I want to get into real estate

Gunm

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Feb 22 2006, 01:29 PM

house flippin gets the big thumbs up from me.

it really helps if you know what's hot in your area and what's a good deal.

edit:

also doesn't hurt if you have real estate appraisal connections.

;)

Have you seen the site http://www.zillow.com ?

Its a new beta site that combines a lot of the information that realators have access to and calculates an aprroximate home value using long standing formulas of similar sales in the area.

Its actually seems to be fairly accurate... it seems like quite a useful tool. At least for a starting point. You can actually track properties sort of like stocks. check it out.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if u wanna get into real estate go ahead and start studying for the license, while working your current job. however, i believe some agencies allow real estate selling without a license to do so - part timers.

maybe consult your current employeer for a raise ? tell him/her how you feel ?

^^^

naw, i have only been here 2 months and i am realizing I have outgrown the 40 hour work week. A raise won't solve my issues. What I want is an exponential leap in pay, work lifestyle, opportunity for growth, etc....

I won't find that right now. So thus, I am taking steps as of this week to get my license

theres a lot of potential to make bank from real estate. my best friend is in it, he got his license at 18 yrs old. if you put hard work in, you'll make it. it's all about the connects too. thas why u see so many real estate agents market to their specific race. it's all about networking, which im sure u already know. also keep in mind, don't try to become one where the market is already saturated. like so cal and other big cities, chances are ur not gonna do good. but if real estate in an area that is about to blow up, say like nevada and arizona, you probably can make decent. as ppl are saying, the market isn't so good right now for that business, but then again my friends dad is a multi millionare who owns 11 houses all in the $1,000,000+ range for each one. no joke.... anywho, i've just repeated to which u already know.

if ur in ca, word on the street is riverside is gonna go big.... but then again, it's riverside

sarcasm, yeah, i realize that it won't be huge bucks from the get go....it's obviously something i will have to work on for several months before my first deal goes through.

I was thinking about the bay area and although yes, it is saturated, I have a lot of contacts and friends in real estate already that can help me gain an edge.

I dont know if this has been said but the market is tapering off. People that spent all that inflated money are not going to be able to re coup it. People probably arent going to be selling a lot of houses soon.

Now if you want to get into realestate from the aspect of buying busted houses and rebuilding them, that market will never die. As soon as one ghetto gets rehabbed another good neighborhood turns to shit.