ISRAEL HALTS PAYMENTS

bobthemothafuckinbuilder

Originally posted by Dawood@Feb 19 2006, 11:33 PM

638 AD-750 AD

Im not going to cover this because a. I dont know much about it and b. because its mostly irrelivent.

1000-1899 AD

1517 AD : The Ottoman Turks of Asia Minor defeated the Mamelukes, with few interruptions, ruled Palestine until the winter of 1917-18. The country was divided into several districts (sanjaks), such as that of Jerusalem. The administration of the districts was placed largely in the hands of Arab Palestinians, who were descendants of the Canaanites. The Christian and Jewish communities, however, were allowed a large measure of autonomy. Palestine shared in the glory of the Ottoman Empire during the 16th century, but declined again when the empire began to decline in the 17th century.

There is absolutly no diffinitive evidence that the palestinians are at all related to the canaanites. There is more reason to believe that the people that lived in israel at the time were displaced from other countries by the romans or babylonians, a tactic often used to prevent uprisings. The could have also migrated to the land being as the arabs are well known for being a nomadic people.

1831-1840 AD : Muhammad Ali, the modernizing viceroy of Egypt, expanded his rule to Palestine . His policies modified the feudal order, increased agriculture, and improved education.

Until the first aliyah the land in israel was sub-standard. The land mostly consisted of swamps and deserts. If anything this account is glorified.

1840 The Ottoman Empire reasserted its authority, instituting its own reforms .

1845 Jewish in Palestine were 12,000 increased to 85,000 by 1914. All people in Palestine were Arabic Muslims and Christians.

Im not sure I understand the second sentence.

1897 the first Zionist Congress held Basle, Switzerland, issued the Basle programme on the colonization of Palestine.

1900-1946

1904 the Fourth Zionist Congress decided to establish a national home for Jews in Argentina.

The decision was repealed two years later for obvious reasons. This example is brought up to invalidate the right of israel as a home for the Jews by implying that Israel holds as much value to the Jews as Argentina. The truth is at the time herzl was looking for a place to shelter jews from anti-semitism and was willing to conseed (at first) to a less than ideal location. The idea was repealed because the congress felt they should only accept the genuine article. This same phenomenon can be seen later with uganda.

1906 the Zionist congress decided the Jewish homeland should be Palestine.

Herzl's reasoning was obvious, the Jews should live in thier country of origin.

1914 With the outbreak of World War I, Britain promised the independence of Arab lands under Ottoman rule, including Palestine, in return for Arab support against Turkey which had entered the war on the side of Germany.

1916 Britain and France signed the Sykes-Picot Agreement, which divided the Arab region into zones of influence. Lebanon and Syria were assigned to France, Jordan and Iraq to Britain and Palestine was to be internationalized.

1917 The British government issued the Balfour Declaration on November 2, in the form of a letter to a British Zionist leader from the foreign secretary Arthur J. Balfour prmissing him the establishment of a national home for the Jewish people in Palestine.

the land originally consisted of trans-jordan (now known as Jordan) but the land was split in two so the arabs could have a home too. Refer to India/Pakistan/Afganistan for similar events.

1917-1918 Aided by the Arabs, the British captured Palestine from the Ottoman Turks. The Arabs revolted against the Turks because the British had promised them, in correspondence with Shareef Husein ibn Ali of Mecca, the independence of their countries after the war. Britain, however, also made other, conflicting commitments in the secret Sykes-Picot agreement with France and Russia (1916), it promised to divide and rule the region with its allies. In a third agreement, the Balfour Declaration of 1917, Britain promised the Jews a Jewish "national home" in Palestine .

1918 After WW I ended, Jews began to migrate to Palestine, which was set a side as a British mandate with the approval of the League of Nations in 1922. Large-scale Jewish settlement and extensive Zionist agricultural and industrial enterprises in Palestine began during the British mandatory period, which lasted until 1948.

1919 The Palestinians convened their first National Conference and expressed their opposition to the Balfour Declaration.

1920 The San Remo Conference granted Britain a mandate over Palestine. and two years later Palestine was effectively under British administration. Sir Herbert Samuel, a declared Zionist, was sent as Britain's first High Commissioner to Palestine.

1922 The Council of the League of Nations issued a Mandate for Palestine.

1929 Large-scale attacks on Jews by Arabs rocked Jerusalem. Palestinians killed 133 Jews and suffered 116 deaths. Sparked by a dispute over use of the Western Wall of Al-Aqsa Mosque ( this site is sacred to Muslims, but Jews claimed it is the remaining of jews temple all studies shows clearly that the wall is from the Islamic ages and it is part of al-Aqsa Mosque). But the roots of the conflict lay deeper in Arab fears of the Zionist movement which aimed to make at least part of British-administered Palestine a Jewish state.

1936 The Palestinians held a six-month General Strike to protest against the confiscation of land and Jewish immigration.

