Anti-abortion law

yum

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by angelofdeath+Mar 5 2006, 04:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (angelofdeath - Mar 5 2006, 04:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by KING BLING@Mar 5 2006, 04:56 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Smart@Mar 2 2006, 07:25 AM

Mississippi advances bill to ban most abortions

Rep. Steve Holland, D-Miss., introduced a near-ban on abortion that would only allow the procedure to save a pregnant woman's life.

never heard of a conservative democrat before?

[/b]

You talk a lot...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by KING BLING+Mar 5 2006, 02:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KING BLING - Mar 5 2006, 02:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by angelofdeath@Mar 5 2006, 04:46 AM

Originally posted by KING BLING@Mar 5 2006, 04:56 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Smart@Mar 2 2006, 07:25 AM

Mississippi advances bill to ban most abortions

Rep. Steve Holland, D-Miss., introduced a near-ban on abortion that would only allow the procedure to save a pregnant woman's life.

never heard of a conservative democrat before?

You talk a lot...

[/b]

This will explain everything folks-

Rep. Steve Holland, D-, recently spent some time at North Mississippi Medical Center as a patient. He was suffering from an acute viral infection and a 104-degree fever when he was admitted on Aug. 20. Holland represents portion of Lee County and has been in the Mississippi House since 1984. He is chairman of the Public Health Committee.

104 degree temperature can cause not only brain damage- but it can also cause long term conservatism- even in democrats

Originally posted by yum@Mar 5 2006, 07:58 PM

my god thats so funny that you just posted a bunch of pictures of black people holding the confederate flag. wow. seriously what are those photos meant to prove?

id actually really appreciate an answer to this angelofdeath

i did respond to it.

i'll repost it.

QUOTE (yum - Mar 5 2006, 03:58 AM)

my god thats so funny that you just posted a bunch of pictures of black people holding the confederate flag. wow. seriously what are those photos meant to prove?

if you read what i was responding too... "southern man... listen what your good book says..." is from a neil young song talking about "those evil racist southerners."

so i was responding with the WHOLE story.

Originally posted by Lonesome Cowboy Bill@Feb 23 2006, 08:12 PM

its a women's issue...I'm a guy...I don't think old (white) men should be deciding this in the first place...

seriously.

I didnt read through the entire thread but I dont give a shit what anybody thinks.

If it was illegal in everystate and Bushs daughter got knocker up by a mexican or a black dude you better bet that hoe is doing to the doctor and the issue would be resolved.

personally Ive knocked a few woman up. ( drunken encounters, not believing in rubbers, ect.}

I never pushed them in any direction on the issue I let them make their own choice

But Im happy to say I am the proud father of none

cant raise a kid if you are a kid

i agree with you on the drug use. on a federal level. there is no constitutional grounds to ban or allow drug use nationwide. its a state issue. but i believe laws are deterrents.

we dont live in a democracy. there is a big difference between a democracy and a republic. our country was created to protect against the dangers of mass democracy. check it...

"[D]emocracy will soon degenerate into an anarchy, such an anarchy that every man will do what is right in his own eyes and no man's life or property or reputation or liberty will be secure, and every one of these will soon mould itself into a system of subordination of all the moral virtues and intellectual abilities, all the powers of wealth, beauty, wit and science, to the wanton pleasures, the capricious will, and the execrable cruelty of one or a very few."

Reference: Original Intent, Barton (338); original The Papers of John Adams, Taylor, ed., vol. 1 (83)

"Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."

Reference: Original Intent, Barton (335); original The Works of John Adams, C.F. Adams, ed., vol. 6 (484)

"The known propensity of a democracy is to licentiousness which the ambitious call, and ignorant believe to be liberty."

Reference: The Works of Fisher Ames, W.B. Allen, ed., vol. 1 (546)

"[D]emocracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security, or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths."

Reference: Madison, Federalist No. 10 (81)

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. "

Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote! "

--Benjamin Franklin

Abortion isnt the problem or the solution, it's a necessity for this day and age. It's an economic status thing since anyone who out of highschool says they want to raise kids is fucking stupid, and kids who hold off on sex are seen as fucking stupid. We need time to go through school, get a job, house, etc before we can consider raising kids, and the condom isnt guarenteed not to break.

If abortion becomes illegal there'll be a whole slew of blackmarket drugs, you can't stop it. Making abortion's illegal's only helping politicians win votes from anti-abortion parties.

Originally posted by Gat:Bush+Feb 25 2006, 03:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gat:Bush - Feb 25 2006, 03:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Lonesome Cowboy Bill@Feb 23 2006, 07:12 PM

its a women's issue...I'm a guy...I don't think old (white) men should be deciding this in the first place...

if they want an abortion, get the abortion. If they dont want an abortion, dont get an abortion. the choice is what matters.

