World Baseball Classic

Jimmy Jump

I SAW THAT USA-JAPAN GAME... AND JAPAN GOT ROBBED OFF THAT BULLSHIT CALL WHICH COST THEM THE RUN THAT PUT THEM IN THE LEAD IN THE 8TH INNING. I'M SURE IT'S GONNA RAISE QUESTIONS IN JAPAN SINCE THEY PLAYED IN THE U.S. AND HAD ALL U.S. UMPIRES. BRINGS IT BACK TO THE OLYMPICS WHERE RACIST/NATIONALLY-BIASED REFS ARE SOMETIMES CALLING AGAINST CERTAIN COUNTRIES.

OH YEAH, AND KOREANS HATE BLACK PEOPLE.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Weapon X@Mar 13 2006, 09:50 PM

As far as MLB is concerned, I think they should use the replay in the last couple weeks of the season, and the playoffs. To me, it's almost as big an issue as steroids.

i am completely against instant replay. i like that human error element that umpires bring to the game. i am also a white sox fan.

ortiz's bomb against cuba.

<object width="250" height="200"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTPlNZHqrhE"></param><embed src="mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2006/open/wbc/topplays/031306_domcub_ortiz_hr_350.wmv" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="250" height="200"></embed></object>

worldbaseballclassic.com

Originally posted by the A squad@Mar 14 2006, 02:32 PM

I hope japan loses tomorrow. They said it would take 30 years for koreans to even compete with japanese baseball.........and then they lost the next day to korea.

YEEEE

JAPAN IS SUPERIOR TO KOREA IN NOT ONLY BASEBALL BUT EVERYTHING ELSE.

AND IF YOU GO TO JAPAN THEY'RE NOT BLATANT RACISTS LIKE THEY ARE IN KOREA.

Originally posted by the A squad@Mar 14 2006, 02:41 PM

wtf?! im not gona argue that koreans arent rascist because we are!!

But anyways......if japans so superior, then how come koreas the only undefeated team and the person with the most homeruns in the whole classic is from team korea?

NOT ENOUGH GAMES WERE PLAYED. PIT JAPAN AGAINST KOREA TO PLAY A BEST OF 10 SERIES AND JAPAN WILL SURELY TAKE IT.

I JUST WANT TO SEE A BLACK TEAM (LIKE THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC) BEAT UP ON KOREA. BECAUSE KOREANS ARE ARROGANT WHEN IT COMES TO RACE. THEY HOLD HITLER'S PHILOSOPHY THAT THEY'RE SUPERIOR TO BLACKS IN EVERY WAY. IT WOULD JUST DESTROY THEIR PRIDE AND EMBARRASS THEM IF A BLACK TEAM WERE TO CRUSH THEM IN THAT GAME.

UPDATE FROM LAST NIGHTS GAME

KOREA : USA

7 : 3

USA team had a number of good players despite their loss. Ken Griffey, Jr., Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Chipper Jones, Rogera Clemens. Come on.. that's like the fuckin dream team for baseball. A-Rod, Jeter, Jones, Clemens? Are you kidding me? These guys are paid over $15 million a year to play baseball in the major league. It's like putting Jordan, Kobe, Iverson, and Shaq on the same team.

KOREA stands with a record of 5-0 UNDEFEATED

KOREA : CHINA

10 : 1

KOREA : JAPAN

3 : 2

KOREA : TAIWAN

2 : 0

KOREA : MEXICO

2 : 1

Originally posted by Scarekroe+Mar 14 2006, 05:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarekroe - Mar 14 2006, 05:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-the A squad@Mar 14 2006, 02:41 PM

wtf?! im not gona argue that koreans arent rascist because we are!!

But anyways......if japans so superior, then how come koreas the only undefeated team and the person with the most homeruns in the whole classic is from team korea?

NOT ENOUGH GAMES WERE PLAYED. PIT JAPAN AGAINST KOREA TO PLAY A BEST OF 10 SERIES AND JAPAN WILL SURELY TAKE IT.

I JUST WANT TO SEE A BLACK TEAM (LIKE THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC) BEAT UP ON KOREA. BECAUSE KOREANS ARE ARROGANT WHEN IT COMES TO RACE. THEY HOLD HITLER'S PHILOSOPHY THAT THEY'RE SUPERIOR TO BLACKS IN EVERY WAY. IT WOULD JUST DESTROY THEIR PRIDE AND EMBARRASS THEM IF A BLACK TEAM WERE TO CRUSH THEM IN THAT GAME.

[/b]

STFU.. JAPS ARE THE REAL NAZIS. KOREA OWNS JAPAN IN ANYTHING RELATING TO SPORTS.

Originally posted by Jimmy Jump+Mar 14 2006, 05:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jimmy Jump - Mar 14 2006, 05:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Weapon X@Mar 13 2006, 09:50 PM

As far as MLB is concerned, I think they should use the replay in the last couple weeks of the season, and the playoffs. To me, it's almost as big an issue as steroids.

i am completely against instant replay. i like that human error element that umpires bring to the game. i am also a white sox fan.

worldbaseballclassic.com

[/b]

i really don't understand you people. I'm not gonna bother debating, because there's no getting through.

