Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest beardo

did i miss the transition?

Guest beardo

from hip-hop being hip-hop to hip-hop being punk-rock?

cus i went to see some breakdancing this weekend, and there were an awful lot of super nerdy emo-punk kids out there on the floor. make-up and everything. WTF.

is this the final frontier of irony or what?

man, bboys are all over the place as far as dress and style. I went to a bboy comp this weekend too. weird

Swear to god, the other day in downtown Clearwater I'm pretty sure I spotted everyone from FallOutBoy bodyrockin' to Chinese Arithmetic...

emos are just mad that there sub-culture of gaylordness sucks so there trying to steal hip hop's

id rather watch pedestrains drink gasoline then that.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Goth/Emo bboys have been around for a while. I thought it was pretty neat the first time I saw it, cause it just looked so out of place and it was all like "fuck the bboy look". But then everybody jumped on the bandwagon and now it's just stupid. It's mostly on the west coast though.

There's a video by Skinny Puppy where Goth bboys battle Hip Hop bboys.

Hip-hop heads and 'punk rock people' have been getting down since fucking Fab Five Freddy and Blondie were doing shit together. This really shouldn't be all that surprising.

People who are all about the b-boy are gay as fuck. Unless you had a rap record out sometime before 1993 I don't want to hear you talk about b-boys, b-girls, beatboxing or fucking shell toes.

Fuck you, die twice..

Guest imported_Tesseract

wtf?! i have one thing to say, all these fuckers at the video mamski posted CAN fuckin dance

The way I see it is; if a kid can dance, he can fuckin dance. Its not like the kids are walking around wearing something "hiphop" or "goth" and acting like they are bboys or.. whatever goth kids are supposed to be.

You have to practice your ass off to get good at dancing. So, actually, you should be giving those hipster/emo kids props for (if they are) being good dancers and not feeling like they must succumb to the "bboy fashion sense."

edit: cause I wanted to.

It's all couterculture. It's the same fucking thing when you get down to it. Metal, hip hop, punk, goth, whatever.

You make a good point, Dubs. Break dancing requires a HUGE investment of time, energy, and physical commitment if you want to become good. The return on this is that there is little in the world that is cooler than good breakdancing, and anyone who has put in the effort to learn it deserves props.

However, the downside to breaking is the geeky, fashion-obsessed subculture that goes along with it. The last thing breaking needs is to be taken over by an even geekier, even more fashion obsessed subculture, such as "goth".

What would be ideal is seeing people from all walks of life doing what they enjoy, without feeling like their hobbies or musical interests dictated what they should wear. I would think it was awesome if I was at a b-boy battle, and kids were showing up in spiked denim jackets with old Anthrax t-shirts sewn onto the back, and standing next to someone in khakis and an izod shirt-- and then the battle would start, and they would all do their thing. I wouldn't even mind if a couple of people were rocking shell toes, full track suits, and a Kangol, as long as they didn't think that that made them more "legit", because they wore the b-boy uniform.

i saw that shit too (emoish bboys)

i could give a fuck less what they wear, but i did notice

that the cats i saw didnt have that flave about themselves

too shy and all that shit

bboys should be macho/arrogant mofuckas - like wha!

it's a show -

ya know.

Originally posted by Old Growth@Feb 22 2006, 12:57 PM

It's all couterculture. It's the same fucking thing when you get down to it. Metal, hip hop, punk, goth, whatever.

no

punk n hiphop are close though

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this