<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

Different wording a little, maybe less confusing?

WARNING I DO NOT know the extent at which this works ( "How many tones that can be added""How long the ringtones can be"FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!! I AM NOT/WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CASUED TO YOUR PANTECH DUO BY PERFORMING THIS PROCESS!! Doing this involves tinkering with the phones defaults if you change something that you are not supposed to the phone may not work causing the phones warranty to be void (Solution:If your not sure what your doing DONT DO IT). Before you start make sure all ringtones you desire to be used as alerts for text messages, voicemail, etc. are in the "\My Documents\My Ringtones\" folder. This is very important as you will see. Also make sure all ringtones are short enough (15 seconds MAX) that they will be recognized as useable tones*

1. Download the Mobile Registry Editor (Don't worry it's Free) Breaksoft . com >Blog> Utlities (sorry forum wound not allow a direct link)

2. Connect your Pantech Duo to your Desktop/Laptop and run the registry editor

3. Once your device and has been connected to the Editor open "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" (should be the second file folder down)

4. Open "Control Panel" (this should also be the second file folder down)

5. Click (and only click) "Sounds" (Should be the 15th file folder down *make sure its just "Sounds" and not "SoundCatergories"*)

6. Double Click "All Sounds"

7. In the pop up menu box scroll down to the end of the list of assorted factory tones

8. Put your cursor at the end of the last line and press enter to creat a new line to type in

9. Type in " \My Documents\My Ringtones\ " immediately by the exact name of the file you wish to enter ( EXAMPLE: \My Documents\My Ringtones\342.wow.mp3) MAKE SURE YOU ADD THE FILE TYPE (.wma,.mp3, etc.)

10. Click "OK" when you are finsihed adding your ringtones

11. On your Pantech Duo from the home menu Click Start>Settings>Sounds>Text Message then scroll through the tone options to reveal that tones you added are options and and can be play automatically!!

Reply and tell me if it worked, if it didn't, or if the directions are unclear P.S. have someone text you to double check if it works

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Haha I beat you seffiks with the initial reply :tongue:

No doubt Shai, it's all good though. It is pretty rewarding being able to pretty easily fix people's shit that they couldn't even comprehend how to do I wouldn't mind doing this shit for a while until I get up on that specialization tip.

I didn't drop it

but I'm not sure if someone else did

can I fix it my self or should I go to a shop?

Oh and that makes 2,000 posts

if it's one of those faster speed drives, it may just make a noise. does it read the discs ok?

if not, go ahead and splurge on a new drive.

when I try to put a cd in I tunes

it doesn't read it

the songs will go on itunes

but it says unknown artist n unknown album

I'm still paying on this damn thing.

any idea how much it might cost?

not much. i bet you can find a nice external drive at wal mart for under $90

http://www.newegg.com/store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=420&Tpk=external+dvd+drive

there are some external dvd drives for under $60

Yo guys this is the story of my fucking life.

This damn A+ test had confusing ass questions on the Essentials exam.

I failed it by PASSING SCORE=675 CANDIDATE SCORE=620

BUT the second fucking test, which didn't confuse me but was supposedly harder I passed

PASSING SCORE=700

CANDIDATE SCORE=765

how the fuck do you fail the essentials but pass the designation? ASSHOLES USING CONFUSING WORDING, THATS HOW

looks like i need to waste another 150 dollars to go and do it again now

Yo guys this is the story of my fucking life.

This damn A+ test had confusing ass questions on the Essentials exam.

I failed it by PASSING SCORE=675 CANDIDATE SCORE=620

BUT the second fucking test, which didn't confuse me but was supposedly harder I passed

PASSING SCORE=700

CANDIDATE SCORE=765

how the fuck do you fail the essentials but pass the designation? ASSHOLES USING CONFUSING WORDING, THATS HOW

looks like i need to waste another 150 dollars to go and do it again now

that's cool, man. the second time is a charm and you will be prepared for the dumb wording this time.

(they do that on all the cert tests)

Gucci, what kind of questions did they ask you? ie did they ask you about the voltages, bus speeds of pentium2 motherboards and shit like that.

Also how much did you pay to take it? Do they give you a second chance for free or something? I need to get this shit.

I got the new laptop.....

8648118_sa.jpg

Compaq Presario F756NR

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8648118&type=product&id=1195598868093

So, it's got Vista on it. I can deal with that- for now. However, I would like to put XP on it, but I can't seem to find a straight answer as to whether there's XP-compatible drivers available for it.

I hear the issues are with the SATA, wifi and Nvidia drivers. Anyone have ideas?

Besides all that, it's a nice laptop. I'd recommend it.

casek- do you have any leads on XP compatible drivers for this laptop?

Yeah Qawee they ask a lot of shit about like "Larry wants to set up a system with _______ motherboard, what CPU would work with that motherboard?"

Answers: A: CPU 1

B: CPU 2

C: CPU 3

D: CPU 4

These questions vary with everything, much more so on the second test too. A lot of shit about laptops and biometric security and BIOS and networking and authentication/user privelages, all sorts of ish.