Ultraviolet

fuse=--action

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KING OF HELL

On the "Hills have eyes" tip, how many of you realise that it's a remake. Tghe original hills have eyes, was fresh. Super bad B movie for '77.. Micheal Berryman was famous for that movie as the weirdo bald guy. he was also in two episodes of the x-files. most notalbly "revelations" where he played owen jarvis the protector of the boy with stigmata.

this guy..

8NbO0_13835.gif

found this on IMDB while looking at the trivia section of it:

"The movie is based on the true story of Sawney Beane and his family (a wife, eight sons and six daughters), a feral clan who inhabited and roamed the highlands of Scotland's East Lothian County, near Edinburgh, in the early 1400s. They were eventually captured on the order of Scotland's King James, were judged to be insane, and executed without trial"

they made a part 2 in in 85 but it wasnt near as good.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by fuse=--action@Mar 5 2006, 12:33 AM

If this guy's so awesome, why can't he get with a decent team of writers?

-fuse.

He's both writer and director. Obviously better at one than the other.

I'm gonna watch this today.

Hahahahaha, holy shit that was fun as hell. Exactly as I expected. That bullet evasion fight was the fucking biz right there.

Oh dude. Go baked, it's incredible. Some ideas clearly worked better than others, some effects weren't up to par, the action quality starts to decline in the second half, and the final "boss fight" was downright shitty. The one in Equilibrium kills it. But that first half, wooooo.

You really have to be an action enthusiast end love the imagination and planning that goes into creating these scenes to really enjoy a movie like this. I really wish it had less story, it just gives people more of a reason to bitch about the movie.

I just came across this Wimmer quote. Awesome.

"I love and have always loved and will always love action. Great action to me is better than food, better than sex, better than anything. I remember vividly every single moment of great action I have ever seen in the theater, when I saw it, and the elation I felt when I saw it. Action makes my heart pound just thinking about it. I'm in love with the heroic ideal which is probably kind of corny in an age of advancing cynicism but I can't help it. For a man on film, there is no greater moment than the instant when he suddenly gives up everything he knows or thought he ever wanted and starts whipping ass for love or principle."

Originally posted by KING OF HELL@Mar 5 2006, 03:39 PM

On the "Hills have eyes" tip, how many of you realise that it's a remake. Tghe original hills have eyes, was fresh. Super bad B movie for '77.. Micheal Berryman was famous for that movie as the weirdo bald guy. he was also in two episodes of the x-files. most notalbly "revelations" where he played owen jarvis the protector of the boy with stigmata.

this guy..

8NbO0_13835.gif

found this on IMDB while looking at the trivia section of it:

"The movie is based on the true story of Sawney Beane and his family (a wife, eight sons and six daughters), a feral clan who inhabited and roamed the highlands of Scotland's East Lothian County, near Edinburgh, in the early 1400s. They were eventually captured on the order of Scotland's King James, were judged to be insane, and executed without trial"

they made a part 2 in in 85 but it wasnt near as good.

Beat you to the punch, except I think Craven is a hack and to re-make any of his films would be a mistake.

So I (somehow) got conned in to seeing this movie, and I have to say it's probably one of the top 5 worst movies I've ever seen, and I've seen some shit in my time. I don't even know where to begin. The absolutely terrible acting ("V....w-what's that sound?""It's the wind Six...just the wind"), the terrible plot where they didn't explain ANYTHING (I didn't even realize they were vampires until 3/4 in to the film), or the cheesy fight scenes that didn't start until about 30 seconds of Milla Jovovich looking pouty and pissed off in slow motion.

My absolute favourite part of the movie was when she was fighting the Chinese guys (who the fuck were they anyway??), and there was like a 3 minute sequence of reflections in everyone's glasses, eg. Chinese guy #1 is reflected in Milla Jovovich's glasses, and then she's reflected in Chinese guy #2's glasses, who's reflected in Chinese guy #3's glasses, etc, etc.

It's just awful. I recommend seeing it just to see how horribly bad it is, but take Mam's advice and go stoned, or drunk, anything that will make you laugh at how bad it is rather than want to kill yourself like I did...

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle@Mar 7 2006, 04:30 PM

My absolute favourite part of the movie was when she was fighting the Chinese guys (who the fuck were they anyway??), and there was like a 3 minute sequence of reflections in everyone's glasses, eg. Chinese guy #1 is reflected in Milla Jovovich's glasses, and then she's reflected in Chinese guy #2's glasses, who's reflected in Chinese guy #3's glasses, etc, etc.

Dude, that sequence was soooo badass... it was the best fight of the fucking movie. She doesn't even touch a single guy. All she does is look at the reflections in their glasses, move so that they line up in front of each other's line of fire, and get out of the way. She basically makes everyone shoot everyone else until they're all dead. I'm sorry, but that's a great fucking idea for a fight sequence.

About all the missing shit, there was about 40 minutes of stuff cut from the theatrical version. I don't think they would make the movie better, but they do explain a whole lot more.

I really can't believe you went to see this. I've seen you talk favorably about, maybe 3 movies total, and bash 700 others. How could you not think this was going to be torture? And... Crash? Don't get me wrong, Crash was a pretty fucking good movie, it blew me away, but it was also one of the most contrived stories I've ever seen put on film. You know there's much better stuff out there.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle@Mar 7 2006, 09:47 PM

I'm going to go watch Crash again just so I don't completely forget what a good movie looks like...

No offense, but Crash was a Hollywood wankfest. Congratulations Hollywood, there's racism in LA! How topical! A seriously contrived, implausible, circle jerk of stereotypes. Some good performances, but with a predictable, overrated, and trite script. I would have rather seen Brokeback Mountain win the oscar.

Unless you're talking about David Cronenbergs "Crash" from 1996, about people who get into car crashes in order to get stimulated, sexually. That was a good one.

Originally posted by fermentor666+Mar 7 2006, 10:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fermentor666 - Mar 7 2006, 10:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dr. Dazzle@Mar 7 2006, 09:47 PM

I'm going to go watch Crash again just so I don't completely forget what a good movie looks like...

Unless you're talking about David Cronenbergs "Crash" from 1996, about people who get into car crashes in order to get stimulated, sexually. That was a good one.

[/b]

thats the real crash....

Originally posted by Smart@Mar 5 2006, 01:55 AM

I find that if a pretty girl is in too good a movie, or does a great job of acting, it makes it harder for me to ignore the plot and other characters so I can stare at her tit, crotch and ass the whole film.

39517_bg.jpg

I remember watching the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

was I scared?

texas.jpg

wait.... was I paying attention to anything but her?