<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

make sure that yer wireless router setup to issue more than one IP address to either wired or wireless computer (this is normally done by setting in to your router setup (navigating browser to your router' IP address) look for the DHCP or IP Range section on the setup page. do not set a range to wide, meaning that if you have three computers, set the range to a maximum of 3 IPs this way you will ensure that that your network is secure. plus make sure that you set an encryption key WAP for security so you do not get an overload and the neighbors arnt stealing yer wireless

i wanted to come on here to ask a question before i set aside time to look shit up but basicly this...

i have an "aquired" mac book pro with a replaced battery because the one that came with it was part of that recall( just added info). anyhow. lately its been randomly shutting down. i realized this is only occuring when either my machine is unplugged OR the power cord magnet gets pulled out while im using it. battery is at either 100% or 99% when ever i unplug to use my machine away from my desk. i have herd of this issue before and i cant take it to mac store so i wanted to hear any advice or oppinion.

thanks....

yeah maybe ill just get another battery. the first one that was within the warenty they replaced for free and its only 4 or so months old so im assuming its not that. i just wish i could take it to genious bar or knew a tech nerd...

yeah, or wait for seffiks to get back online. he may know more about it than i do.

i really need a hackintosh so i can learn more about the support side of it.

i may be losing money...no, wait, i'm drunk. i am losing money.

could be an internal software issue,(but since it only happens when it is unplugged) i would say that it has something to do with the connection between the battery and the internal components..somewhere along the line maybe something simple as one of the pins not contacting the battery right. I doubt it has anything to do with the ability for the battery to hold charge

and to ex the PM you sent

you think you could hook it up with a bangbus login name and pw?

thanks if you can

sorry for calling you out like that but................

NO!!!! We do not help out in peoples masturbating needs!!

thats way off limits in many ways

have a good day