God of War fans..

Weapon X

-------------------

God of War 2 is being prepared for release on PlayStation 2 in the USA next February, with a PAL release to follow, Eurogamer has learned, and Sony reckons the series has the potential to expand to PSP, PS3, mobile and even film.

All of this comes to us courtesy of leaked Sony marketing documentation, which suggests the publisher wants to build on the success of the first game - which sold over a million copies - and try and dethrone the likes of Prince of Persia, which it sees as a competitor.

Sony was unavailable to comment on the documents' authenticity at the time of publication.

In development at SCEA Santa Monica, as before, God of War 2 will see players take on the role of Kratos once more as he trots off in search of vengeance against the gods of Mount Olympus.

Advertisement

He'll use his blade as a grapple to cross chasms and pull objects to ground, fight on ceilings and walls (with an improved climbing system), wield new magical abilities in combat and battle various iconic figures from ancient Greek history.

Along the way, players will defeat Icarus and claim his wings as a tool to glide with, gain the ability to ride Pegasus, discover the Amulet of Fate and Golden Fleece to earn special powers, and wield weapons including the Hammer, Bone Sword and Medusa's Head.

Sadly there's no mention of multiplayer - with the game touted as one-player only.

The documentation also features plenty of concept art, and boldly claims that the game visuals are comparable to next-generation systems - before suggesting that the series itself could make the transition to PS3 given the right backing.

With a date of February touted, we'd expect to be playing God of War 2 during E3 in May. Look out for an official announcement in the months to come.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

and here is a link to a recent David Jaffe interview with EGM:

http://egm.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3148011&did=2

David Jaffe is easily one of the best game designers out there. GoW proved that without a doubt. He is a really cool guy who I'd label as a videogame visionary.

GoW just won big at the DICE awards. You can read about Jaffe's time there at http://davidjaffe.typepad.com . Really cool!

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Still haven't had the chance to play the game, but it looks fucking unreal.

Until then, Ninja Gaiden Black.

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Mar 5 2006, 03:36 PM

Still haven't had the chance to play the game, but it looks fucking unreal.

Until then, Ninja Gaiden Black.

my buddy said he almost broke his xbox several times because of the difficulty level of NG Black.

And dude is seriously one of the most placid people I've ever met.

Originally posted by one two three four five@Mar 5 2006, 03:38 PM

in resident evil 4, im at that big thing with the tentacles with the napolean dude in him, some one help me!

YO! Hit the giant eyeball until Salazar exposes himself. That's when one rocket launcher will do the trick. If you don't have the rocket launcher, shoot him several times with the Broken Butterfly, rinse, and repeat.

Originally posted by fuse=--action@Mar 5 2006, 03:34 PM

It's not nerdy.

It's about getting stoked to rip the heads off of medusas, stab minataurs in the face, and rip the wings off of little flying imps once again.

This is about carnage.

And fucking metal.

-fuse.

Exactly.

BTW, I read that in the European version, they had to change that dude in the cage (remember the warrior you have to sacrifice to the flames?) into an undead dude. Those Euros are weird. They have naked 14 year olds on billboards, but they had to censor that out of a videogame??

Originally posted by Weapon X+Mar 5 2006, 04:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Weapon X - Mar 5 2006, 04:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-one two three four five@Mar 5 2006, 03:38 PM

in resident evil 4, im at that big thing with the tentacles with the napolean dude in him, some one help me!

YO! Hit the giant eyeball until Salazar exposes himself. That's when one rocket launcher will do the trick. If you don't have the rocket launcher, shoot him several times with the Broken Butterfly, rinse, and repeat.

[/b]

Just one hit from the rocket launcher?

Originally posted by Scarekroe@Mar 5 2006, 04:25 PM

JUST KIDDING I PLAY VIDEO GAMES, JUST NOT INTO THAT GHOULS AND GOBLINS AND DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS VAMPIRE FINAL FANTASY SHIT.

Yeah, I know what you mean. When I first got this game, I thought it was just gonna be the same as all those other zombie/orc/wizards type game. But it's not. It's Greek mythology on acid, dude. I give you my word that it'll be one of the best games you've ever played.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Weapon X@Mar 5 2006, 04:04 PM

my buddy said he almost broke his xbox several times because of the difficulty level of NG Black.

And dude is seriously one of the most placid people I've ever met.

Oh, it's fucking hard alright. But it makes it all the better when you get good at it and start kicking alarming amounts of asses, cause you KNOW what you're doing is not easy... and you feel like a total badass.

*Undertone block: ON

i still remember that damn challenge of the gods..

we left the playstation on for 3 days..and didnt stop playing it till it was beaten..

i swear saving your family after the first fight with ares on god mode is the hardest thing in the world..

oh.

i'm now playing golden sun for gba