First thing you noticed

Pone156tfo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the first day i rode the subway i noticed Cope2 and GatoRIS fillins everywhere. Jon156, Sane and Smith had taken over the D's with huge clover green throw ups. Then a few weeks later

i got on a train that had the windows covered and this poor hasidic jewish dude missed his stop because of it. those are my first conscious memories of graffiti.

ha im still a toy, but i remember, when i was about 5, i was riding my bike, and i saw this huge graff throw, but then i didnt care what it said. anyway, i got out my watercolor markers and drew a big X on the wall, ruined my marker, after 15 minutes of waiting for the cops NOT to come I did another with another color. I went back the next day and it was gone. I felt so hardcore, even though it was gone. hahaha. then when i turned 13, i was at my grams house and i saw a huge piece on the side of a train that read "feria", ever since then iive been obsessed with graff.

*edited for typos*

• 2 weeks later...

some fume tags on a shit high spot on the way to london,bout 1 or 2 years ago

i know ive seen paintings before that in my hometown but this was the earliest memory when i can actually picture it in my head

• 2 weeks later...

about 85 or 86.....id see an "aero" tag on this sign advertising an apartment complex every day i passed it...then about 88 i saw a teenager go behind a bus stop bench, pull out a can and spray something on the back....it was around sunset, but it was obvious what he was doing..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The highways on the way to the mall,there was this legde, i later learned, it was by worker (waste, rsk) Ewok and Ultra.. i didnt know shit though at that time, 92 or so, then a year or two latter i was just always coming in contact with it, first an issue of the source in study hall in middle school, i remember arab and roach flicks, i lost my mind i had never seen a nyc subway train painted before, but it wasnt untill i saw americas most wanted a few weeks later where they profiled the up and comming problem of tag banging that i was actually inspired to venture out out to the highway and jump on on a guardrail and hit a sign, ( i think i probally had a sharrpie though!!) after that going to buy trees in the hood i saw locals such as Sel rsk, Gzabel, power rsk, Rue, Sop, and GA nsk from brklyn, who i latter met on the street in bk.. funny to think john walsh gave me that xtra push..:p

First time i saw graffiti wuz on the side of a frieght comin through NokeTwon, 540. I didn't think nuthin of it, I was a lil' geek in like, 5th grade thinkin that's just what happens to old shit that sits in one place to long;: punks paint it. But then I developed soul in middle school and started to feel the art, ya know? I played this game... Jetset for XBOX, it wuz pretty ill, it had inline techno and graff and i was a fan of the first two, as I looked through the library of graff art in the game (actually pretty decent even lookin back) I realized how sic it wuz, and how it was related to the scribble on the trains, and how they both came from the same culture that brought me hip-hop and electronica and finally a fusion of the two, it all meshed so well. I wuz always puttin up rebel political posters in middle-school, but I didn't know that wuz graff-related. Now whevener I'm sittin at a crossing and i see a sic piece roll by on a heavy-ass frieght, it's like a fuckin treat. I saw an OBEY giant poster on a lamp post in a parking lot the other day and it made my day.

One of the first bits of graf I saw was a Phatboy tag near my house... I think some Bomb Squad and Royce throwies downtown.

One of the writers that really got me interested in graf was ItsMe, as well as THiNK

But these are all island writers, so you guys dont know'em... here, take a look at some flix:

ItsMe: http://www.lounge37.com/bb/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=2660&pid=121350

BombSquad: http://www.lounge37.com/bb/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=2660&pid=121470

Phatboy: http://www.lounge37.com/bb/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=2660&pid=121472

Royce: http://www.lounge37.com/bb/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=2660&pid=121500

THiNK: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/Rakumari/100_0121.jpg

• 3 years later...

i remember back in like 98 99 when they had all the homeless people living under the fdr and what not in nyc.... so i'm sure i noticed some graf but idk.. then in 06 istarted noticing it more cause i was giong to school in the city and was older... outside of my school i'd always see a chino truck... and then from there i was looking out the windows of the train into the tunnels and i liked it lol

growing up in brooklyn ny i saw graffiti often but what actually had an impact on my was this crazy piece i saw on the way to school in the fourth grade everyday. i didnt know what it said but i thought it looked sick. i asked my bro what it said and he didnt know either. remained a mystery but between that and my brother i decided to start writing. i thank the dude that did that he changed my life.

Bronx Highway Graffiti in the 90's always caught my eye on the way to see family. Then in the later 90's Bran dym came to my city and killed it.

So I wrote my initials for the longest time until i met another writer....and one thing led to another and the rest is history

i remember back in like 98 99 when they had all the homeless people living under the fdr and what not in nyc.... so i'm sure i noticed some graf but idk.. then in 06 istarted noticing it more cause i was giong to school in the city and was older... outside of my school i'd always see a chino truck... and then from there i was looking out the windows of the train into the tunnels and i liked it lol

i also remember back in the early 00s i was at my brothers frieneds house i think maybe it was NSITE and he was showing me and my bro mad pics of his on billboards trains and all over lol

Archived