<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: «<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support >>>

This guy is so fucking good

these have been posted everywhere on the fourm so just add this thread to the list

Incredile chalk drawings from Julian Beever. Julian Beever is an English artist who’s famous for his art on the pavement of England, France, Germany, USA, Australia and Belgium . Beever gives to his drawings an amazing 3D illusion.

chalkdrawing1.jpg

chalkdrawing2.jpg

chalkdrawing3.jpg

chalkdrawing4.jpg

chalkdrawing5.jpg

chalkdrawing6.jpg

chalkdrawing7.jpg

chalkdrawing8.jpg

chalkdrawing9.jpg

chalkdrawing10.jpg

chalkdrawing11.jpg

chalkdrawing12.jpg

chalkdrawing13.jpg

chalkdrawing14.jpg

chalkdrawing15.jpg

chalkdrawing16.jpg

chalkdrawing17.jpg

chalkdrawing18.jpg

chalkdrawing19.jpg

chalkdrawing20.jpg

This will plug that Firefox memory leak good

Posted by Derek 1 week ago | 4 Comments

Guaranteed. Or at least I had 100% success with improving Firefox’s memory consumption. Essentially, the following fix moves Firefox from your physical memory usage to you hardrive after minimizing.

1. Open Firefox and go to the Address Bar. Type in about:config and then press Enter.

2. Right Click in the page and select New -> Boolean.

3. In the box that pops up enter config.trim_on_minimize. Press Enter.

4. Now select True and then press Enter.

5. Restart Firefox.

After following the above steps and restarting Firefox, I noticed significant drops in memory usage after minimizing the browser window. With 15 seperate tabs open consuming roughly 145MB, I noticed an immediate drop down to 52MB after minimizing the window to the taskbar. Definitely worth enabling on your browser if you suffer from sluggish performance after continual surfing. Original article can be found on Cybernetnews.

Link to Page

This will plug that Firefox memory leak good

Posted by Derek 1 week ago | 4 Comments

Guaranteed. Or at least I had 100% success with improving Firefox’s memory consumption. Essentially, the following fix moves Firefox from your physical memory usage to you hardrive after minimizing.

1. Open Firefox and go to the Address Bar. Type in about:config and then press Enter.

2. Right Click in the page and select New -> Boolean.

3. In the box that pops up enter config.trim_on_minimize. Press Enter.

4. Now select True and then press Enter.

5. Restart Firefox.

After following the above steps and restarting Firefox, I noticed significant drops in memory usage after minimizing the browser window. With 15 seperate tabs open consuming roughly 145MB, I noticed an immediate drop down to 52MB after minimizing the window to the taskbar. Definitely worth enabling on your browser if you suffer from sluggish performance after continual surfing. Original article can be found on Cybernetnews.

Link to Page

no the firefox meory leak is ment to be there do not plug it

There have been large number of reports and reviews saying that the memory leaks in the Firefox browser is a huge problem.

But what people think is a memory leak in the new Firefox 1.5 is not a memory leak but a feature.

Yes, this may suprise you. But according to the news from them they say it helps to improve the performance when viewing back. That is revisiting a page that you visited earlier. Studies also show that 39% of all the views are re-views to the page viewed earlier. Firefox implements a Back-forward cache which helps keep the page/document for the some time after session history entries.

This turns out to be a lot of data, but clearly a trade-off. You let the browser use more resources and you can surf the web much faster.

Based on what the San Fransisco Chronicle says we will soon be looking at Quad Core chips from the Giants of chip manufacturers, Intel and AMD.

The new iMacs which have been rolled out few months ago have dual-core chips in them.

This has sparked real competition to AMD, and their corporate vice-chairman Randy Allen says than his company will be launching Quad-core processors as soon as early 2007.

Intel chief Justin Rattner showed the working of their new server with their new microprocessors. He maintained that these will be faster than the old Intel Xeon chips and will also use less power.

why is every posted photo on 12oz a link? is that just happening for me? how do i fix it.

its prolly not just you you have to go into controls then edit options go down the list you will see THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS

Visible Post Elements You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts. Show Signatures

Show Avatars

Show Images (including attached images and images in code)

check them all

settings got reset when 12oz redid themselves

If you plan to buy a new computer in the coming months, the immediate question in your mind is - Should I purchase a powerful PC with Windows XP and later upgrade to Windows Vista or postpone my purchase and wait until January 2007 when Vista hits the retail market shelves ?

Buying a computer that is pre-loaded with Windows Vista would make things much simpler. But even though Microsoft has promised that Vista would be available in early 2007, most of us are already aware that Microsoft routinely misses promised release dates.

Therefore, my advice is don't wait for Vista. Go ahead and buy a new PC with Windows XP.

Vista would require a fairly high end system to run smoothly. Since you may want to upgrade XP to Windows Vista OS later, make sure that your new computer already meets the Windows Vista Hardware requirements like have lots of RAM, install a separate graphics card with atleast 256MB of RAM, get the latest Pentium Processor (better, get x64-compatible chips) and a really huge high-rpm hard-disk drive.

Luckily, all the hardware components that are required to get the best performance and visual effects from Windows Vista are already available in the market.

ATI's Mobility Radeon chipset is good enough to display the Windows Vista Aero 3D-desktop. Even the NVIDIA GeForce GPU series have been declared as "Windows Vista Ready"

The entire x64 processors from Intel and AMD will be excellent processors for Windows Vista. The latest Intel Core Duo processor for Laptops is perfect for Vista. For desktops, the Intel 945G Express Chipset is Microsoft Windows Vista ready already.

If you choose a system today that has integrated graphics, look at the specific chipsets that are targeted to support WDDM, such as Intel's 945G express chipset or ATI's RS400 or RS480 family chipsets. You may also want to consider dual channel UMA solutions and 1 GB of system memory.

no the firefox meory leak is ment to be there do not plug it

Yea I had heard about that in the past, but I decided to try this out. Firefox loads a lot quicker. It used to take 10 - 15 seconds to load, but now it loads within 5 seconds.