[/b]

Fuckin aye. some of you are some conservative little pricks.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dawood@Mar 3 2006, 03:45 AM

what? So If someone rapes and kills your daughter what do you do with him? throw him in jail to breathe the same air as you? Hell no,

what if you raped and killed someone?

i know you cant just think like that, but these people are obviously fucked up and aren't just ordinary people who decide one day to go and kill someone.

whether you see what i mean ther or not, i do think the tiny sentances people seem to serve nowadays in furnished prisons are ridiculous, i just don't think that killing people is a good idea.

i just think its too final, but what else can you do i suppose? it aint right to pay for them to be in prison.

although ive tried to make a case against what youve said its sort of undisputable really when you think about it. :confused2:

Originally posted by bobthedestroyer@Feb 24 2006, 12:15 AM

Let's be real here, most abortions are not done by females who were raped and what not, they are done by dumb fuck hoes who fuck too many people don't use condoms get pregnant and try to kill their mistakes.

And in your opinion it's better to force these same hoes to reproduce and raise kids? Does that include crackheads and junkies that you know damn well aint gonna all of a sudden quit drugs to become June Cleaver?

I'd hate to see the state of DHS in the next ten years if every crackwhore or 16 year old slut was forced to have kids. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dawood@Mar 2 2006, 11:45 PM

what? So If someone rapes and kills your daughter what do you do with him? throw him in jail to breathe the same air as you? Hell no,

He shouldn't have been killing people , plain and simple. Do you go around killing people? If not, then you don't have anything to worry about. I never killed anybody, My wife never killed anybody, I know alot of people who never killed anybody, so there you have it, A lot of people would still be alive if an eye for eye was the law. I beleive in an eye for en eye, It's natural because it's not necissarily killing that's wrong, It;s killing without a just cause and If someone kills an innocent person then killing him has now turned into a just cause in my book.

But you have to take into concideration that people are blamed and convicted for shit that they didn't do every day because of the fact that the cops and DA's office are flat out bloodthirsty for a win. Alot of the time they lie to get that win and alot of the time they do this knowing damn well that the person they are convicting is inocent but they don't care as long as they get the win and the praise and RAI$E that comes with it. And sometimes they actually honestly beleive they have the right guy. Either way the wrong person ends up on death row alot of the time and sometimes it even gets proven that they had the wrong guy and convictions are overturned... years after dude has been already put to death.

Another thing to consider is that NOBODY doing life behind bars is breathing the same air as you and your fam. That's a miserable fucking exsistance only compareable to hell.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
:hatred:

Abortion Rights are Pro-Life

by Leonard Peikoff

Thirty years after Roe V. Wade, no one defends the right to abortion in fundamental, moral terms, which is why the pro-abortion rights forces are on the defensive.

Abortion-rights advocates should not cede the terms "pro-life" and "right to life" to the anti-abortionists. It is a woman's right to her life that gives her the right to terminate her pregnancy.

Nor should abortion-rights advocates keep hiding behind the phrase "a woman's right to choose." Does she have the right to choose murder? That's what abortion would be, if the fetus were a person.

The status of the embryo in the first trimester is the basic issue that cannot be sidestepped. The embryo is clearly pre-human; only the mystical notions of religious dogma treat this clump of cells as constituting a person.

We must not confuse potentiality with actuality. An embryo is a potential human being. It can, granted the woman's choice, develop into an infant. But what it actually is during the first trimester is a mass of relatively undifferentiated cells that exist as a part of a woman's body. If we consider what it is rather than what it might become, we must acknowledge that the embryo under three months is something far more primitive than a frog or a fish. To compare it to an infant is ludicrous.

If we are to accept the equation of the potential with the actual and call the embryo an "unborn child," we could, with equal logic, call any adult an "undead corpse" and bury him alive or vivisect him for the instruction of medical students.

That tiny growth, that mass of protoplasm, exists as a part of a woman's body. It is not an independently existing, biologically formed organism, let alone a person. That which lives within the body of another can claim no right against its host. Rights belong only to individuals, not to collectives or to parts of an individual.

("Independent" does not mean self-supporting--a child who depends on its parents for food, shelter, and clothing, has rights because it is an actual, separate human being.)

"Rights," in Ayn Rand's words, "do not pertain to a potential, only to an actual being. A child cannot acquire any rights until it is born."

It is only on this base that we can support the woman's political right to do what she chooses in this issue. No other person--not even her husband--has the right to dictate what she may do with her own body. That is a fundamental principle of freedom.

