Tools of the trade

Guest imported_b0b

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE METAL THING IS THAT COMES WITH THE MINIWIDES? I CANT FIGURE THAT SHIT OUT. IS IT TO PUSH THE NIB BACK DOWN ONCE ITS REFILLED? IF SO THEN WHY DOES THE ULTRAWIDE NOT COME WITH IT? HOLLA FRONT YO!

Originally posted by timebomb

i already got one, and there isnt any ink left, what do i fill it with and should i take out the felt?

come on now, it's not rocket science. take off the plastic part by twisting it off so you have the metal carcas, get some ink, pour it into the felt thing, than put the plastic part back on and hold the marker upside down and let excess ink drip out.

Originally posted by ChaMPa

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE METAL THING IS THAT COMES WITH THE MINIWIDES? I CANT FIGURE THAT SHIT OUT. IS IT TO PUSH THE NIB BACK DOWN ONCE ITS REFILLED? IF SO THEN WHY DOES THE ULTRAWIDE NOT COME WITH IT? HOLLA FRONT YO!

i don't think they're necessary. i lost the one on mine and didnt have any problems.

i just got one of those sharpie paint pens, one of the ones that are like the size of the unipaints. that shit is dope, probably one of the best paint pens out. that and uni-paints..

Originally posted by rubbish heap

i just got one of those sharpie paint pens, one of the ones that are like the size of the unipaints. that shit is dope, probably one of the best paint pens out. that and uni-paints..

I'm not big on paint pens, but the more I see these, the more I want to try them. I think I'm gonna go pick one up today.

Originally posted by CrazyLazy

I'm not big on paint pens, but the more I see these, the more I want to try them. I think I'm gonna go pick one up today.

i think having a paint pen or a mop is almost mandatory. i mean, you can always fuck around with inks like i do and make hard staining recipes, but most inks are dark colors like black and violet and they don't show up well on dark surfaces, mainly dumpsters, garbage cans, electric boxes. so that's when the paint pens come out... a nice white paint pen or silver mop on a navy blue garbage can, shows up very nice.

Indeed. I dig the mops, but when you start carrying around pens, you just sort of collect them and you end up with like 5 pens in your pocket. But I usually do carry around a streaker for those dark surfaces, or on occasion, a silver writer.

Originally posted by yeaaaah baby

the trick ive found to bombing with markers is keep one marker in each pocket and memorize which color is in which pocket.

i usually keep all my markers in one pocket in case i gotta throw em...but memeorize what each one feels like

i got the mop full of drippy paint for bombing shit

ultrawide full of stainer ink for buses

small paint pen for the cuttier small shit

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by fuck muni

i usually keep all my markers in one pocket in case i gotta throw em...but memeorize what each one feels like

i got the mop full of drippy paint for bombing shit

ultrawide full of stainer ink for buses

small paint pen for the cuttier small shit

i agree with this post its sorta suspicous to dig through 10 pockets if u wanna throw ur shit...or keep it in a backpack and ditch the bag or say it aint urs if ur on the bus....those pens people posting i think i might know what they are...people from frisco coudl find them useful and easily rackable from our fine art supplie store down on market but u gotta know where they are availabe in tons of colors but better to empty and fill with griffin flows super fucking clean and has a more durable nib the on the runs also much easier to refill and doesnt drip out the sides and no need to replace the nib as long as u dont get it wet...if frisco heads wanna kno where 2 get these at..if u dont already kno juss hit me up al3x188@aol.com

Archived