Tools of the trade

Guest imported_b0b

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by sixteenvandals

yo you dont know shit about mops.

a. a mop sponge tip should last a few refills if you write on smooth shit.

b. if you write on a rough surface tape aint saving you.

c. even if TAPE would help the tip (which it doesnt). those markers shown have tape on the handles.

If you chuck a piece of fabric over the sponge tip, make sure its a snug fit and tape it down below the tip, the tip will be stronger and not fuck up so quickly... if it does start to fray, you can just change the fabric... I also think the fabric helps the flow and doesnt streak as much.

Tape is also good to wrap around the slit where you unscrew the pen, so the pen does not leak everywhere... acting a bit like a tampon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by sixteenvandals

i think crazee bob has spent too much time in the lab and not enough in the field. thos taped up things might look a little bit creative but i doubt they are much good to use.

im all for homemade stuff, but it looks like you got every kind of shoe product you could find and tried to modify it as much as possible. and why is the gold pen tip PERFECT and un scuffed yet the outside is all wrecked?

cause you didnt use it i bet.

i find the bit about the nib equaly confusing, not saying that its bob's pen, but here's my dilema...most of te writers i know that partake in silvegoldpaint pen activities, have learned that a well used nig is better than i new one. when i get a new pen i switch out the new nib for the one i used last because its already all juiced up and blown out just right. i continue to use it till its just worn.

which is why some of those nibs in the mass appeal article are all messed up just like mr"B_as_is_bot" has pointed out. its because some of us prefer a wrecked nib. its squishes to the surface better. lets the ink/paint out smoother. now this is for pens im speaking. i dont use mops that much so i cant wax all deep on the nibbing of mops. also, switching of pen nibs from different color markers can have a fresh mixing effect. i hate new paint pen nibs.

I like the Marsh pen actually this is funny i have two at home but they are not for Graff they are for cleaning weapons 50 cals 40mm grenade launchers all those big area weapons i think im gonna convert em an try em out good Idea marsh.............................UPS QUEMANDO TU CASA..............

Originally posted by AbovE

I like the Marsh pen actually this is funny i have two at home but they are not for Graff they are for cleaning weapons 50 cals 40mm grenade launchers all those big area weapons i think im gonna convert em an try em out good Idea marsh.............................UPS QUEMANDO TU CASA..............

Yup...the big fat ones. I know about them.

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by whats this

some of those markes are ill. i love the bacardi one. i never knew that kryon used to have rainbows on them

Those are English Krylons. a very poor imitation.

Originally posted by Ammo

7th group, 1st 2 markers.... what the fuck are those?

ya..whats the first one? :confused: ..ive seen the second one at a hip hop shop out here but the first one i have no idea..

• 4 months later...

I doubt that Cap's 'mop' even works. It looks like it's just for show. look at it... 2 pieces... an empty Bacardi bottle... and a piece of foam...

wonder why theres no ink in it? It wouldnt work, a whole shitload of ink would gush over your hand and the wall. anyway, fuck all that Magiver shit, why use a marker that took you an hour to make, time to refill, and a possible giant mess.... when you can get a Krylon short cut and a fat cap? doesnt make any sense to me........

Guest focus

i maybe wrong, but wouldn't a fat cap on a shortcut maybe get you one or two tags out of a night. those cans are awful teeny, and pretty thin.

Guest doc bronson

KRINK IS EASY TO MAKE

RUSTO SILVER AND PAINT THINNER

I RATHER STICK TO THE HOME MADE ETCH MARKERS

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSS YESSSSS

tight

PX-30's are the shit of course.

I never seen a white marsh 88 but it looks fun.

Edding is europes baby, I never seen a edding streak but Edding500's are probably the best pen you can possibly use on stickers. This is a great post Bump por vida.

Well yeah, of course. Anyone who knows anything knows that a wrecked felt tip works better then a new felt tip. Its fatter and juicier..As mentioned.

But those sponge tipped aplicators that come on top of the shoe-polish bottles.. Its whole new ballgame. If you have enough paint in your mop and squeeze it just right - you could probably write on anything. But as the paint runs out, the applicator will grip onto whatever surface, especially if dirty, or porous, the applicator begins wearing in the middle and just falls off,exposing the button and working like shit. Its all in how one uses his mop, what surfaces he decides to hit..

You can abuse the hell out a freshly filled mop I tell you..Mash that shit all up..and still come out with drips.

http://freephoto-i.net/users/elmerpaste/bottle.jpg'>

this marker leaves the messiest tag, and thats what i like

http://freephoto-i.net/users/elmerpaste/bottle2.jpg'>

this is the same as the first but a size bigger

http://freephoto-i.net/users/elmerpaste/supply2.jpg'>

gotta love the marsh with a modified zig marker(cut out that shitty spring mechanism and the flow restrictor) and your tags will run

http://freephoto-i.net/users/elmerpaste/supply.jpg'>

another modified zig marker on my clean ass table.

my ink cocktails

some London ink mixes

FIEBENS LEATHER DYE PURPLE=70%

CORIO BLUE INK=20%

SAKURA BLACK REFILL INK=10%

atink my version of krink

ODDS AND ENDS CHROME JARS PAINT MIXED WITH LIGHTER FLUID AND WHITE SPIRIT PLUS MY SECRET INGREDIENT.....

sausages

Archived