Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pone156tfo

First thing you noticed

I remember seeing it in Minneapolis when I was a wee lad. Then in my early teens seeing it in skate videos got my hooked. All the ramps and shit I built were painted on right away. Too out of shape and old to skate now!

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Rt 9 south, new Britain CT, MEST roller letters on a train bridge goin over the hiway.

i looked at it and thought to myself " thats not a billboard or a road sign, so it was

def not done by like a company or the government or something. but who did it?

I NotiCed AlL dEm G4Ng$t4H 4$$ kIdZ aT SkOO wIt dAT GHEtTo AZZ WritTing on Dem BackPaKs aNd I wanT3d to D0 d4t $hyt

deck throw ups and straight letters on the A line in ny, and a couple guys in my hometown's throws when i switched schools and started going to the other side of town in 2nd grade.

First REALLY noticed when i was 13 on a mission trip with my youth group to chicago, as we drove around i would just gaze endlessly, even in spots without alot there was always atleast a tag(just had to look for it sometimes) and that kinda became a game id play in my head, trying to find it. One main peice stuck out to me on a stores roof top, a name with a badass dinosaur towering over the name, and then after about 2 years latter and 1 more mission trip to chicago and another to st.louis it was in my head, would always be scopin freights behind my friends house. Then one day on youtube i came across Infamy on youtube, started sketchin nuthing special, stopped for a while(like 2 years) but remembered one day how much i loved that movie so i watched it again, then started watching any graff movie, and now im REALLY into it

Riding the red line in Chicago with my mom downtown and seeing tags and rooftops on the insides in the early 80's, specifically remembering the "Return of the Kings" rooftop, reminded of this in the late 90's with a flic sent to me, thanks Net... then moved to Evanston, like a mile away from a yard out there and eventually stumbling across it when my family and I were taking our dogs for a walk, in around 87 or 88... seeing dudes like Rone, FEDS crew, and a bunch of others, specifically remember the one with the duck on it... then moved to the far suburbs and I picked up a copy of a magazine with some pieces in it as well as seeing stuff on what was the WC mainline, although there was not that much, that was in 1991...

Saw a couple little tags on parks and whatnot, but didn't grasp it until I saw this kid KNOWN getting up with solid scribs. He's stopped writing now mostly, but a couple of the older cats I've painted with know him; I've gotta meet him and give him a big thank you to getting me into graff.

First noticed it being stuck at railroad tracks for 10 minutes when I was probably 7 or 8... The wildstyle ones caught my eye especially. Didn't actually get into it until kids started acting like retards and scribbling dumb shit on the wall and calling themselves taggers. I don't really get interest in anything until I see people trying and thinking they're hardcore after failing miserably...