Tools of the trade

Guest imported_b0b

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by KING OF HELL

i find the bit about the nib equaly confusing, not saying that its bob's pen, but here's my dilema...most of te writers i know that partake in silvegoldpaint pen activities, have learned that a well used nig is better than i new one. when i get a new pen i switch out the new nib for the one i used last because its already all juiced up and blown out just right. i continue to use it till its just worn.

which is why some of those nibs in the mass appeal article are all messed up just like mr"B_as_is_bot" has pointed out. its because some of us prefer a wrecked nib. its squishes to the surface better. lets the ink/paint out smoother. now this is for pens im speaking. i dont use mops that much so i cant wax all deep on the nibbing of mops. also, switching of pen nibs from different color markers can have a fresh mixing effect. i hate new paint pen nibs.

....heres a simple and easy tip for nice worn nibs,

steal a new marker, pull out the UNUSED nib and ware it down a bit by rubbing it on a rough surface, put it back in. go wreck shop.

i find this a great solution to your problem. as we all know, if used correctly, a nib that is used a lot will eventually ware away to nothing and so taking them out and putting them into a new marker wont always work...and if you use metallic inks, pop off the top of a new one and add paint thinner. shit comes out butter, drips and triples the life of the marker. -enjoy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oldfaithful
Originally posted by animez

pens1.jpg

what's the silver thing on the middle marker wrapping the chalkboard eraser? looks like a dope mop...

also anyone knows which place sells the cheapest mini wide? anyways i just use a jumbo pilot... they have nice ink~ no mess.

it is where the og nib from the pilot skrewed on.

holy fucking shit, those were the dopest homemade markers i've ever seen. damn, that's like a whole new inspiration for me. now i got even better reasons to tag.

what kind of things should i use for nibs?

hahaha awesome shit.

late1r

Originally posted by emothug

that is such a bite...theres no need to wrap markers up in tape and such...

yeah there is mang! if you got garvey in that piece you better tape that shit up good or you gonna have a purple leg for like a month or two....i do not exagerate that shit is leakeyer than a mug!!! yahm?

Re: uni broadpoints

Originally posted by cpickle

http://store6.yimg.com/I/allenap_1704_28149'>

highly recommended by the pickle

photo courtesy Durable Supply

PX-30!!!! they the BEST money!!!!! I LOVE a PX-30!!!! they the best pre-assembled markers money can buy!!! TIP= when they like starten to be half way empty smash the the back end flat wiff a hamma while makin shure not to trap the lil ball in the back.....it makes them go ballistic (more flowey than when they was brand new)HA! HA! GOD I AM SUCH A DORK!!!!! PX-30 fo life money!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by sofarok

what make is that?

Isn't it an Artline? Looks like a classic "torch" pen to me. The other end unscrews too to refill.

Guest imported_sofarok
Originally posted by crazeeb0b

Isn't it an Artline? Looks like a classic "torch" pen to me. The other end unscrews too to refill.

ooh very nice, i always thought that the torches everyone talks about were 30mm artline paint pens....now i know.

Cheaper than a hotdog wit no mustid

I made this bad boy last summer. Its an eraser sewn up and shoved through these dope little mustard jars. Good mustard its called INGLEHOFER. Whatever the tip is just over 1 3/4 inches wide real messy shit although its tough to find good ink around here.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00270678f00000001.jpg'>

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00270678f00000002.jpg'>

Guest imported_sofarok

INGLEHOFER looks fresh, recently experimented wit a plastic pint glass filled with socks and ink....ms hepbun made ne do it...cunt

Guest SMUGGLER RSH
Originally posted by dr. frink one

i like the double sided pens with the chinese (i think) writing on them

anyone have more info on them?

Those markers are Japanese the symbols written on the side are Katakana the alphabet used for foreign words or names. Zebra has some preety nice markers I bought an 18MM permie the other day works real nice. Japan has some dope markers if only I had a digital camera I would be able to show you the stores that sell them.

Archived