You want your $100 million team to lose a playoff series because of some fat, incompetent fucks?

Originally posted by D0WN@Mar 14 2006, 04:50 PM

UPDATE FROM LAST NIGHTS GAME

KOREA : USA

7 : 3

USA team had a number of good players despite their loss. Ken Griffey, Jr., Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Chipper Jones, Rogera Clemens. Come on.. that's like the fuckin dream team for baseball. A-Rod, Jeter, Jones, Clemens? Are you kidding me? These guys are paid over $15 million a year to play baseball in the major league. It's like putting Jordan, Kobe, Iverson, and Shaq on the same team.

KOREA stands with a record of 5-0 UNDEFEATED

KOREA : CHINA

10 : 1

KOREA : JAPAN

3 : 2

KOREA : TAIWAN

2 : 0

KOREA : MEXICO

2 : 1

ACTUALLY NOT REALLY BECAUSE BASEBALL PLAYS ALTOGETHER DIFFERENT THAN BASKETBALL. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN A BASEBALL GAME AND PLAYERS HAVE LESS CONTROL OF THE GAME SINCE IT'S JUST ONE BATTER AT A TIME. IN BASKETBALL WHERE THE U.S. HAS PRETTY MUCH DOMINATED OVER THE YEARS IN THE OLYMPICS SINCE BASKETBALL WAS INTRODUCED AS AN OLYMPIC SPORT (WON 2 SILVERS, ONE BRONZE, AND ALL THE REST WERE GOLD MEDALS). I'M JUST SAYING IT'S NOT THAT SURPRISING THAT THE US TEAM IS GOING TO LOSE SOME GAMES.

SPEAKING OF BASKETBALL THE INTERNATIONAL BASKETBALL PLAYERS BETTER WATCH OUT IN 2008. THE U.S. IS TAKING IT SERIOUSLY THIS TIME. GONNA HAVE THEM ACTUALLY PRACTICE TOGETHER DURING THE SUMMERS AND RUN PLAYS, AND THEY'RE GONNA PUT OUTSIDE SHOOTERS ON THIS TEAM. THE GOLD WILL GO BACK WHERE IT BELONGS.

Originally posted by Scarekroe@Mar 14 2006, 11:04 PM

ACTUALLY NOT REALLY BECAUSE BASEBALL PLAYS ALTOGETHER DIFFERENT THAN BASKETBALL. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN A BASEBALL GAME AND PLAYERS HAVE LESS CONTROL OF THE GAME SINCE IT'S JUST ONE BATTER AT A TIME. IN BASKETBALL WHERE THE U.S. HAS PRETTY MUCH DOMINATED OVER THE YEARS IN THE OLYMPICS SINCE BASKETBALL WAS INTRODUCED AS AN OLYMPIC SPORT (WON 2 SILVERS, ONE BRONZE, AND ALL THE REST WERE GOLD MEDALS). I'M JUST SAYING IT'S NOT THAT SURPRISING THAT THE US TEAM IS GOING TO LOSE SOME GAMES.

SPEAKING OF BASKETBALL THE INTERNATIONAL BASKETBALL PLAYERS BETTER WATCH OUT IN 2008. THE U.S. IS TAKING IT SERIOUSLY THIS TIME. GONNA HAVE THEM ACTUALLY PRACTICE TOGETHER DURING THE SUMMERS AND RUN PLAYS, AND THEY'RE GONNA PUT OUTSIDE SHOOTERS ON THIS TEAM. THE GOLD WILL GO BACK WHERE IT BELONGS.

So you're basically saying that Korea got lucky? Just like how the White Sox just got really lucky and won the world series in 2005?

KOREA VS JAPAN round 2 tomorrow.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Mar 14 2006, 10:28 PM

i really don't understand you people. I'm not gonna bother debating, because there's no getting through.

You want your $100 million team to lose a playoff series because of some fat, incompetent fucks?

ehh...its the way it goes and has gone for years.

common practice for middle infielders to be in the 'general vacinity' of second base when turning two...strike zone is basically umpire's discretion... the game is slow enough as it is without every play up for instant replay review.

But I'm not saying every play. I should have clarified this earlier, but what I meant was that if the dude is out by a couple milliseconds, but the ump calls it safe, then fine. But if one ump is questioning another ump's call, or if the umpire feels that he's not confident about his call, then they should go to the replay.

I've seen too many important games get blown by arrogance and incompetence.

One example of this was the Japan/USA game. The one umpire made the call that he was safe; that he had tagged up. But the plate umpire insisted that it was his call (which it is), and overturned the decision, which was very clearly wrong. That is a gaffe and a half, dude. If two umpires have differing opinions, they need to go to replay. Or if the coach is angry and convincing enough.

Plus there's the whole argument of corruption, which has crossed my mind many times throughout my years as a baseball fan.

WOW, WHAT A GAME! BOTH GAMES WERE GREAT, BUT THAT KOREA/JAPAN ONE - WHOA!

Japan caught some tough breaks there. And did you see the furiousness in Ichiro? Dude was maaaaad! And why do you think he was yelling at the fans?

*edit - you can't front - that was a World Series caliber baseball game. I feel like it's October already.