1937 Peel Commission, headed by Lord Robert Peel, issued a report. Basically, the commission concluded, the mandate in Palestine was unworkable There was no hope of any cooperative national entity there that included both Arabs and Jews. The commission went on to recommend the partition of Palestine into a Jewish state, an Arab state, and a neutral sacred-site state to be administered by Britain.

1939 The British government published a White Paper restricting Jewish immigration and offering independence for Palestine within ten years. This was rejected by the Zionists, who then organized terrorist groups and launched a bloody campaign against the British and the Palestinians.

The White paper was a direct attack on the Israeli people at the time. It basicly said to them that they were being played by the british. In turn they got angry and organized

The attacks launched by the isrealis at the time were purely on the military. The only "bloody" attack was on the King david hotel. The israelis repeatedly warned the british that they were going to bomb this part of the building but the British ignored thier warnings and some casualties became of their negligence.

1947-1966

1947 Great Britain decided to leave Palestine and called on the United Nations (UN) to make recommendations. In response, the UN convened its first special session and on November 29, 1947, it adopted a plan calling for partition of Palestine into Jewish and Arab states, with Jerusalem as an international zone under UN jurisdiction.

Israel is yet again broken apart, The jews agree solemly and the arabs reject the idea

1947 Arab protests against partition erupted in violence, with attacks on Jewish settlements in retalation to the attacks of Jews terrorist groups to Arab Towns and villages and massacres in hundred against unarmed Palestinian in there homes.

There was one supossed attack. Aparently the Isrealies were searching for a terrorist leader and snuck into a town and killed him. The death was blown out of proportion by the arabs in an attempt to gain sympathy from their people. The move had an opposite affect. The arabs became scared and started leaving.

15 May 1948 British decided to leave on this day, leaders of the Yishuv decided (as they claim) to implement that part of the partition plan calling for establishment of a Jewish state. The same day, the armies of Egypt, Transjordan (now Jordan), Syria, Lebanon, and Iraq joined Palestinian and other Arab guerrillas in a full-scale war (first Arab-Israeli War). The Arabs failed to prevent establishment of a Jewish state, and the war ended with four UN-arranged armistice agreements between Israel and Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, and Syria.

Lol the way this is written is funny, "The Arabs failed to prevent establishment of a Jewish state" doesnt get more anti-israel than that.

The small Gaza Strip was left under Egyptian control, and the West Bank was controled by Jordan.

Of the more than 800,000 Arabs who lived in Israeli-held territory before 1948, only about 170,000 remained. The rest became refugees in the surrounding Arab countries, ending the Arab majority in the Jewish state.

Numbers in general at this time are very easy to manipulate. There was no offical census so any number of people is possible. Im not implying they are wrong, but there is no way to prove the totals.

1956 Attckes incursions by refugee guerrilla bands and attacks by Arab military units were made, Egypt refused to permit Israeli ships to use the Suez Canal and blockaded the Straits of Tiran erupted in the second Arab-Israeli War.

Great Britain and France joined the attack because of their dispute with Egypt's president Gamal Abdel Nasser, who had nationalized the Suez Canal. Seizing the Gaza Strip and the Sinai Peninsula within few days. The fighting was halted by the UN after a few days, and a UN Emergency Force (UNEF) was sent to supervise the cease-fire in the Canal zone. By the end of the year their forces withdrew from Egypt, but Israel refused to leave Gaza until early 1957.

Israel Kicks butt! WOOT! They capture all the sinai up to the canal. They later give the territory back in an effort to promote trade in the area. Until now land was never given back for free after war.

1965 The Palestine Liberation Organization was established.

Mr. Chairman himself was Yasser Arafat. The PLO is a recognised terrorist organization. Abbas was his second."

1967-1989

1967 Nasser's insistence in 1967 that the UNEF leave Egypt, led Israel to attack Egypt, Jordan, and Syria simultaneously on 5th of June.

The war ended six days later with an Israeli victory. Israel occuiped Gaza Strip, Sinai Peninsula, Arab East Jerusalem, West Bank, Golan Heights.

lol "occupied", try re-captured. The Golan Heights are kept as a buffer zone. The point was to provent the Syrian arabs from being able to morter and rocket the nearby areas (mostly farmland).

After 1967 war, several guerrilla organizations within the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) carried out guerrillas attacks on Israeli miletary targets, with the stated objective of "redeeming Palestine."

1973 Egypt joined Syria in a war on Israel to regain the territories lost in 1967. The two Arab states struck unexpectedly on October 6. After crossing the suez channel the Arab forces gain a lot of advanced positions in Sinai Peninsula and Golan Heights and manage to defeat the Israeli forces for more then three weeks. Israeli forces with a massive U.S. economic and military assistance managed to stop the arab forces after a three-week struggle. The Arab oil-producing states cut off petroleum exports to the United States and other Western nations in retaliation for their aid to Israel.

1982 Israel launched an invasion of Lebanon aimed at wiping out the PLO presence there. By mid-August, after intensive fighting in and around Bayrut, the PLO agreed to withdraw its guerrillas from the city. Israeli troops remained in southern Lebanon.

