Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mainter

<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

So maybe someone here can help me maybe not. I'm trying to boot my ppc g5 off a usb which isn't supported and install 10.5 on my system. When booting my computer refuses to detect the USB drive. I've looked into it and from what I can gather usb booting isn't supported on my model. Anyone know how I can do this?

EDIT: also thanks for that sony link but they claim to have no knowledge of my dvd burner.

If it doesn't support booting an OS from a USB, then attempt to burn the .dmg onto a disc and install 10.5 from there.

**This may or may not work, since you said that it doesn't support USB booting. Try it anyways**

Make sure that the USB drive is formatted to what a OSX hard drive would be normally formatted to, Mac OS X Extended (Journaled), in order for it to be bootable and recognized as a bootable drive by your G5.

• Like 1

looks like this thread got buried a long time ago, anyone get the cryptolocker ransomware yet?

anybody running Linux on a Chromebook? need feedback. I got it up and running but cant get a program called Mixxx to work with my midi device.

you can try deepin linux. you dont need a lot of computer knowledge to install programs. you cant get viruses, and it's free. it also uses less resources than windows.

you can try deepin linux. you dont need a lot of computer knowledge to install programs. you cant get viruses, and it's free. it also uses less resources than windows.

LOL, that advice literally came 4 years after the fact, but appreciate your spirit of helping out. How good are you at website stuff?

On 6/13/2018 at 2:44 AM, dady said:

you cant get viruses

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

• LOL! 2

Got a build in the works, basically all parts from friends that had them laying around. cobbling together some sort of gaming rig. Then I can play games w yall/

Updates coming this weekend 

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now