DAMON WAYANS

fuse=--action

Damon Wayans is trying to trademark the word Nigga "for a clothing line and retail store," according to Wired via Scott Thill.

Despite his fame as the creator of In Living Color and the star of a number of films, including Spike Lee's Bamboozled, Wayans is running into some problems. Which can't be all that surprising given the volatility surrounding this word in all its variations.

Trademark examiner Kelly Boulton rejected the registration dated Dec. 22, citing a law that prohibits marks that are "immoral or scandalous."

And that was the second time.

In an interview in the documentary Tupac: Resurrection, Tupac Shakur explains, "Niggers was the ones on the rope, hanging off the thing; Niggas is the ones with gold ropes, hanging out at clubs."

Thill writes:

"While this may shock those well-meaning whites that have spent about as much time around black people as they have listening to Ol' Dirty Bastard [a nice ODB piece for novices here], it's not much of a surprise to a black community that has been mining the explosive word for all it's worth."

"Nigger" of course is the de facto derogatory term employed by racist pricks while "Nigga" is the entertainment-approved derivation used by everyone else on earth, white, black or otherwise, to describe anyone appropriating black culture for their own needs. I once had a white thug from Oakland call me his "nigga" on the pickup hoops court in Berkeley to the total approval of his homies, all of whom were black. So yes, it's transferable. But enough to trademark? We'll see.

Keon Rhodan, who's already selling un-trademarked shirts from his car shares this anecdote: "I was in the mall with one of the shirts on, and an old lady said, 'Where did you get that shirt from?'... She followed me to the car and bought five shirts for her grandchildren." (Morphizm)

Make sure to put the emphasis on the A.

Inconsequential.

That's what I'd like to trademark.

-fuse.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

How did this spend 5 minutes without somone replying?

I once saw some huge fat white goth kid with "JESUS IS A CUNT" in big bold white letters on the back of his shirt.

Niggas need to calm down about dumb shit. They need to worry about taking down the niggas instead of the pronounciation and production of the word nigga.

I prefer a black dude over a nigga any day.

Originally posted by I.C.Shadow@Feb 28 2006, 09:12 AM

Niggah.

NiggAAHHHH.

Can you lend a nigga a pencil?

Can you lend a nigga some change?

I emphasize the AH!

:haha: :haha:

...that teacher was comedy....i thought of the same thing when reading this...but the article is wrong.......keenan ivory wayans invented in living color...not damon wayans....damon was just part of the cast....with shawn, marlon, and all the other 400 wayans....

IM MAD NIGGAS REALLY QUOTED TUPAC AS A CREDIBLE SOURCE FOR THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD "NIGGA" YO IM GONNA BE COMPLETELY HONEST, I DONT LIKE PAC. THAT NIGGA WAS A SOSO RAPPER AND BECAUSE HE WROTE POETRY AND RAPPED ABOUT BEING OPRESSED IN ABOUT 12% OF HIS JOINTS, NIGGAS THINK HE'S SOME KIND OF SAINT. BIG WAS 50 TIMES BETTER. I CANT HEAR TOO MUCH OF THAT NIGGAS "MY ENEMIIIEEEESSSSSSS WANNA MURDA MEEEEEE SO IM SIPPIN HENNESSYYYYYYYY NIGGA REMEMBER MEEEEEEE" FUCK OUTTA HERE. YO DAMON WAYANS IS TRYNA GET PRESS COVERAGE CUZ HIS CAREER IS GOING DOWNHILL. GOOD SHIT PLAYBOY GET MONEY, FUCK BITCHES.

Originally posted by MEROJUANA@Feb 28 2006, 06:18 PM

IM MAD NIGGAS REALLY QUOTED TUPAC AS A CREDIBLE SOURCE FOR THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD "NIGGA" YO IM GONNA BE COMPLETELY HONEST, I DONT LIKE PAC. THAT NIGGA WAS A SOSO RAPPER AND BECAUSE HE WROTE POETRY AND RAPPED ABOUT BEING OPRESSED IN ABOUT 12% OF HIS JOINTS, NIGGAS THINK HE'S SOME KIND OF SAINT. BIG WAS 50 TIMES BETTER. I CANT HEAR TOO MUCH OF THAT NIGGAS "MY ENEMIIIEEEESSSSSSS WANNA MURDA MEEEEEE SO IM SIPPIN HENNESSYYYYYYYY NIGGA REMEMBER MEEEEEEE" FUCK OUTTA HERE. YO DAMON WAYANS IS TRYNA GET PRESS COVERAGE CUZ HIS CAREER IS GOING DOWNHILL. GOOD SHIT PLAYBOY GET MONEY, FUCK BITCHES.

Agreed,......NIGGAH is overrated....

Originally posted by dumy+Feb 28 2006, 05:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dumy - Feb 28 2006, 05:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CACashRefund@Feb 28 2006, 04:49 PM

wheres dumy at this isnt much fun without him

dude, I've had such a crappy day..

[/b]

the man keeping you down more than usual?