new tattoo

Guest nutsonmychin!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nutsonmychin!
Originally posted by fermentor666@Mar 6 2006, 08:03 PM

Seems like you don't really give a shit about the religion, why bother getting it tattooed on you? I hate people that get all this religious shit tattooed on them and they don't even go to church. Go out and get all shit-faced and violent and then talk about how spiritual you are because you have Jesus tattooed on your chest. Talk about false idols. I would never get any of that tattooed on me, even if I went to church or temple or whatever every day.

uhhhh. yeah. whatever. funny that you think you have a grasp on how i feel about my own religion by some dumb internet thread. i personally am really into religious art, and history. it's something i find incredibly interesting. and that goes far beyond my skin.

nerd.

Originally posted by harvey wallbanger@Mar 7 2006, 02:38 PM

I love that Mac drawing, though I'm not sure how well it would translate.

If you are into graffiti (?), classic flash-style tattoos, and mexican art, have you thought about contacting Giant? He did one of my tattoos, and I must say he's quite good.

pffffff never....

I am not a fan of Giants

"Mexican Art and Flash Style" stuff,

Originally posted by porkchop+Mar 7 2006, 09:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porkchop - Mar 7 2006, 09:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-fermentor666@Mar 6 2006, 08:03 PM

Seems like you don't really give a shit about the religion, why bother getting it tattooed on you?  I hate people that get all this religious shit tattooed on them and they don't even go to church.  Go out and get all shit-faced and violent and then talk about how spiritual you are because you have Jesus tattooed on your chest.  Talk about false idols.  I would never get any of that tattooed on me, even if I went to church or temple or whatever every day.

uhhhh. yeah. whatever. funny that you think you have a grasp on how i feel about my own religion by some dumb internet thread. i personally am really into religious art, and history. it's something i find incredibly interesting. and that goes far beyond my skin.

nerd.

[/b]

If you're so into your religion then why start a thread asking 12ozers if you should get a religious tattoo? Most of us don't know you and would probably never see your tattoos anyways. Seems like a "trying to be cool thread", look at me I'm Peter Pan, shabona.

Originally posted by harvey wallbanger@Mar 7 2006, 03:04 PM

It's a band around my calf. Graffiti inspired, but in a very structured, almost architectural, abstract style. Had it about seven years, and I still love looking at it.

Thats swell.... seein as how most people that

get graffitti inspired tattoo's tend to hate them

after a while...get em covered up etc....

the 'boombox' tattoo would compliment a 'jeepster' tattoo well.

or, a girl had a floral tattoo on her foot in the shape of a sandal strap. mad cute. something like that would really tie all your work together. :spin2:

*most people i know with religous tattoos get them for personal inspiration, rather than religous devotion. before the disciples started rolling with jesus, many of them were screw ups.