Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mainter

<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

1396393065.png

are these decent speeds?

Do any of you guys know of a faster provider.

I wanted to go the Verizon but its not available in Chicago

Maybe a smaller faster company?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the speeds you are showing, are average , but very slow for Chicago, I would try your local cable company for better speeds and better uptime

and I would hope you are not paying more than $30.00 a month for speeds like that

ok well you should be getting 10.0 Mbps down - and 1.5 upstream for a about $45-$59 depending on the city.

I know comcast is in Chicago which really sucks ( they have bandwidth limits and shit ( another subject but anyway. If you never had them before you should try them

but here is a big secret. Call a bunch of times and keep getting price quotes and as soon as you get a person say you can get locked into a promo deal for $19.99 a month for the first 6 months - sometimes they say a year snag it- after the 6th month they will jump to $47.99.

you are locked in for I believe 2 years. ( but don't quote me on that )

it may take 10 to 15 calls to get an operator to tell you about the $19.99 promo ( its a slip up that new operators make )

• Like 1

Question.

When viewing the oontz sometimes something tries to redirect me to ( http://xpmyfdfxxp.com/index2.php?06abQDYyQRKXBTny+nszi8D+KmtuYXdrel1ec3SpU1gBMMJ4EnuD ) my Symantec protection stops it and says Fake App Attack, Fake AV download request?.... something it doesnt like was trying something and it goes to the 'cannot display page'

I was guessing it could be some spyware or something but It only happens when viewing 12oz and i think really just Ch. O

suggestions? is this in the site or on my computer? happens at both of my work computers which are located at 2 very different locations.

got a linux question. I bought a new HP notebook. Wireless is something of a problem i've come to realize between notebooks and Linux. I downloaded an Intel driver from the HP site and it is apparantly an acceptable wireless driver for a linux OS. If i load ubuntu and I physically connect to my router and go to the HP site for drivers and software.... will i be able to load that driver and connect to the internet. Unless i'm mistaken .exe dont mean shit in Linux.

Whats the best method for running this system on my notebook? I sort of want to dual boot between windows and linux. Anybody have any advice?

I had a cracked version of daemon tools installed but it seems that either the crack didn't work or I didn't do something right. Either way, What do I need to delete, registry entry I am guessing, to at least be able to run the trial version one more time?

I have 3GB of Ram(2.75 usable) on my Toshiba Satellite L505D

I was wondering If I could upgrade to 8GB of RAM would be a viable upgrade

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820139481

Is it worth it?

Would it be able to be placed into my Laptop?

What is the full model number? ( because the L505D series only takes DDR2 PC2-6400 DDR2-800 and the RAM you posted would not compatible.

But yes you will see a very smooth computer after you install 8GB ( still not sure if your model is compatible of 8GB I think 4GB is the Max again find out the full model number

or run this program it will tell you everything you need

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

What is the full model number? ( because the L505D series only takes DDR2 PC2-6400 DDR2-800 and the RAM you posted would not compatible.

But yes you will see a very smooth computer after you install 8GB ( still not sure if your model is compatible of 8GB I think 4GB is the Max again find out the full model number

or run this program it will tell you everything you need

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

L505D-S598

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/viewscanbyid.aspx?id=4C3AB92131D926C3

Alot mroe expensive than I originally thought...

finals week (last week) i was running the fuck outta my computer for example id be running

avid, after effects, photoshop, and premiere almost always all at once. eventually rendering was non existant so i had to shut it down and work off the schools computers.

since then certain programs like premiere wont open and my computer is using at least 42% of ram with nothing open, i tried a couple ram optimizers but one wouldnt open and the other didnt do shit.

does anybody have any ideas whats up or any leads for a fix?

windows 7 64bt

thanks

-pb

** I will be more than happy to provide more info if requested.

No. Not fucked at all actually. Its gonna be alot easier to just format the fucking thing than trying to troubleshoot the memory leak or whatever bullshit is causing the problem. Windows 7 is super easy to reinstall it even (usually) gets all the drivers for you. 2 hours backing up and reinstalling is way better than days/weeks/months of troubleshooting and frustration. If you had Windows XP I wouldnt be so quick to reinstall cause it can be a pain in the ass gettin drivers and shit.

• Like 1

I want to set up a file server. Hide it behind this Juniper netscreen I picked up and VPN home from my laptop. Keep documents, presentations, files and other media on there. I realize that I need a static IP. Called my ISP to see if I could pick one up for cheap ($5 or $10 a month) and add it to my current service package. I was informed that I need a separate commercial hookup that costs $70 per month which would be in addition to the $100 or thereabouts i already pay for phone/TV/Interwebs. Its a bill/contract I'm not sure i want to commit to.

Right now i have a dynamic IP. Anyone know of a workaround? I was going to call em back to see if maybe they could just dedicate my IP to me. I would pay extra for that but 70 a month isn't whats up. I mean... All they would have to do is enter a few commands right? Whats the big deal? Im not trying to act like a biz. Just want to be able to get to my stuff at home. There are some advantages in that.