<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: «<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support >>>

The digerati are the elite of the computer industry and online communities. The word is a portmanteau, derived from "digital" and "literati," and reminiscent of the earlier coinage glitterati ([1], glitter + literati). Famous computer scientists, tech magazine writers and well-known bloggers are included among the digerati.

The word is used in several related but different ways. It can mean:

* Opinion leaders who, through their writings, promoted a vision of digital technology and the Internet as a transformational element in society;

* People regarded as celebrities within the Silicon Valley computer subculture, particularly during the dot-com boom years;

* Anyone regarded as influential within the digital technology community.

The first mention of the word Digerati on USENET occurred in 1992, and referred to an article by George Gilder in Upside magazine. Some sources say that the term was coined by New York Times editor Tim Race. In Race's words:

Actually the first use of "digerati" was in a Jan. 29, 1992 New York Times article, "Pools of Memory, Waves of Dispute," by John Markoff, into which I edited the term. The article was about a controversy engendered by a George Gilder article that had recently appeared in Upside magazine. In a March 1, 1992 "On Language" column in The New York Times Magazine, William Safire noted the coinage and gave me the honor of defining it, which we did like so:

Digerati, n.pl. -- people highly skilled in the processing and manipulation of digital information; wealthy or scholarly techno-geeks.

so the question to you is do i fit this word?

i have been known by this name sense 1998

and i think i really have grown into it quite well

What I REALLY want to know is how Mainter's spelling and punctuation can go from hero to zero in nothing flat.

Just kidding...what's shaking? How are those Cisco servers treating you?

my grammer changes rapidly because sometimes i use openoffice to check grammer and punctuations then i got my drunk typing when i become smarter then i got my trashed drunk typing then i have my tired typing oh and pissed off mood also my smartass comment mood, and my bored (which when i am bored like i am now i ramble over stupid shit)

the post before this was a copy paste job from wiki

holy shit the chicks on the fanta commercial are hott

Mainter- who?

Casek- who?

Answer Man- WHOOOOOOOO!!!!

My comp hasn't crashed in three days...before you give me a hard time, I'm using a beta installation...rugged.

I just needed to get the partitioning right, and so far, no more headaches.

It freezes when I use Amarok sometimes, but that's also a beta version.

And, Mainter- is there anyway to strip down OOO without fucking it up? I stripped it down to 130 MB, but EVERYTHING in KDE depends on it. I don't need it, but KDE does.

jebus

http://alphabravo.org/daemon/daemon403-x86.exe

download daemon tools. install. when the red daemon tools icon appears in your

menu bar, right click on it, go to the top, load an image (the alien vs predator image)

booyah. it's an iso image, basically.

you can either use daemon to emulate or burn with nero burning.

daemon is just easier to load up an image in case you watch it and don't want to burn it to disc

much appreciated' date=' lord.[/quote']

no problem. just ask if you need help.

someone is most likely going to answer you within an hour or two.

mainter: what we need is an organizing system.

our own section would be nice so we could create

thread after thread addressing different issues.

writers need computer support. i don't even want moderator status.

just maybe our own moderator on call to help keep things

straight.

oh i see have you ever got one of them bulletins saying add this code to your profile to track users or see a joke something like that well that is where the bulletin gen.comes in when you add that code it will keep posting bulletins automatically