Signs your small yard is getting blown...

Long Bus

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest dukeofyork

if you really want to paint trains...find more yards and layups..

drive for gods sake (if you can)

if you cant drive, run with someone who can....

Like the old saying goes "Where there's smoke, there's fire". This is true w/yards & layups...Where there's yards, there's layups. Just think, they don't load up the cars in the yard now do they! They have them layed up some place where they load/unload before moving on to the yard to other destinations. Look about on a map, find industrial parks and what not. Then check them out by driving there. Or you can go on www.mapquest.com and follow the tracks, then when something catches your eye, use the "aerial photo" tab and see if it's the real deal. That's just how I found all of mine. Ohh and when I found them, it was mostly me walking to the spot and finding the hidden treasure.

there has got to be more lay ups in your vacinity. search is my only suggestion. I agree that mapquest site is a good idea and have tried it before. if you have a model hobby train store in your town somtimes they carry a plethora of information. read as many old maps as possible. some times they are more accurate than recent publications.

B Hound, I fell your pain of uncertainty 110%. Everyone I paint with has gone through the same deadend problem....but in the last year, there's been hope. We used to have 1 and 1 1/2 broke-ass spots where 9x out of 10 your fill would roll away on you. Now, i'm juggling between a serplus of locations and no one gets bothered.

There's always an option....especially if you live in the U.S.

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by booze hound

... im pretty sure theres at least some layups on this island, none of which i know for a fact, are in my town though...

an island? where???

i'm asking cuz i don't think some islands fr8s leave, they get

used over and over and only travel up and down the island....

in this case you could be shit outta luck...

whereas some larger islands cars leave and can eventually end up

travelling the mainland..

Guest dukeofyork

Re: LAZYASS!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by CHICANOFUNK

GET A CAR LAZYASS!

OR ROLL WITH SOME WRITERS THAT TRAVEL TO NEWER SPOTS ALL THE TIME!!!!WHERE DO U LIVE IN ANTARTICA??????

:D

i bet they got the hot shit down there.

you completely described my situation. i have one spot..no layups...and one day a week for chill day hitting..nighttime possibilites on my end though. i feel your pain. i've been hitting this yard for a little over a year. a few things run and i've gotten it down to a science to figuring out what will and what wont. we rarely get something that will...and when we do its parked where we cant hit it without being seen. i went to the yards last night and as i entered i passed a piece i did a few months back. its like this all the time. i fear one day going to the yard and seeing 10 pieces of mine just sitting there. should i add piece 11 or run? its a shitty situation. they've already hired a bull for night time..i laughed last night because he was sitting outside in a lawn chair. it was a cool night so i can completely see why haha. i moved back over and painted the outside. i dont know about you but i just love the feeling of hitting a freight. sure i wish it would run. sure i wish it wouldnt ever come back...but what can you do? you have to adapt. i miss the days of walking the yards at night free from the fear of hearing someone or spotting a flashlight. it sucks..but maybe you need to head out of town like i'm working on. the nearest city is a big one and kids arent exactly nice about yards up there but i'm doing my homework and i'm getting closer. even knowing most of them doesnt help. its true what you hear about the south and their territories. i guess the only thing you can do is move your spot.....i know it sucks..and it may not be possible..but...you have to adapt. best of luck.

one more thing...you guys talk about layups and how there has to be some. keep in mind not everyone gets boxes like you blessed individuals. hitting a hopper or a layup in a tanker is pretty dumb. boxcar layups are set up to be hit....hopper layups are practically impossible due to lighting getting in being spotted. i suppose you could hit a hopper layup of a small buisness but down here the big dogs play..i'm sure its like that all over the country. so next time you hit that layup remember good ole southern kid and the boys like me who dont have that option of a layup.

jus' settin' the kiddies straight.

i get stuck with alot of crap that doesent run too far or doesent leave the country at my most chill of spots. but i deal with it, i do get some nice cars that will run every so often i guess, but if i want rare boxes i have a certain spot for that, but its in town and a little more heated out, it sucks, but i still hit em, and am thankful for them being so chill. oh well, whatever.

damn man, that sucks. from what i've seen, my yard is hardly known...i'm not even sure if you could consider it a yard. just run across the three lines and duck behind some bushes and shit and paint all night. i didn't even know it was a yard until i saw a train stopped at the gates one night on the way to my boy's house. a cool place to get flicks too because the trains stop outside of the yard entrance so your not gonna get bitched at or nothin for bein out there. you more than likely won't even get yelled at, i've never seen anyone near the freights, even when the yard seems active. and for your situation, if these kids are makin yer yard hot...bash them over the head a couple times with a can and get the point across that it's YOUR yard...you're not welcome fuckers.

unfortunatly for me all that is nearby is layups, a few local things go back and forth, but there deffinatly isnt a yard, just a few spurs, two which is way out in the open of a gravel parkinglot one has a main highway off to the other side(but i feel better painting that one), there is one in the blocked by trees, but that may be changed soon. the rest are fenced in on the property of the businesses that use them, or i just cant find them. i like going back to my hometown and going to the yards there. very very chill (though i havent been since sept. 11). too bad the yard of my choice is the divider between the ghetto ass hood and the not so bad area, and all the freights are parked on the ghetto side which may be considered someones "turff"

Originally posted by dai

damn man, that sucks. from what i've seen, my yard is hardly known...i'm not even sure if you could consider it a yard. just run across the three lines and duck behind some bushes and shit and paint all night. i didn't even know it was a yard until i saw a train stopped at the gates one night on the way to my boy's house. a cool place to get flicks too because the trains stop outside of the yard entrance so your not gonna get bitched at or nothin for bein out there. you more than likely won't even get yelled at, i've never seen anyone near the freights, even when the yard seems active. and for your situation, if these kids are makin yer yard hot...bash them over the head a couple times with a can and get the point across that it's YOUR yard...you're not welcome fuckers.

ok champ, who says its YOUR yard?

• 4 weeks later...

ass neck

drive around and find newer spots neck bone------

----theres dope spots if u look 4 them!!!!!!!

----------day and night spots 2------

---theres times i go hour plus away from my house 2 hit spots so i dont burn out my more chill spots in the home land.....:mad: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Archived