Nintendo......ya, nes

NeRVe54

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

battletoads was the shit, as well as blades of steel and double dribble. Nerve the one with the guy on the skateboard doding logs and jumping for fruit was called Adventure Island, and that game was fun as hell too.

samus is a dime

my list of the absolute greatest:

Metal Gear - great hideo kojima-style gameplay for NES

Super C - a little less-serious-easier-replay-value version of

Contra, in my opinion. i like this better than the first one.

Karnov - excellent music. completely surreal character sprites. fun gameplay. dreamscape-esque levels. fat russian warrior. wonderful game.

Castlevania - this is a classic. creepy as fuck!

Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest - the hardest game i've ever played, to this day. awesome music, etc.

Qix - i couldn't figure this game out until i was 6 or so. once i did, i was hooked. not sure why.

Gyruss - i liked this a lot.

Marble Madness - easily some of the best music to ever come out of NES. if you don't even enjoy the gameplay, the music is definitely worth it.

The Legend of Zelda - no doubt

Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, & 3 - greats

Megaman series - best music, best gameplay

Castlequest

Punch out

holy fuck. i could go on forever.

everyone here name the BEST cuttiest, rare-ass NES games they can think of, 'cause i wanna play some of these.

has anyone else played castlequest?

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by test pattern@Feb 20 2006, 11:03 AM

Karnov - excellent music. completely surreal character sprites. fun gameplay. dreamscape-esque levels. fat russian warrior. wonderful game.

Dude, did you ever finish this game? It had the filthiest most fucking infuriating ending ever. Me and my cousin fucking shat our pants all over the place for hours trying to finish the game, starting from the beginning whenever we ran out of lives, barely escaping the ridiculous last boss, and all we got was a black screen that said "CONGRATULATION. THE END" with some shitty russian music. That was one of the closest times I've been to losing my shit and breaking furniture.