Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dick Quickwood

weird bicycle accidents

Recommended Posts

i was riding my bike earlier and the shifter handle suddenly broke off, putting a mean scratch on the inside of my wrist. most of the impact hit my watch and coat, and luckily for me there was nothing sharp. a couple years ago i had a pedal break off, naturally i jammed my shin into a jagged metal thing with all my weight on it. plus i get flat tires every other time i ride, i've tried several different things to stop that from happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ive had 3 bad ones mostly cuz i was being an idiot

1. when i was frst riding and teaching myself how to do it, i accidentally and unknowingly slammed the front break too hard and went flying crotch first into the handle bars...

 

2. going down hill pretty fast, my arm hit a prickly bush (arm which was for the back brakes) and i was swirving infront of another cyclist, so again i slammed on the front brakes, but this time the bike flew over me (did like a front wheelie) and luckily i didnt die. lol

 

3. i tried "jumping" my bike off a curb and i fucked up cuz i was too parallel to the curb, wheel got stuck, i feel and got a wicked scar on my elbow and knee

 

the end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my friend is being charged with attempted manslaughter or something similar for pulling a hit and run on a 9 year old with his bycicle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont have a bike to ride as of now.

 

 

my got stolen while locked up at the bar last night.

 

hooray for being robbed of my transportation and my fucking job. cant be a messenger with no bike.

 

cant buy another bike without a job.

 

im fucked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a couple of months ago I was going down a huge hill and my fronts brake pads popped off and got stuck in the wheek. Luckily, my biking prowess saved me from certain death

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im going to have to.

 

only problem being there isnt any bike shops here with track bikes in stock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

followed a AA pro threw a rythem section and i nose cased,i went over the handle bars and broke my c1 vertabrae....i have also broken my collar bone twice my nose, most of my toes and fingers all riding bmx....on my track bike ive been doored going like 30 and gotten purdy beat up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yo fuck a trackbike: youll get alot more use out of a decent road bike, or what im looking for which is a cyclocross or touring bike: something you can put fenders and big tires one with more powerfull brakes.

 

 

ive been hit a number of times, none of them having been that bad, knock on wood.

 

none of them were especially weird, although one time i did trash a 180 dollar front wheel and the fork it was attached to at probably 1.5 miles per hour.

 

oh, and ive definitley seen and been in a few weird accidents while playing bike polo. mallet in the front spokes, over the handlebars, etc. an older racer guy did the scorpion fall where you come off your bike onto your stomach with your feet over the back of your head. dude got right up again like nothing had happened.

 

WHOS GOT MY 60 CM CROSS BIKE!??!?!??!?!?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

accidents....

-when i was about 7 or 8 my older cousins pushed me off my bike and i flew face first on the concrete causing a scrape on my face that created lots of scabs (picture freddy kruger)

-about 11 or 12...got hit by a car in a residential...bitch wasnt paying attention...and it was too late for me to dodge

-about 13 or 14 i was riding my bike without hands carrying a basketball...comming back home...when my foot slipped...the pedal came back and hit me in the back of the foot and i flew face first over the handle bars....

 

 

...point is i dont know how to ride a fuckin bike...lol...but i do drive...watch out world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just learned to ride my bike that summer and i was riding up and down the street outside my house. im in some shorts and no shirt and no shoes, no helmet, enjoying the summer weather- i was maybe 8 or 9 years old. i go one way and my brothers on the side walk. he yells "can i throw a stick in your spokes?"

 

"no" i reply and keep on peddaling.

 

i do my turn around and im riding along. all of a sudden i look to my left and my brother javelines a stick in my direction. hits perfectly in the front spokes and my bike halts to a stop, i fly 8 feet and skid on the concret, bash everything up and immedeitly start bawling. my dad runs out and asks what happened. my bro goes "i didnt think i could actully get it in there."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by cultural me@Mar 5 2006, 11:52 PM

"i didnt think i could actully get it in there."

 

:haha: :haha: ....i wouldve said the same thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ARCEL@Mar 6 2006, 01:39 PM

plus i get flat tires every other time i ride, i've tried several different things to stop that from happening

 

 

Are you significantly overweight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I once caused a guy to go flying head first onto a paved road. I just stoped in front of him and thought he was gonna go around me, but this niggah was going sooper dooper fast and basically ate shit. I have never seen a lump or a bruise the size of this come up so fast as this guys leg and the cuts and shit were mega. He actually got fucked up proper and I was in crazy schock cos I thought I killed him and he hit me damn hard while coming down the hill but I didnt feel it.

 

Shit was scary on the real. like 150

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this was weird, I guess it kinda fits the topic...

 

Authorities discover 'this bike is a pipe bomb' is name of punk band

 

ATHENS, Ohio (AP) — Authorities shut down four buildings at Ohio University after a police officer noticed a sticker that said "this bike is a pipe bomb" before finding out the message was the name of a punk rock band, a university spokesman said.

 

Police noticed the sticker on a bicycle early Thursday, then blocked streets around a university-owned restaurant where it was found, spokesman Jack Jeffery said. A bomb squad came from Columbus, about 65 miles away.

 

The bomb squad pried apart the bike with a hydraulic device normally used to rescue accident victims trapped in cars, acting Athens Fire Chief Ken Gilbraith said. Once they had it open, they saw there was no bomb. The buildings were reopened after about two hours.

 

Dean of Students Terry Hogan asked that fans of the Pensacola, Fla., band be more careful when showing support in the future.

 

Patrick K. Hanlin, 28, was charged by university police Thursday after he came forward as the bike's owner, Jeffery said. The charge carries a maximum penalty of six months in jail.

 

There was no answer at a phone number for Hanlin in Athens.

 

An e-mail message seeking comment was sent to Plan-It-X Records, the band's record label. No phone number was available.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dude's facing jail time because they blew up his bike... huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Smart@Mar 6 2006, 01:05 AM

I thought this was weird, I guess it kinda fits the topic...

 

Authorities discover 'this bike is a pipe bomb' is name of punk band

 

ATHENS, Ohio (AP) — Authorities shut down four buildings at Ohio University after a police officer noticed a sticker that said "this bike is a pipe bomb" before finding out the message was the name of a punk rock band, a university spokesman said.

 

Police noticed the sticker on a bicycle early Thursday, then blocked streets around a university-owned restaurant where it was found, spokesman Jack Jeffery said. A bomb squad came from Columbus, about 65 miles away.

 

The bomb squad pried apart the bike with a hydraulic device normally used to rescue accident victims trapped in cars, acting Athens Fire Chief Ken Gilbraith said. Once they had it open, they saw there was no bomb. The buildings were reopened after about two hours.

 

Dean of Students Terry Hogan asked that fans of the Pensacola, Fla., band be more careful when showing support in the future.

 

Patrick K. Hanlin, 28, was charged by university police Thursday after he came forward as the bike's owner, Jeffery said. The charge carries a maximum penalty of six months in jail.

 

There was no answer at a phone number for Hanlin in Athens.

 

An e-mail message seeking comment was sent to Plan-It-X Records, the band's record label. No phone number was available.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dude's facing jail time because they blew up his bike... huh?

 

 

:haha: ....damn it sucks to be that dude....but i guess it would suck to be the police even more....imagine how dumb they looked...fuckin pigs :five-o:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Tough Love@Mar 6 2006, 07:12 AM

i hear the collar bone is the most painful bone to break

is that true?

 

 

I once broke someones collar bone and he didnt seem to mind that much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...