graffiti assemblies ?

Guest (ence

sure just about everbody on this site does graffiti and has stories and advice to tell and what not, but why not organize a "graffiti assembly" if you will...?

has anyone read BOMB THE SUBURBS by William Upski Wimsat? if not you need to...its all about graffiti writing.... anyways...in Chicago William would organize nights where almost every writer in Chicago would go bomb on the same night...and in the morning...well...it looks like the mysterious graffiti fairies were a bit busy the night before, anyone think this can be done through 12ozprophet?...i realize there's plenty of greasy pork layin' around here, but we should be able to come up with ways to get past the security issues

what do you guys think?

:idea:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

fuck...nobody's heard of that? come on some of you had to have read that book...CATS? you're a graffcat...haven't you read that book?

so nobodie's down with the idea of organized graffiti ha?

ok-

no way man...not unless peeps bring drugs and weapons with them.

it would be like a mob kinda...if 1 person goes into walmart and steals a cd player...he'll probably get arrested if he gets caught, but if 200 people run into wal mart at the same time and start taking stuff out of the store with them, very few will see any consequences at all.

thats pretty funny just to imagine...

Originally posted by (ence

no way man...not unless peeps bring drugs and weapons with them.

it would be like a mob kinda...if 1 person goes into walmart and steals a cd player...he'll probably get arrested if he gets caught, but if 200 people run into wal mart at the same time and start taking stuff out of the store with them, very few will see any consequences at all.

thats pretty funny just to imagine...

haha i was at a 7-11 raid one time. damn that shit was funny, all these kids rushing in, knocked out the cameras and raided the spot. the worker guy just ran in theback... the best was when the slurpee machine got wheeled out of the store......

Originally posted by (ence

CATS? you're a graffcat...haven't you read that book?

so nobodie's down with the idea of organized graffiti ha?

ok-

Listen....

The only way this would work is with HARD WORK. I have read Bomb the Suburbs, and that was a great idea for Chi-town back then. The fact of that matter is technology has caught up to the criminal world. I believe in your idea, just on another scale. Try this.

go to hiphop/punk shows around your city, you can meet other writers this way. Once youve met writes from other crews and get to know them you can work on this idea of yours. Stay UP!!!!

All City

What your refering to is an all city meeting, and yes chicago has one about every two years from some one trying to relive upski's tales but testosterone, and ego's get in the way, fights break out and no one gets to paint.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

Bomb The Suburbs is not aboout graffiti. graff is talked about in the book, but it is not a book solely based on graff. Have you read NO MORE PRISONS by upski? what the fuck happened to him, he got so weird, he came off sounding like some WTO seattle protesters. he changed so much. maybe raven can tell us about billy wimsatt.

Guest jacks raging bile duct

i think ence made a good and valid point....

although i dont agree with oraganizing a disaster like that over the internet, he has a very good point.hes absolutly right about going out with more people.

think about this for a second.

if your walking threw nyc with 2 maybe 3 heads cathing tags wrecklessly,your chances of getting caught are pretty damn good.but......

if your coming down the street 30 heads deep, wrecking shit,u think anyone is gonna step to you?i doubt it,but u cant hang around too long either.

Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del

Bomb The Suburbs is not aboout graffiti. graff is talked about in the book, but it is not a book solely based on graff. Have you read NO MORE PRISONS by upski? what the fuck happened to him, he got so weird, he came off sounding like some WTO seattle protesters. he changed so much. maybe raven can tell us about billy wimsatt.

yea yea i know it wasn't ALL about graffiti, it was also about the ghettos vs the suburbs, the hip-hop music industry, and other things as well, i just wanted to make it appeal to those who have not read it yet. sorry

yea i did read no more prisons, he did change, he had such optimist philosophies in that book, it wasn't as fun to read as bomb the suburbs i dont think, but still a cool book

yea, it would never work, peeps would be fighting and people's pride and weed would get in the way, like they did in Chicago and people would be uptight...its a cool idea, but too idealistic...kinda like communism, cool idea, but doesn't work when applied to real life,

would you just shut the fuck up already, holy fuck are you for real? if shit was this sweet right now as it was back then, do you think we'd be talking to you like... you know what... fuck it. ill be there. wheres the spot mcdonalds right, friday? 7 o'clock? who's drivin?

Guest wakassOATH
Originally posted by T.T Boy

haha i was at a 7-11 raid one time. damn that shit was funny, all these kids rushing in, knocked out the cameras and raided the spot. the worker guy just ran in theback... the best was when the slurpee machine got wheeled out of the store......

ya man i remeber me and my friends used to do that shit

man just the look of the clerks face when 20 fucking hoodlemsbum rush a small ass store and grab everything in sight

damn just remember to leave one guy back to hold the door open ..or else the clerk with lock it electronicly and call the cops.. then you will feel stupid

Archived