First thing you noticed

Pone156tfo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who beat who?

To whom are you refering? Me myself and I or SERG? Let me make this clear I may have noticed graffiti at that time but I didn't pick up a can for the purpose of bombin until the end of 1984, into 85. Ahhhhhhh the 80's. Rockkkkkkkkkkkk on forever. Huh? Well thanks for listening anyway, i'll be going now.........

Peace:D

I first noticed it when i was walking through the drainage tunnels in a commercial district of Colorado Springs, CO when i was around 9 yrs old

i saw some hemp leaves of course, a few fuck yous, some initials, and some alright outlines.

Sabre Gkae

I remember seeing Saber and Gkae up in seattle, I remember them specifically, cause i aske dmy dad what "Say-bra" and "Ja-Kay" meant, what inspired me was this dude painting the redmond freewall "Taz" i think, he showed me some basics. and then I just went off into my own little world

from the time i was born my pops was a truck driver he would take me with him all the time up to nyc and i could remember lookin at the highways and anything else i could see w/ graff on it and i was like holy shit this stuff is great how do they do it.. i was so amazed and look at me now i do this amazing shit...........werd up:cool: :cool: :cool:

Your right

Your absolutely right i'm old I wearing depends now and ohhhhh i filled them again darn it tooooo many prunes. Well I have to go clean up now it's rather smelly I dare say... Ohhhh I've FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

i first remember seeing graf on a railway overpass. the kids who did it climbed way out on it above the highway and did it. that took some fuckin balls. that was in 93, but i came in the picture long after that.

-cdz

Funny you should ask...

YOU!!!

Heh heh...

The day I was inspired to pick up a can, it was from walking the train tracks through this tunnel. There was a Monk piece at one end, a Sick/Pone duo piece at the other, and a whole bunch of nice shit in between. I had seen graffiti before, out of the corner of my eye, but nothing that really jumped out and grabbed me by the eyeballs. Within the week I had a name and my first wack 3D sketch drawn up, and started getting busy. I later changed my name to disguise the wackness, as many do, but I never looked back.

If you're the Pone I'm thinking of, then you were part of the day I got converted. I should probably buy you a beer...or some prunes.

Sick/Pone

Are you from Beantown? I did a nice piece up in Framingham with Sick back in 1995 thereaboutz. I didn't know there was a tunnel up there. Yeah but Sick is peeps a 156 Guru all the way live and direct.

I'm glad I was one of the instraments that corrupted you into a lifestyle of chaos and mayhem. Yes a Guiness ale would be nice if you get around to the liquor store. Hit me off witha a fleamail and we'll chat

Peace Love and Deoderant

:D

sometime in the late 80's i saw some work in a park up in rochester, ny. it was pretty, the fall leaves were blowing around and there were all these vibrant colors on the walls of this tunnel that went under something. i didn't pick up any cans because of it or anything, but it left an impression.

I GREW UP IN PROJECTS AND THEY WERE COVERED IN GANG GRAFFITTI AS WAS EVERY INCH OF MY HOOD IN THE EIGHTIES BEFORE THE CITY BUFFED EVERYTHING. CHAKA LIVED BY ME AND ID ALWAYS SEE HIM AND SLEAZ, ALSO CAB'S HEAVENS. MY GRANDPA HAS A FLIK OF A WHITEFENCE TAG IN THE 50'S THATS OG GRAFF.

La Gangz

So what your sayin is that LA now has buffed all the Gang shit?

How many active gangs are there in East Los now currently, I know there are alot of em? What are the hottest running right now?

I live on the East Coast so i'm not knowledgable I've heard of 18th St, Grape St, but that's about it.

Peace Love and Deodorant

i swear to god when i say this an im not trying ot be stupid, but the first time i saw it, it was painted on the street right in front of my driveway and in big red letters it said "FUCK" in real shitty writing. an it happens to be the first word i learned to.... read. i saw that shit everyday like 3 times a day. and one day i just said "fuck" and since then ive become a fucking genius, all thanks to those 5 little letters outside my door.

pez and ren

The first graff I ever saw was this cat Pez who was up all over the west end of toronto in the 80's this must have been arround 85 I think.. maybe a bit later than that...Also the keele wall along the bloor danforth subway line....I used to check that out every time I rode the subway as a kid. And not to forget Ren.

ive always noticed graff in my neighborhood . but it wasn't til the mid to late 80's that i started to appreciate it. that's when a bunch of murals were going up it my neighborhood . i would go and watch them while they were going up and try mimic them on paper. i was real young so i would draw things around me and graff was one of them.

when i was like 5 or 6, every time my mom went to get the dry cleaning i'd go with her, because if i waited patiently in the front seat, she'd bring me out one of the candies from inside.... so while waiting in the front seat of me car, there was this tag on the wall "jayo" it said. the O is a smily face, it seemed friendly... that introduced me to graff... then when i was like 12 i saw some of my friend's sisters hip hop mags that had graff, there was papers with her trying to copy what she saw. i tried too.... and it stuck.

when i was 7 i took a train trip to minn. and i remember seeing graff but nothing in specific. then a few weeks later i remember thinking. how did they do that? the only thing i remember from them was this beaver face with big buck teeth and the beaver was wagging its tale. i think it might have been in chicago but i'm not sure.

the first time that i REMEMBER seeing or noticing graffiti was prbably in 3rd or 4th grade.it was a tag in our school yard.i never paid attention to the scribble until a friend pointed it out and claimed the scribble said something.the first time i learned about graffit though was watching beatstreet repeatedly on tv.by that time i was already into hip hop, and i had always drawn pictures.you could say i'm one of the few i know that was introduced to graffiti through hip hop rather the opposite.than again,of course there's a lot of people have no interest in hip hop eithe.:cool:

Archived