partying in portland...

oddio1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^well said about that sixr^

Alright honestly, I hate to put another boring post into this thread but come on people. Since when does graffiti limit what style you can do? I love styled out graffiti. sometimes I like to see cartoon shit. its all different. thats half of what makes our city interesting. As long as theres more than one style happening, I dont see a big problem. people are looking at this city through the screen of 12oz. portland is portland. thats it. Forget this website.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This absurd new "retro" OMG style that seems to be infiltrating Portland's graff scene is disturbing in the fact that we are allowing this mockery of our culture to pass unquestioned. it is especially sickening that writers such as LYNUS, FADER, and GOSH have decided to use this style. This would not have flown ten years ago and should not be allowed survive now a days. there no threat meant im just trying to stand up for the artistic side of graffiti. I expect more from Portland.

i cant hear you im in the bay....and lynus is fresh someone who can flip alot of styles so please leave my crew out of this retro shit talk but i feel the same. people need to step it up... but i can say these "retro" fools seem to be the most up in p-town so looks like they got you there...

respect goes out to the VRS's, and the older heads like Triel and Tomb who were up back in the early/mid 90's when i lived out in OR. still got flicks of shit from back then somewhere. the tunnels under the freeway used to be burner galleries. Frustr8 used to be up too, maybe more in Eugene though. OR has some nice graffiti on the whole though ... peace to your city from an outta towner.

because it wont get bumped on 12 oz considering some of us might not be in with oddio and im not trying to self post. if only the outlaws are getting posted thats the only representation of portland.[/quote

agreed... oddio started this thread and not all writers are in his circle jerkin' crew. no doubt him and others play favorites when it comes to posting pics. and your right, some of us don't want to just post our own shit, simple as that. so if we don't like it, then yeah maybe we can flick some garbage ass shit, and be like "yeah, this should be ok by 12oz standards, its the new style, where you slam and smoke brown and don't give a fuck"........