Spraying on frozen walls

ccab

Does anyone have any advice about spraying frozen walls?

I'm putting up a piece tonight ahead of an event tomorrow, unfortunately the temperatures will be sub-zero, the wall's surface will be frosty, and I was wondering about the effects this might have on the paint. For instance, will a heavy frost affect the way the paint dries? Will the paint stick? Does anyone have any useful techniques for spraying in cold weather?

Any advice appreciated!

cheers

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you could try scraping the ice off if there is any, or bring a heater? Paint likes to either soak in or stick, and on slick ice, its not going to be able to really do either. Ive never been in freezing temps while painting so i cant help much, but good luck!

Its not going to stick to moist surfaces...I had the same problem a while ago..One of the walls was moist cause of the fridge inside (meat packaging factory I believe) and the paint would not stick...Cant help you buddy...All I know is that it aint going to dry or stick..

if you're painting in cold weather, keep those cans warm (hot water bottle in your bag should do it) or your pressure output and consistancy is going to be fucked.

as for getting that wall good...try bringing a shovel and a towel (bang/scrape the ice off the pat dry the wall a bit with the towel to give yourself a good surface). if you prime the wall on the spot it'l stay a bit tacky and give something else for the paint to stick to.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

make sure your alert, because frozen walls are known to punch writers in the face for painting them