Ultraviolet

fuse=--action

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imported_El Mamerro

No, I haven't. Really want to, shit looks hot. Although I've heard you have to be familiar with the FF7 story to follow it well... I've only played the very first Final Fantasy. Maybe I'll watch it on mute with some insano music playing.

the graphics are insane, just as everyone expected that it would be. The fight scenes are crazy matrix stuff. It's my favorite one time movie because it loses its shock value when you watch it a second time. fight musics good, but the only bad thing is it is based heavily off the game and if you havent played it, you'll be like what the hell??!! for like half of the movie.

.....hope that made sense, if you want i can send you the movie, i got it on dvd

Guest uncle-boy
Originally posted by Smart@Mar 1 2006, 10:56 PM

I watching the lead chick on Carson and she's a sparkplug! She says she did all her own stunts but I dunno about that... a

no way she did all her stunts, my homegirl was her stunt double for the movie.

she got to go to china for like 4 months to film sht for it. im so fucking jealous of her and her boyfriend, he got to go up too and brought back flicks of them with mila out getting drunk and irie.

i need her to take me next time she gets a gig like that.

thats pretty much the main reason why i wanna see the movie, is just so i can see my homegirl do flips and shit, not to mention the fact that mila jovavich is fucking beautiful.

Originally posted by fuse=--action@Mar 1 2006, 10:27 PM

Nah, but the ad runs every commercial break on [adult swim].

-fuse.

ADULT SWIM RULES. BUT YEAH ULTRAVIOLET LOOKS LIKE IT WILL FLOP (IN THE REVIEWS AND IN EXPECTED EARNINGS) -- LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER SHALLOW ACTION MOVIE WITH MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR SPECIAL EFFECTS AND VERY LITTLE PLOT OR STORYLINE.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Mar 2 2006, 07:54 AM

gonna suck.

But yo, I saw the girl who plays Chloe on 24 the other night on Conan and she was ultra-mega-super charming...no kidding! Even Conan was entranced..it was obvious.

How can you say this after watching Equilibrium?????

IT'S BY THE SAME GUY!!

It has to be fucking awesome, I'm psyched for it.

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Mar 2 2006, 09:52 PM

Dude... OF COURSE IT'S FUCKING GARBAGE. This is, without a doubt, a shitty movie. There is absolutely no question about that.

But it doesn't mean it won't be awesome to look at. Well-crafted action (and this director is VERY good at crafting action) is fucking amazing to watch, I feel sorry for those who can't enjoy it for what it is. I'm just going to *bannable offense* and sit back and giggle at the lovely shit happening onscreen.

And thank you!!

Actually, Equilibrium had a great story, not original, but still intelligent. I have high hopes for this one, I remember that the preview for Equilibrium made it look like garbage as well. And you people would rather sit through another half-assed horror movie remake (hills have eyes), based on a horror film that wasn't even that good to begin with. Like a bunch of little teenagers waiting for the fourth installement of Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer.

Equilibrium definitely had a good story, but you can tell it was skimped on. A couple of adjustments here and there would have made the story feel a lot more wholesome. It had a lot of nice elements but they were just not developed to their full potential.

I'd rather watch a full-on action spectacle with no aspirations at decent storyline than one that tries very hard but ultimately fails, and in doing so removes screentime from the eye candy. I think we can all agree more action on Equilibrium couldn't have hurt.

im not about lame corny action/special effects in movies...im all about characters...and this character looks lame...the plot looks worse than any cheesey teen horror movie too...this shit looks like a weak remake of a lame 80s jeanclaudevandamme movie..oh no! we built these soldiers we cant control! ah society is falling!......id rather watch a bunch of goon like hillbillie rejects rip people apart any day.

Originally posted by realcanadiannatualspringwater@Mar 3 2006, 09:37 AM

im not about lame corny action/special effects in movies...im all about characters

You are fucking cool.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Mar 3 2006, 06:55 PM

Name ONE movie EVER that skipped press screenings and was good.

ONE.

I would've been surprised if it WAS screened. Movie critics really have no business dealing with this movie, it's like classical music critics reviewing a techno album. There's absolutely no way it would get good ratings. "Equilibrium" is fantastic and it was PANNED by critics.