There are many legitimate reasons why a rational woman might have an abortion--accidental pregnancy, rape, birth defects, danger to her health. The issue here is the proper role for government. If a pregnant woman acts wantonly or capriciously, then she should be condemned morally--but not treated as a murderer.

If someone capriciously puts to death his cat or dog, that can well be reprehensible, even immoral, but it is not the province of the state to interfere. The same is true of an abortion which puts to death a far less-developed growth in a woman's body.

If anti-abortionists object that an embryo has the genetic equipment of a human being, remember: so does every cell in the human body.

Abortions are private affairs and often involve painfully difficult decisions with life-long consequences. But, tragically, the lives of the parents are completely ignored by the anti-abortionists. Yet that is the essential issue. In any conflict it's the actual, living persons who count, not the mere potential of the embryo.

Being a parent is a profound responsibility--financial, psychological, moral--across decades. Raising a child demands time, effort, thought and money. It's a full-time job for the first three years, consuming thousands of hours after that--as caretaker, supervisor, educator and mentor. To a woman who does not want it, this is a death sentence.

The anti-abortionists' attitude, however, is: "The actual life of the parents be damned! Give up your life, liberty, property and the pursuit of your own happiness."

Sentencing a woman to sacrifice her life to an embryo is not upholding the "right-to-life."

The anti-abortionists' claim to being "pro-life" is a classic Big Lie. You cannot be in favor of life and yet demand the sacrifice of an actual, living individual to a clump of tissue.

Anti-abortionists are not lovers of life--lovers of tissue, maybe. But their stand marks them as haters of real human beings.

Thank you for posting that. It's nice to read the truth and some sense at last! I was starting to get sick of these hypocritical liars. No doubt these facts will get twisted though.

• 4 months later...

Based in what i understand in the forums, you do have all the point about abortions. But we should not forget the significance of Roe v. Wade, it is a right to have a privacy under the due process clause in the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution extends to a woman's decision to have an abortion, but that right must be balanced against the state's two legitimate interests for regulating abortions: protecting prenatal life and protecting the mother's health. Saying that these state interests become stronger over the course of a pregnancy, the Court resolved this balancing test by tying state regulation of abortion to the mother's current trimester of pregnancy.A woman should have a right reason why she is going to take abortion.

in relation to this, Wednesday Ohio Governor John Kasich ® signed into legislation a bill prohibiting the abortion of any viable fetus after 20 weeks. Ohio turns into only probably the most recent of various states to ban late-term abortions. The ban ignores federal rulings under Roe v. Wade. I found this here: Ohio bans late term abortions

• 10 years later...

I personally think the value of absolute self ownership is greater than the value of human life. If life itself is held in higher regards, logically speaking things like forcing an individual to share their blood, organs, or basically their entire body to keep someone else alive against their will become allowable. Questions like "why do you even need both your kidneys when there are people on waiting lists" are up for debate. Having an old person attached to share your blood stream to keep them alive a few more days isn't so far fetched.

Violating bodily autonomy causes all types of societal ills like mass incarceration over drugs etc. Now getting, or facilitating an abortion can land you in jail, or fines, or your right to work in your field revoked like we needed more of that. Serving time with people that sold, smoked, or grew a plant, or a fungus, maybe sold some pussy or all types of other victimless crimes in the name of the "greater good". I think most people are mad because the republicans won this one, I'm mad because ignoring basic human rights looks like a shortcut to both sides vision of a utopian society.

People will always get abortions. Ironically the same people on twitter that wanted to force vaccinate people, and hated ivermectin saying it was a horse dewormer, are now recommending a horse ulcer paste that induces abortions in humans. Ever since those towers fell, this country has become more, and more insane. We're literally just stepped backwards 49 years.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

I have a theory that this all boils down to future money and votes. I think it's also more encompassing than just undoing women's rights. This is like the most ultimate evil genius plan of all time. 

Birth rates have been declining in the US for decades now. I would assume this is a terrifying prospect for future tax revenue to the state. Statistics also show that there is a direct link between education level and fertility levels. Uneducated people being the most fertile and educated being the least fertile. With higher levels of education generally comes higher pay and roe v. Wade does not effect people of means in the same capacity that it does those without. This leads me to believe that the population of educated people will continue to decline as has been for years and the uneducated have been given the green light to mass procreate more uneducated tax/voting fodder.

This also leads directly into the second part of this plan. Republicans have been attacking the educational system for about as long as they have been after Roe v. Wade. Most recently they want to white wash everything out of history that might hurt white children's feelings or that isn't heterosexual white male positive. They are attacking the system that houses and formulates most children for 12 years of their lives. As long as the Republicans can control the means of creating as many poor dumb whites as possible, they can stay in control of America forever.

• Props 2