Anyone have Reverse Lookup access in the US?

Guest Sparoism

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yo IC. i really hope she was checked out before you got down. I really hate to hear shit like that. If someone did that to my bear i would castrate them by shotgun. Real primative like.

Sparo. this type of info is probably availabe with $$$. If it was me I would try to set up a deal. Wait a week. Call the number. Ask him if hes holding tell him your looking to spend $100. He asks who you are. Make some shit up. Ask if he wants to meet at the same place as last time.... Convince him he knows you. This guy is hitting liks. This suggests that hes either a fiend, or an idiot and likely both. Stealing a cell phone is a crackhead thing to do. You say you got 100 dollars and he will probably deliver himself with some rock salt

Guest Sparoism

It's gonna be like this.

We've already gotten five calls from folks looking for people we don't know, and we told all of them that A) everything was being documented, their number, cell phone carrier, time they called, the neighborhood the prefix block was from...most of the calls were from East Oakland, one was from Hayward. Anyway, and B) if they didn't want to get a call from the cops, all they had to do was tell me who they got the number from.

Since no one wanted to tell me anything, I don't really have any other options besides turning the numbers over to the cops.

I'm not happy about that being our only option at this point, but since there's already a report on file, we might as well do what we can to get something going on.

As an aside, I'm not Mr. Anti-Cop. I used to deal with the court system daily when I was doing legal research, so I know how to work the angles to get shit done. Also, once I knew how to talk to the cops in legal terms, my rapport with them improved considerably and I felt a lot more comfortable around them (when I wasn't fucking up, of course). Now, if this had happened in SF, I would have had more resources to work with, but as it turns out the Robbery Desk at the OPD is closed on the weekend, so I can't do much till tomorrow.

And, no, I'm not a cop, and I don't want to be a cop, either. I have enough enemies and stress to last me, thank you very much.

Guest Sparoism

Funny...I didn't think you looked like a cop. When we stole that car and we were smoking that chewie, man...that's some shit I didn't even consider. I figured it out when you dropped your badge trying to pay for those hookers, though.

Crooked or not, you're okay with me.

Also, I think this dude that was using the number was either slinging or macking, since all the calls in the past hour were from girls. The next girl who calls, I'm gonna tell her that she's been exposed to AIDS from so-and-so. That'll get some kind of reaction.

Guest Sparoism

It's all about Town Business.

I'd rather not have the cops involved, since that means I have to play by the rules, but that's the breaks.

No calls in the past hour.

Arcel....get in touch.......you know why.

Funny story.

Once I had my bag stolen at a show which contained my cell phone.

It was a 120 dollar northface bag I had a digi scale in there, but what I really wanted was this hat my friend made for me in Colorado.

So I get in touch with them (Call my old phone), they give me a number to call them back and promise to send me back my stuff. The number turned out to be a pizza shop, they were just fucking around. I forgot about it and planned on getting a replacement phone eventually.

I get a call from an ex girlfriend (we hadn't spoken in a year or so). She was all pissed off, "What did you have me under in your cell phone?". I thought to myself, and couldn't remember. "Umm, your name?" "Well some kids said they found a cell phone and called me up like, "Hey, wanna fuck?"." "Haha, why would they call you?" "Cause I was under "SlamPig" in your phone you son of a bitch..."

I died laughing, and haven't talked to her since.

Guest Sparoism
Originally posted by meatlocker@Feb 27 2006, 01:28 AM

unless you get it through the police (and even that's iffy), there's no way you can get that reverse lookup.

That's only true if you don't know people with PI clearance. Ahhh, the power of skiptracing....it's a wonderful thing, especially when you can call someone and tell them you have copies of their entire credit history, criminal record, employment history, DMV records, Social Security number...all I need is their names and the town the cell phone originated from, and an hour on the right computer- it's easy to trace someone's footprint through public records.

Arcel, check your email (the one your 12oz. account uses for relay).