<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I got this 2gb IRiver mp3 player that I use for buzzing around when I run or ride my bike. It worked perfectly for like a year and all of a sudden it starts the playlist from the beginning whenever I turn it off and back on again. It used to start on the song I last played. Anybody know how to remedy this? It's driving me nuts rifling through all these songs just to hear a new one when I turn it on. I've looked at all the settings and the troubleshooting is no help.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

whats up duders.

im in the process of buying a raid system however i can not decide/do not know what level is good for what i need.

im inclined to do a raid 1+0 <raid 10>

i have about 90k fotos and 100+hours of HD footage which i need to work with as well as provide redundancy.

this data is very important and i need something as fail-proof as possible while providing optimal performance.

what raid solution/level would you recommend? what manufacturer? i have approx 5k to spend on a complete system.

id like to get this done either today or tomorrow.

props will be issued.

whats up duders.

im in the process of buying a raid system however i can not decide/do not know what level is good for what i need.

im inclined to do a raid 1+0 <raid 10>

i have about 90k fotos and 100+hours of HD footage which i need to work with as well as provide redundancy.

this data is very important and i need something as fail-proof as possible while providing optimal performance.

what raid solution/level would you recommend? what manufacturer? i have approx 5k to spend on a complete system.

id like to get this done either today or tomorrow.

props will be issued.

RAID 10, not sure which manufacturer to recommend. Check newegg.com

Guest Ginger Bread Man

so i ordered the drobo elite with 8 1tb hds and optional rack mount.

my only grip is that i couldn't find what speeds this shit works at.

everything talks about a 50% performance increase but based on what benchmark?

anyone?

Got a friends laptop here, some Dell 3GB Ram Intel Core2 Duo CPU T6500@2.1GHz that won't connect to the internet after Windows Vista has been wiped clean. I think it is just missing drivers, as I plugged it into my router with a cable however it isn't recognising as being connected to a network. How can I get it to connect to the internet so that I can upgrade its drivers and see its true Windows experience Index (as it is currently at 1 due to not recognising the graphics card) rating?

It is running some Windows Vista Black Edition 2009 by Benjamin, and I have no idea what he has done to it but it is confusing the hell out of me, to try to fix it.

I got this 2gb IRiver mp3 player that I use for buzzing around when I run or ride my bike. It worked perfectly for like a year and all of a sudden it starts the playlist from the beginning whenever I turn it off and back on again. It used to start on the song I last played. Anybody know how to remedy this? It's driving me nuts rifling through all these songs just to hear a new one when I turn it on. I've looked at all the settings and the troubleshooting is no help.

Nobody?