partying in portland...

oddio1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I know this won't stop any of you from posting images but I'm going to go ahead and say it anyway...

You all do realize that every time you post a photo of work that has been done on the street, a rail car or a wall illegally that you're doing all the leg work for the Portland Police Department? I'm not sure I understand why any of you would want to help them add to their files on local writers. Especially posting images of work done by a writer other than yourself. Maybe that writer doesn't want his work posted on here... and for good reason. I've had to move or delete whole threads for that idea alone. Posting your own work is one thing (still not that smart) but posting the work of an "up" writer doesn't seem like such a good idea. If that writer is up strong chances are that everyone already has seen the work and posting in here is redundant.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. I try to keep out of all this but I'd hate to see a good writer go down because they got caught and the Police had a large back-log file on 'em due to lifting images from 12oz.

Thanks for reading and hopefully you understand where I'm coming from. Not trying to be a dick or anything...

I understand where your coming from, it isnt smart to document illegal graffiti on the internet, but you can say what you said for any thread in here and isnt the point of these threads to post graffiti pictures?

I know this won't stop any of you from posting images but I'm going to go ahead and say it anyway...

You all do realize that every time you post a photo of work that has been done on the street, a rail car or a wall illegally that you're doing all the leg work for the Portland Police Department? I'm not sure I understand why any of you would want to help them add to their files on local writers. Especially posting images of work done by a writer other than yourself. Maybe that writer doesn't want his work posted on here... and for good reason. I've had to move or delete whole threads for that idea alone. Posting your own work is one thing (still not that smart) but posting the work of an "up" writer doesn't seem like such a good idea. If that writer is up strong chances are that everyone already has seen the work and posting in here is redundant.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. I try to keep out of all this but I'd hate to see a good writer go down because they got caught and the Police had a large back-log file on 'em due to lifting images from 12oz.

Thanks for reading and hopefully you understand where I'm coming from. Not trying to be a dick or anything...

im not from portland, but i was reading this and didnt really agree with it

if writers dont want people to post pictures of their work on the internet, they shouldnt paint it. straight up. you cant put in work and expect some of it not to show up on the net..

my 2 cents.

not every city is as small as portland, with a police department that's already publicly stated they're gathering info about writers from this very site.

unlike joker, i dont care if you think im a dick. use your fucking heads, or we'll do the thinking for you (and remove the threads).

if writers dont want people to post pictures of their work on the internet, they shouldnt paint it. straight up. you cant put in work and expect some of it not to show up on the net..

my 2 cents.

Contrary to popular belief... some writers could care less about e-fame. I agree with you that if you put something up, especially something decent, there's a good cahnce someone will want to share it with the rest of the world... especially with todays networking. My posting was merely questioning whether or not it was a good idea to post other writers work instead of just posting your own. I'm not asking people to stop posting... just asking them to think about what they're posting. Maybe even who they're posting. That's all. I don't expect anyone in here to care... just to consider what they're doing.

Thanks.

Contrary to popular belief... some writers could care less about e-fame. I agree with you that if you put something up, especially something decent, there's a good cahnce someone will want to share it with the rest of the world... especially with todays networking. My posting was merely questioning whether or not it was a good idea to post other writers work instead of just posting your own. I'm not asking people to stop posting... just asking them to think about what they're posting. Maybe even who they're posting. That's all. I don't expect anyone in here to care... just to consider what they're doing.

Thanks.

Won't that make you guilty of "self-promoting"? You just can't win anymore....

Joker-

I have seen a lot of the posts on here and I have tons of respect for what you say and what you do but this last one confuses me a little bit. The definition of an "up writer" is loose and this forum's main focus is to show graffiti on line. So your statement seems a little contradictory to the thing that you moderate. If people follow what you say then what will this site consist of? Please elaborate if possible.

Joker-

I have seen a lot of the posts on here and I have tons of respect for what you say and what you do but this last one confuses me a little bit. The definition of an "up writer" is loose and this forum's main focus is to show graffiti on line. So your statement seems a little contradictory to the thing that you moderate. If people follow what you say then what will this site consist of? Please elaborate if possible.

Honestly, I have no idea. I'm trying to be proactive but I think all I'm really doing is being an idiot. Please ignore anything I've posted prior to this one and continue on.

However, if posts or images go missing... please understand it's because I was asked to remove them.