Arctic Donkeys

Dr. Dazzle

Despite having the worst name in history, THE ARCTIC MONKEYS are the latest band to hit it big in the UK. They were recently voted Best Band by NME, despite their debut album coming out only 1 month ago (which seems a bit excessive to me). Anyway, I just wanted to make this thread now because chances are in a few months all you hipster doofuses will be in love with them, and I can link to this page and tell you that I was all on this before you were and rub it in your faces.

I can also take this opportunity to say that they are very good friend's with my cousin. I have met all of them except for the bass player. They seemed alright, but I remember everyone used to make fun of the singer because he thought he was such hot shit because he was in a band that was actually playing shows (my cousin's band Johnny Danger, played one show, I think, and then disbanded), and yeah, he was pretty full of himself. They weren't the Arctic Monkeys then, they had some equally gay name that I can't remember.

This is their website, you can hear a couple of their songs in the video section. Despite the terrible name I think they're alright, though they sound like a Northern version/ripoff of the Libertines in my humble opinion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

No way man... because you say the name right at the start and not only will this pull people who don't know about it all, wondering just as much about donkeys as monkeys... and you'll get the kids who know and just think you typo'ed... PLUS you'll also pull the kids who think they're smarter than you coming to tell you that you're stupid for saying Donkeys... but now they know you didn't say it... but whatever, the thread still gets hits... and you expanded your fanbase, so to speak

ok i am just checking out this band i wished that they sucked i really do the bassist popped fucking collar on the dance floor song but they are good

and i hate it i will be buying the cd... good call 12oz for keeping me informed...

since when is music going back to the 80's?

Originally posted by Some1+Feb 24 2006, 07:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Some1 - Feb 24 2006, 07:50 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Smart@Feb 24 2006, 03:42 AM

I mean, but... we're cool right?

left out the Apostrophe/Overnight Sensation

zappa?

[/b]

sure, Dweezil rules! Did you ever see him in uh... um... that one movie Pauly Shore turned down?

Guest KING OF HELL

I heard this shit. it's going to be the next annoyingly large band. It's got that catchy, bratty, self absorbed quality that al the hipsters dig these days. I hate them now, and in two months no mesuring insturment will be able to get a reading on how much I hate them.