I wanna see your...........PETS!

Zack Morris

@where- I'm mega lazy about testing water.  I've done it less than 10 times in the 5 or so years I've been in the salt water hobby.  The reason is I'm using a really good skimmer and I use really good salt water.  Usually if nitrate and nitrite get high you can see other signs like algae blooms.  I don't have any issues with algae blooms.

The main things that you SHOULD test for in a reef tank is Calcium and Alkalinity.  That's assuming your temp is staying at 78*F and your salinity stays between 1.024 and 1.026.  The temp and salinity are pretty easy to handle.  Getting your Calcium and Alkalinity to be "perfect" all the time requires pricey equipment that I don't have.  That's also why I don't try to mess with the crazier pickier corals.  There are easy to care for corals that don't care what the calcium and alkalinity is nearly as much as say SPS corals.  Look up LPS vs. SPS and you'll see what I'm talking about.  SPS are considered "expert" level corals.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, SMdoubleXL said:

@Dirty_habiT 

why do you think they do that? I’ve only seen it once. 

ocd ass dogs don’t wanna pee on their toes???! 

Talon I think does it because he's prissy and doesn't want to get pee on himself.... although he inevitably does anyway.

He started doing it as a very young puppy where he'd lift one leg and then in the middle decide to start lifting the other leg as well.... and this led to hand stand pee'ing.  He does it nearly every time.  He's also hand stand pooped on a tree trunk before, like back that ass up to the tree trunk hand stand style and poop on it.  The hilarious thing was the turd rolled down next to him while he was doing it and it scared him.  HIS OWN SHIT SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF HIM.

He's also front heavy like some dog breeds are.... so I think that helps.  Other than that I have no idea other than he's a show off class clown.

• LOL! 1

Hmmm I haven't seen those.  I'm definitely interested in seeing what you set up.

Do you watch "The King of DIY"?  His name is Joey I think and he's a little bit sensationalist about his videos but he has some pretty good content on Youtube.... and I recommend his e-book too.  I could send you a copy if you want one if you never ever tell anyone I gave it to you.

21 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Hmmm I haven't seen those.  I'm definitely interested in seeing what you set up.

Do you watch "The King of DIY"?  His name is Joey I think and he's a little bit sensationalist about his videos but he has some pretty good content on Youtube.... and I recommend his e-book too.  I could send you a copy if you want one if you never ever tell anyone I gave it to you.

Uhhh yea will read pming email, I’m a vault

• Like 1

Lol no.... because he pee's without fail in the house if you leave him out of his kennel.  I can go in the garage for 10 minutes and we'll squeeze a piss out.  I think he has doggy anxiety or something or just doesn't like to be alone.

Another funny thing he does is when he knows you're leaving, and there are several cues he clues in on, he will go sit with his ass against the door and just look at you.  When you pick him up to put him in his kennel he ABSOLUTELY will not give you a kiss.... like at all.  Punishment from a dog.  If you tell him to get in his kennel you have to tell him like 3 times, this is the alternative to picking him up and helping him get in there quicker.  He will walk SLOW af with his head down like he hates going in there lol.

It is actually really funny because he's overly dramatic.  His kennel is for a dog that probably weighs 6x his weight.  So it's like a dog mansion for him and it's right next to our front door so he can bark at people.

1 minute ago, Dirty_habiT said:

@where- that's crazy.  I wonder if they'll eventually take over the Cyclids.

Do you mean in the evolution of the fish in that lake? Almost impossible, but that is their sole means of reproduction, they don't have any contact with their fry, they would need evolve that and it doesn't seem like that's their modus operandi

• Like 1

You have a better chance of getting hit by a meteor, they couldn’t outcompete mouth brooding cichlids, catfish are like parasites, if there were no cichlid eggs there wouldn’t be any catfish, I feel very strongly about this HAHAHAAHHA

• 2 weeks later...

thank you. 

What a refreshing post . Hoping Trouble is still fightin the good  fight 

Talon is super handsome. 

pupdate: all the pups went  to their new homes Buttons  went to a rescue to get her hernia repaired. Sammy gets his balls chopped off next week. 

but I hear he is a still a Good boy 

• Props 1