hard time feeling good about the sport.

gyIktj8.jpg

NkHdLiX.jpg

zt6NJx6.png

KaY9qDl.png

damn... finna be able to log into this place.

So I'm looking to get a bike and i would like to hear your opinion on this piece

3Ed3G13Hc5N75F55Had5o05ef05a121d21717.jpg

"1975 Honda CB360T Runs good, all original (paint too) except for pipes. New tires. 07251 miles & Classic plates. Clear title in hand."

obviously, it's not only like new but it's a trophies winnah! Buyer ask for 3200. What price should I start with? or any advice really.

damn... finna be able to log into this place.

So I'm looking to get a bike and i would like to hear your opinion on this piece

3Ed3G13Hc5N75F55Had5o05ef05a121d21717.jpg

"1975 Honda CB360T Runs good, all original (paint too) except for pipes. New tires. 07251 miles & Classic plates. Clear title in hand."

obviously, it's not only like new but it's a trophies winnah! Buyer ask for 3200. What price should I start with? or any advice really.

It's a bike. Buy it. Don't expect the bike to last long. Don't expect to make any money back off of it. You should be more concerned with what you're wearing while you're learning. BE THE NOOB that gears up from head to toe. Full face helmet, armored jacket, armored pants, armored gloves, and armored boots. YOU WILL FUCKING CRASH, and when you do you'll either tap out or be well enough to get back on. Motorcycling is, for 99% of the population, A BAD IDEA.

Also, Van-whatsyourface, since I just disabled PM's because i never log into 12oz, I'll respond to you here. Your question was basically "My bike needs the carbs cleaned and rejetted and the sprockets changed, how much can I sell my bike for?"

Dude, cleaning carbs are fucking easy. Working on bikes is fucking easy. Hit me up on email and I'll walk you through the process. Changing chains and sprockets is part of life. You can't sell a bike every time you need regular maintenance. Would you sell a bicycle when it needs new tires? FUCK NO. If you want to sell your bike that's one thing. I'll buy it off you. But knowing your motorcycle INTIMATELY where you understand the physics of why everything works is part of the joy of motorcycling.

Go online. Find a sprocket and chain kit from vortex. Drop a tooth from the front and up two in the rear. It'll cost you $130 and your bike will be BETTER than when you first had it. If you dont have your tools start buying those too. If you dont have everything yet just SIT ON IT. Buy yourself a trickle charger and keep the battery plugged in so it doesnt die. No reason to just flip a perfectly good bike because you're too lazy to do basic work.

AND YES, i just called you out on here instead of in PM's.

InkFace: http://www.bayareamotoshop.com

Tell your friends.

All I am saying is I am gonna roll the throttle with my pinky out... Flying out to GA afterwork wednesday. Getting picked up by the owner and riding it back to CT over the long weekend. I can't wait for this new toy to be in my stable! Yes that is full ohlins supension, heated grips, switchable on/off abs, accessories hookup, 190 rear tire... its the sex...

Riding up to SC staying overnight with friends then heading over to the blue ridge parkway in NC to ride deals gap then up to CT for some much needed rest! 16 to 20 hours of riding not bad!

photo_zpsc1a41c96.jpg

Cool dude. Come ride out to the bay. Think: top 5 roads in the country, laguna seca, sears point, thunderhill, streets of willow, yosemite, joshua tree. On that bike you CAN do 16 hour days. Mine my legs will hurt after 5.

I got myself asspacked by another rider recently so I may be getting paid off or something. Everything works but the radiator's a bit leaky, the forks are a bit leaky, the brake's a bit squishy, and the front disc drags on the caliper a bit too much.

Also some road rash on the tank and frame, so I doubt that they'll buy me some new parts. We shall see. I had a couple trips up to tahoe planned. I was gonna rent a DH mtb, ride the resorts then do some more motorbiking.

Really, REALLY been wanting to get on one of these.

Harley%20XR%201000%20Custom.jpg

they look cooler than fuck, are faster than fuck, and i LOVE the 2 into 2 supertrapp's

Cool dude. Come ride out to the bay. Think: top 5 roads in the country, laguna seca, sears point, thunderhill, streets of willow, yosemite, joshua tree. On that bike you CAN do 16 hour days. Mine my legs will hurt after 5.

I got myself asspacked by another rider recently so I may be getting paid off or something. Everything works but the radiator's a bit leaky, the forks are a bit leaky, the brake's a bit squishy, and the front disc drags on the caliper a bit too much.

Also some road rash on the tank and frame, so I doubt that they'll buy me some new parts. We shall see. I had a couple trips up to tahoe planned. I was gonna rent a DH mtb, ride the resorts then do some more motorbiking.

I know I gotta get out there my cousin in San Diego keeps asking me to stay at his place. He has Porsche's and a huge house. I think I'll ship the bike out there when I do though I don't have that much time off would rather spend a week in Cali riding. Getting a dog this year I am taking off time for that and hopefully a trip around here with my father. Maybe next year.

Dude just go buy a new bike...please...

Worst trip ever didnt get to go on any of the roads because of severe weather at times water was so deep on the highway it was up to the lips on my rims. Took 3 days to get back from Georgia I didnt want to ride at night/holiday traffic/couldnt see 20 ft ahead of me at times in the rain. Rain gear sprung a leak on day 1 soaked for 3 days...

942153_10200145347817776_491165344_n_zpsac981dee.jpg

1003664_10200150100936601_1809554113_n_zpsf2cc15c0.jpg

So glad to be home to take it on some twistys.

Oh i built myself a proper mechanic's garage for about a grand. Only thing I can't do is change my own tires, but that's coming. $600 no-mar tire changer, then make up some of that money by doing mount and balances for the kids in the area. With my new job I stil have a bit of spare time to built bikes out of junkers and teach kids how to rebuild forks, adjust valves, flush their coolant and whatnot.

Speaking of super sports.

I got the chance to ride a friends 2009 R1... it is so, so seriously stupid & terrifying on the street.

bringing my first build back up and running.

built it in my bed room of my moms house when i was 17.

notice the connecting rod tail light.

photo-2.jpg

Have any of you heard of Ural? I just heard of them today. I have been looking at getting a bike for some time. Just not sure what I wanted.

dc57233caf631840c26490844300e0d5.jpg

What do all of you think?