<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: «<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support >>>

Wow, it doesn't look good. He dropped that drive while it was in a USB case about three feet.

I doubt he wants to buy another drive to try a solution with 50/50 odds.

I'm still thinking about this. I'm not done yet.

if you feel like it, just open up the drive (clean your hands with alcohol)

and check that arm out.

Not right now...like I said, the urgency has lessened somewhat.

I will try that, but I don't know what a good arm looks like compared to a bad one.

Plus, I imagine I have to do it with a Mac handy...in case it works. I'm not going to wreck my comp for this, I decided.

"DON'T MAKE ME MAD...I'LL STICK THIS THREE FOOT LONG FINGER WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE."

"HEY, LOOK! IT'S ELVIS....HAHA, IT'S JUST ANOTHER GIANT ROBOT. YOU HUMANS ARE SO GULLIBLE."

Same thing, need a exact replacement. And, it occured to me that we need to have this drive and the new receptacle drive plugged in to the same computer. Everything is Mac, so I'm gonna let him read these and decide if it's worth the risk.

Thanks, though, and I'll definitely keep you posted.

yeah, do that. mainter may be able to guide you in the right direction, too.

he must be busy with something atm.

i rally have no idea about hackintosh.

except for getting into a certains persons computer. revenge is fun.

Neither do I. Well, I used to be completely ignorant beyond how to use them, but now I'm just ignorant. I did a little work on my friend's G4, and you know, it's not that different for the most part.

I used to hate the hardware and like the OS, but now it's the other way around. Funny.

Neither do I. Well, I used to be completely ignorant beyond how to use them, but now I'm just ignorant. I did a little work on my friend's G4, and you know, it's not that different for the most part.

I used to hate the hardware and like the OS, but now it's the other way around. Funny.

same here. i refuse to do work on macs, though. it's mostly pc's that you see

needing repairs. that's good.

but hackintosh is mostly like linux. very easy if you're into hacking via command prompt and telnet type ish.

port scans. yay.

Once I looked inside his G3, I was surprised to see that the design on the inside was not overlooked. If you're a geek, you notice things like that...it was very elegant and economical, everything was placed where you could have easy access. The idea of attaching the MB to the hatch was a really good touch.

They don't use cheap shit to build them...everything I saw in there looked well-built...plus, the SCSI master drive is pretty smart, that way the access speeds are higher. They also seem to do more with CPUS with lower clock speeds, which keeps the power consumption down, I would think.

Also, the fact that they used DRAM up until the G4 was another point in their favor. It's cheaper, and if it goes bad it's not a huge loss.

Now if they could do something about that stupid desktop in OSX, I'd really be impressed.

tweaking my computer. waiting until daylight to crank up a jigsaw to cut some plexiglass

for the side of my computer. gotta drill out some holes and whatnot for a fan and the screws.

just wasting time and tweaking ym computer atm. also getting drivers updated.

later on i've got a website to work on. then i need some smoke. after that i think i might go put out some more fliers for my computer repair/servicing biz. i need some more money.

what about you?

Working on a zine. Drinking water. Wanting cigarettes, but can't afford them right now.

Also, thinking about a girl I like that just got back into town. She's been on tour with her band since May and her van flipped over in Texas last week...all they had to do was change a tire, and they were rolling again. Thank God she's okay...I've had a bunch of friends die recently. I think if anything had happened to her,it would have finally set me off, though.

The computer is fine, so I decided to leave well enough alone. For now.

California is kind of boring, don't believe the hype.

ahh, damn. girls are awesome. good thing she's ok. damaged or brain dead vagina is not the same. unless plastic surgery can big a bigger and better vagina. which i fully support.

seriously, wrecks suck. i used to be afraid of cars for awhile because of a wreck i had.

still working on the zine, huh? dude, send me a copy when you get done. i'll send you green paper with a president on it to cover expenses.

Yeah, she's great. I mentioned her before...it's funny, we had a mutual crush from he day we met but were involoved with other people for the past year, and had no idea because, hey...I'm a stand-up guy, and she's on the level. Good things to know.....Anyway, I ended up at a show she was playing at, and we started talking about our recent breakups...then, it finally dawned on us that whatever applied before was now a moot point, and...I'll leave the details out, except that this all happened right before she was going on tour. I don't really know what's going to happen, but she wants to hang out soon...whatever that means. I think I know what it means, or at least I hope I know what that means...it's hard to say, when she left she said she wanted to pick things up where they left off when she got home, and i told her that was what I wanted as well. I've been let down in this situation before, though...people change.

As far as this zine is concerned, It's gonna be a fucking novel before I get around to putting it out. I'm aiming for the end of the summer, though. I'm doing it all on my own, and compiling years of art and writing while I do it. One of my summer projects gone haywire, you could say.

You can have one for all the help you've given me, it's no big thing...I might do something like give people the option of PDF files, but if I do that I'll probably tarball or gzip them and upload it on Mooload.

There aren't going to be many hard copies, as that shit costs bank and I just can't afford it. the ones that do get done, however, will be really nice- at least as nice as I can make them. It's up in the air, for now.

We'll figure it out. I'm about to call it a night, I guess...before I go, I was going to ask you about updating my BIOS, but I can't remember exactly what BIOS I have...I think it's Phoenix 4.2, I have to shut down then I'll write it down.

Take care, good luck with that.

just your mobo name and type is all that's required.

you need a floppy handy, as i know of no linux

flashing utils. only for winblows. soryy, my friend.

the floppy will do, though.

i'll see you on here tonight i'm sure. we'll discuss the finer points of bios flashing

and girls with hairy butt cracks.

peace.

Just woke up and refreshed the screen...if something good happens, casek, I won't be on here tomorrow. Maybe I can parlay that into a couple days away from here (meaning the temporal here, but here as well, I suppose), so here's hoping. If I am here, I'll catch up with you then. Hopefully not...well...we'll see.

Don't have a floppy. It died. It's not a huge deal, but if I get a drive I will let you know.

Where is Mainter? Did he get bummed out on us again? I could get in touch with him, I guess...nahhhh, he'll be back.

yo what up im back from my little vacation

looks like you did a great job covering double duty casek

i am still recovering so i will be back tonight :dozey:

just wanted to pop in and say i did not leave