<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

ok, well...i'm done. Avast! killed some shit and i run spysweeper(cheers mainter)-adawarepro-search&destroy on safe mode and now i love my computer again. Mozilla is crazy fast again.dope

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Mainter Digerati@Feb 27 2006, 07:24 PM

now make me a computer forum

well get raven to make one

I think a thread is enough and very much appreciated, keep it up

Originally posted by lord_casek@Feb 28 2006, 12:57 AM

yeah, i was just there earlier, (piratebay)

but it seems to lag a little.

here's why i say all this:

last night i was downloading some

boondocks episodes from seedler

at 250kbps. pretty fast. i had a

show in about 9 minutes.

yeah bittorrent technology becoming like any other p2p program to many leechers and not enough seeders, seeders do not want to seed because it just eats up memory how does it make any sense when you got 500 leechers and only 1 seeder

PC Support

Get all your Windows, Hardware, Networking, and software support questions answered here

PC Tips and Tricks, Modding

Linux/Unix Support

Get all your Linux/Unix questions answered here

Linux/Unix Tips and Tricks

Mac Support

Get all your mac questions answered here

Mac Tips and Tricks

Electronics

Get all your questions on MP3 players, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, TV's, etc. answered here

Questions, oh so many, so few answers

1.Windows Anti-Piracy what do you think?

2.Windows Vista the redefinition of GUI's?

3.PodCasts are they worth the energy?

4.DSL upload speeds threaten the future of a mulitmedia internet

5.The next war, megapixel camera wars in phones

6.Apple iTunes Japan 1million tracks in 4 days sold

7.Goverment funds voip tracking

8.GTA San Andreas hot coffee VS Sims2 hot coffee

9.Content on demand systems, are they less hastle than a DVD/CD?

10.Spam king a millionair, wtf?

11.Space, is it worth it and should the shuttle be scapped?

12.The security threat of Spyware, id theft hits 50 banks world wide

13.Creatives new X-FI soundcard a revolution in HI-FI?

14.DELL xps with SLI graphics card setup

15.AOL's problems, and buyouts

16.Corporate Mozilla

17.No ps3 till 2007???

18.Apples 4 button'd mouse

19.IE 7's W3C acid test failure.

20.OLED keyboard

there here are my questions time to see if 12oz'ers have any knowledge

pick a question from the list and make a conversation about it

Originally posted by lord_casek@Feb 28 2006, 01:11 AM

answer my btjunkie question.

i take it you've used it.

oh, yeah...anyone want to listen to

a good podcast for n00bs?

http://www.twit.tv

i don't know what i think of leo laporte, but he knows

his shit.

hell yeah leo is super good always very helpful i think i posted one of his links onthe first page

Will Microsoft do the unthinkable and field an all-in-one consumer/business ultra-portable, designed to take on Apple, Palm and maybe RIM, too?

Would you buy an OrPod?

Microsoft has registered a Web site for something called "The Origami Project. From the rather cryptic video clip there, you can't tell much about what Origami is or what it will do. Guesses about Origami's origins have been all over the map.

But what we're hearing now is that Origami might be little more than a new code name for an ultra-portable device that Microsoft demonstrated last year at its Windows Hardware Engineering Conference. (Since Microsoft is continually changing code names to keep company watchers guessing, such a move would not be unprecedented.)

The original "Haiku" device was described as an ultra-portable mini-Tablet when the first prototypes made their public debut. The systems, as described Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates, would weigh about a pound, feature a battery that could hold a charge for a full day, and integrate a camera, a phone and a music device in a single form factor.

But we're betting Microsoft won't classify Origami devices as MP/3 players. No "mere" iPod killers, these. Instead, we're wagering Microsoft will convince its chums in the market-research business to create a whole new category of all-in-one mobile communicators (better than Sidekicks; more comprehensive than Treos; able to leap even BlackBerries in a single bound!) which Microsoft's units will dominate from the outset.

News source: Microsoft-Watch.com

Google have launched Google Page Creator, a free website creation tool.

Perhaps best described as Geocities for the 21st century, Page Creator takes the Google AJAX magic and applies it to website design. The process is simple, albeit, at this time, a little buggy.

In a fashion remarkably similar to Powerpoint, users can pick from a number of themes (or change them on the go) and text layouts. It makes use of a rather clever What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor, so users don't have to face the prospect of editing HTML (but the option exists). Best of all, in true ground breaking fashion, Google lets you have 100MB of space for free, and it doesn't even put ads on your homepage.

It's all very easy; of course, that's the idea. Google have identified an area of the web which has garnered little interest in the last few years. "Free" providers traditionally have provided a lack lustre offering designed to try and persuade people to go up to pay-for options. No longer. Google Pages sees the company delve into a natural but new field, and will no doubt be popular.

Google Page Creator Screenshot

signup