Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RumPuncher

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

my suggestion? keep posting real content instead of fucking shitty youtube rap videos in every single thread.

Oh.... and buy something old.

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

thank you for the suggestion, I tried both today and my choice is done (48), used are almost the same price as new

So still no tail and still no gsxr shock I am pissed... I just bought a license plate relocating kit integrated light bar cause this race tail aint got no light spot.

I need help to decide a wrap for this kit. Seriously I am wrapping this bitch cause I am not painting this thing since I can get it done free. WHAT SHOULD I DO!? I need ideas...

will any heat proof tape work for wrapping pipes or is there some special shit i need to pay extra for at a bike shop?

ocean air+chrome=perpetual rust.

The problem with wrapping pipes is that it holds the moisture in and will rust them out faster.

I've been back and forth on whether or not to wrap mine for a while, for that reason.

That's an interesting thought. I wrapped the headers on my streetfighter. You could argue the other way by saying the rock chips on unprotected headers allow for premature rusting as well.

Oh and use header wrap.

Edit: Psalm Juan, glad to see you back on two wheels. Post pics of that tail on the bike. I want to see that.

im just going on the fact that you RARELY see a bike out here with unwrapped chrome pipes, and if you do its on a garage kept bike.

Wrap them then, let me know if it slows down the rust. I'm genuinely curious,

my shit's rusting faster than fuck with the salt fog we got here everyday.

I can't be bothered to cover it every time i stop at the bar :beat:

what the fuck is this, amateur hour?

wrap your fucking pipes. it stops chips, reduces heat, increases HP (slightly), and looks better than chrome. traps moisture? are you fucking retarded? go run your bike for an hour and grab the pipes. tell me how much moisture is on them. fucking retards.

RIPS, are you trying to decide between an 883 and a 48? It's the same fucking bike homie. one has 10 more HP and a bigger front tire. its like trying to decide between a dick in the ass or a dick in the mouth. either way you cut it you're buying a showroom floor dudester. pretty cool rides. super original. unique.

BUY OLD BIKES AND BUILD THEM.

SO I'm building a 1982 CB750F Suber-Sport. It was a real rat when I bought it ($500) but it ran good. I promise I will post a bunch of flicks in the next 24 hours. I completely rebuilt it and have just finished the wiring this evening and was able to try to start it. I got it to turn over and run for about 30 seconds before it cuts out. Once i begin to start it fuel pours out of the carb overflows and won't stop until I cut the fuel. Is this just the floats, or is there something else? Is there anything I can do short of pulling the carbs and removing the float bowls? The is an 82 CB with quad carbs, any help would be great. Thanks

new garage is fully up and running. i don't have a good finished photo, but shit is fucking legit. even has a built in apartment.

(photos stolen from my homie at hated of the world)

c1e23070dddb11e199e022000a1e8ac3_7.jpg

9343da20dd3111e19c2922000a1e87be_7.jpg

1ab08602db9311e19fe21231380f3636_7.jpg

734598ead39911e1b28822000a1c9e1a_7.jpg

32e991d6d2d911e1ae7d123138178d5e_7.jpg

taxman, sometimes floats get stuck. try tapping the bowls with the rubber handle of a screwdriver and see if that stops it. if that stops it or not, you still should clean those carbs.

seeks, did you go to born free 4?

Thanks, tapping worked on 3 & 4 but 1 & 2 continue to stick. I pulled them off and am just going to give the whole thing a good cleaning. as promised, here are some flicks.

IMG_3063.jpg

as purchased, so uncomfortable

GOODSHOT.jpg

as it looks now minus the carbs

and in-between

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

ScreenShot2012-06-30at64346PM.png

the setup I want

CARBIWNT.jpg

SEATBOTTOM.jpg

SEATOP.jpg

polished.jpg

pwdrct.jpg

top.jpg

Is that a DOHC or SOHC? I might be asking you questions in a sec. My CB900C's been sitting around collecting dust because i had a valve go. Didnt want to fix it because if I did I'd have to rebuild the bottom end to make sure it didnt blow up next.

I'd just rebuild the fucking carbs. I bet your diaphragms are worn and cracked too.

Not finished but close...still wanna put a 88cc big bore kit, street tires, rear hand brake, and wheelie bar. Got the stiffer +2" suspension coming as well

Before:

IMG_3081.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

After:

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3088.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

and just painted the crank case cover... (bad cell phone shot)

IMG-20120731-00222.jpg

thank you for the suggestion, I tried both today and my choice is done (48), used are almost the same price as new

didnt read back dont know what other bike you tried but i assume ur talking about the HD 48

ive been lookin at sportsters myself was gonna go with a 48 or nightster but i think im gonna nget the iron and do the 1200 conversion looks to be cheaper and if done right faster than a stock 1200

but n e way anyones 2 cents are welcome