Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RumPuncher

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'll help out with a pic..

51pre_unit_ebay_033.jpg

i'm really digging pre unit hard tails lately... i think this one is almost perfect

Havent had my bike in a couple months and the thread dies. Nice.

I saw this thing today and thought it was cool. Probably the only one who does but here it is anyway.

DSC-DEATH-SPRAY-DUCATI-NB-side_900.jpg

DSC-DEATH-SPRAY-DUCATI-NB-front_900.jpg

DSC-DEATH-SPRAY-DUCATI-NB-close.jpg

Love it

I gotta stop selling my bikes... I need another one and I am done with RC's what sport twin should I get?!

3c7ef1144c7e11e1a87612313804ec91_6.jpg

chopped the cam cover on my sporty the other night. shit looks so much better.

this bike is finally gonna be done right. I'm stoked.

Both of my motorcycles don't run and instead of working on them I've been riding the bicycles. That's basically why this thread sank.

I will contribute this story of my new neighbor. He lives in the building next to mine and between the two buildings he's got a tent that he keeps an old FXD with straight pipes and a R100. He rides the harley every morning and starts it up in the alley so it sounds like a sturgis assless chap convention in my fucking floorboards. One day he was having trouble starting it and started it with a wide open throttle. I was sleeping probably 15 feet from where his bike was. I wanted to fucking kill him and if it happens again I think I can plea insanity from the sleep deprivation.

So moral of the story is, if you have your bike with straight pipes parked in a community garage or in an alleyway, back it out to the street before starting it or someone's going to take a power drill to your oil sump and laugh at you when you throw a rod.

i haven't really worked on the bike at all since that last update. been cold and I've been busy with other stuff. now I'm gonna be out of town for a couple weeks, but when i get back shit is on.

^ Downloading now.

Been feelin gixxer fighters for a while now. Might have to start a project.

StreetFighterGSXR.jpg

STP65076.jpg

suzuki_gsxr_streetfighter_bike_metal_concept_4.jpg

got a question, 83 hd fxr dumps the oil on ignition, figure first thing to check would be the valve screen on the oil pump for blockage, is no screen. but theres metal debris mixed in what oil remains. does this mean im going to have to take the pump off and see if one of the gears is chewed up?

i reallllllyyyy dont want to embark on this journey of pain in the assery to find out it ISNT a chewed up gear.

opinions?

also, the engine isnt stock.

got a question, 83 hd fxr dumps the oil on ignition, figure first thing to check would be the valve screen on the oil pump for blockage, is no screen. but theres metal debris mixed in what oil remains. does this mean im going to have to take the pump off and see if one of the gears is chewed up?

i reallllllyyyy dont want to embark on this journey of pain in the assery to find out it ISNT a chewed up gear.

opinions?

also, the engine isnt stock.

Where exactly is the leak coming from?

i don't know shit about this, id say check HDforums.net or something similar. those old dudes know everything.

however id also say anytime you've got a bunch of metal in your oil you've got something bad going on.

Where exactly is the leak coming from?

i dont know, i wasnt there when the oil was dumped. il ask though.

and seeking: yeah, thats what i was afraid of. thanks for the link

the oil came out the breather line.

think what my next course of action is to drain it completely and see just how much debris is in there, cus is IS an old bike.

Exactly. "excess" oil is pumped out through tge breather line. The metal debris is likely jamming up your oil pump's check ball and keeping it from seating. Id start by checking your oil pump. But like i said if youve got metal debris in your oil your problem isnt the oil, since any bike thats been sitting or any bike overfilled with oil might do this. your problem is whatever is grinding away inside the bike. Are there any non-oem/aftermarket parts? Id check those first.

but would the check ball not being able to seat cause ALL of the oil to be dumped out the breather? theres literally no oil in the oil tank.

the entire engine is aftermarket, and im pretty sure not all of the engine components were purchased at the same time. certainly a frankenstein bike.

FXRs puke A LOT of oil out of the breather I had a 89 and a 92 its normal if the bike has been sitting for a while. While its empty check the drain plug and see how much metal is stuck to the magnet on the plug.