It was a sound move. The plo would sneak into israel and attack and run back to syria. The attacks had to be stoped.

July 1994 Yasser Arafat returned to Palestine.

Oct 1994 The Nobel Committee in Oslo, Norway, announced that the peace prize was being awarded to Israel's Foreign Minister Shimon Peres and Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, and to Yasser Arafat.

Arafat, first terrorist to get a peace prize.

Jan. 1995 Martyr bombs kills 19 in Israel.

April 1995 Six killed in Gaza Martyr bombing.

July 1995 Martyr bomb in Tel Avivi.

Aug. 1995 Martyr bomber kills five in Jerusalem.

this martyr bombing thing disturbs and offends me. There is nothing glorious about killing innocent people. It is pure terrorism to attack the unarmed and defenceless (Dont you dare try to imply that the israel military does this, I will eat you alive. They take rediculous measures and put their lives at risk to prevent any unnessisary palestinian casualties.). Children and elderly have been killed mercilusly. If your people attack the military, fine, I wouldnt like it but it would make sense. But you dont kill random people on the street that makes no sense. So I would call these attacks "homocide bombings". Extreme but it makes the point.

Sorry to all for the large post. I couldnt think of another way . I tryed to take out those things that I felt were not immediatly important to my disection, If things become murky refer to the timeline above.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by MAR@Feb 22 2006, 12:26 AM

Actually it was uganda, and they never "decided". Herzl nearly fliped out when he heard about this.

Um, I don't know nothin' about Uganda, but I do know that Argentina was at least near the top of the original list, if not actually tops... I always heard it was the top choice... but yeah, the movement was in it's infancy and it was never actually "decided" on...

Thanks for pointing that out, ill fix it above. Uganda was proposed by herzl as a temporary refuge for russian jews, but that idea was snuffed.

Argentina was just a brief suggestion that was not acted on. Some Jews moved there but not for that reason.

Edit:Fixed!

Originally posted by MAR@Feb 22 2006, 05:26 AM

this martyr bombing thing disturbs and offends me. There is nothing glorious about killing innocent people. It is pure terrorism to attack the unarmed and defenceless (Dont you dare try to imply that the israel military does this, I will eat you alive. They take rediculous measures and put their lives at risk to prevent any unnessisary palestinian casualties.). Children and elderly have been killed mercilusly. If your people attack the military, fine, I wouldnt like it but it would make sense. But you dont kill random people on the street that makes no sense. So I would call these attacks "homocide bombings". Extreme but it makes the point.

I'm not going back and forth with you about this...

I agree with you when it comes to the suicide bombers, To me, suicide bombers are misguided terrorists. Muslim or non muslim.

And I wouldn't say that the Isreali military are angels either.

they do plenty of women and children killing, don't make me go there.

Followup

Source: http://www.mg.co.za/articlePage.aspx?artic...rnational_news/

EU to pay €138,6-million in aid to Palestine

28 February 2006 08:10

The European Union announced on Monday that it will pay €138,6-million in emergency aid to the Palestinian Authority, which is on the verge of financial collapse.

Brussels insisted that only a small part of the money (€17,4-million) will go directly to the caretaker Palestinian government, pending the formation of a Hamas-backed government, which Europe says it will not fund unless the group renounces violence and recognises Israel. The money will cover the authority's "basic needs": health, education, wages and energy bills.

The rest of the EU money announced on Monday will be distributed directly in the Palestinian territories by the European Commission. Companies that have supplied energy to the territories, including Israeli providers, will share €39,9-million. A further €63,8-million will be paid to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, which provides health and education services. Such payments will continue when Hamas takes over.

Britain had pressed for the European Commission to double payments of direct funds to the Palestinian Authority. Jack Straw, the British Foreign Secretary, said the entire contents of an EU €34,9-million trust fund held by the World Bank should have been released. It is understood that the half not so far released will be paid within two weeks, taking the emergency aid to €138,6-million overall. It is badly needed.

After Hamas's victory, Israel stopped monthly transfers of €45,5-million in tax payments. Washington wants €41-million in aid returned to ensure it is not controlled by Hamas.

The danger of a financial collapse was underlined by James Wolfensohn, the former World Bank president who is now the international envoy to the Middle East. In a letter to the UN, United States, EU and Russia, he warned of a collapse within two weeks after Israel's decision to cut off tax transfers. He said that the authority needed up to €67,5-million by next week simply to pay about 140 000 Palestinian workers this month.

"I know I do not need to tell each of you that the failure to pay salaries may have wide-ranging consequences -- not only for the Palestinian economy but also for security and stability for both the Palestinians and the Israelis," he wrote.

Wolfensohn's intervention may explain why Washington privately encouraged the EU to make the payments despite cutting some of its own funds. Israel is relaxed about the cash because it met two conditions: that no money should go to Hamas until it renounces violence, and that humanitarian assistance should continue.

"We don't want to punish the Palestinian people," an Israeli source said. -- Guardian Unlimited © Guardian Newspapers Limited 2006