I wanna see your...........PETS!

Zack Morris

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So here’s a little story of my pup..

I travel for work. While leaving the south west and heading to the northern midwest with my girlfriend we found this dude running down the middle of the road. We were about 45 minutes from the nearest town (in either direction it turned out) on the Arizona/Utah border. There was nothing around us, straight desert wasteland. With all the cattle around, and how little hair he had and how bad his skin was, i actually thought he was a baby calf at first.

We pull over after us and 3 other cars passing the other way almost hit him. He comes running to us and straight into my girls arms. Even though our car was overflowing with our belongings, we obviously couldn't leave the dude. So i wrapped him in a towel for some sort of futile protection from whatever he may have, mange, fleas, so on.. all we had for food was a half eaten McDonalds hash brown, so thats what he ate. 

An hour later we come across a store and get supplies. He had 3 bowls of food and 2 bowls of water within minutes. Then he passed the fuck out. 3 hours later we get him to the only vet i could find that was open, an emergency vet in Colorado. The plan was make sure he’s going to be ok, get him set up there and continue our trip. After sitting in the waiting area holding the dude like a newborn and being bombarded with old ladies telling us how we’re his guardian angels and his saviors we were both coming to the realization we weren’t going to leave him, although neither one of us wanted to say it or admit it, haha. Doc checked him out, dated him at about 3-4 months, said he had a really bad sunburn, gave him ringworm treatment, among other things, as a precaution, and sent us on our way. Told us he was so malnourished he wouldnt have made the night/a few more hours, and theres a small chance he still might not.   

Fast forward a month later we get him checked out again, at a vet in the northeast, they say he's about 3-4 months, give us some more precautionary treatments, and on our way. 

A month later we get him checked out again (this time in the south) because his condition isn't getting any better, and now we’re breaking out in crazy bumps. Turns out he’s just now about 3-4 months old (almost 2 months later) placing him at about 8 weeks old when we found him, and he had sarcoptic mange, and now we have scabies. Thanks bud, haha. They treat him, we get treated, a few weeks to

months later the dude is good as new.

He’s 6 months old now, and a friendly little fucker. We have no idea how he got out there, but have a few theories. 1.) someone abandoned him on the road. 2.) someone just let him go because they didn't want him and the dude went on a serious expedition through the desert. 3.) his mother was a stray, and they may have been attacked by coyotes. Sadly the reservations of northern Arizona have a reputation for dogs not being cared for. A woman i know adopted a puppy found hiding under a shed, while the rest of the litter laid torn to pieces around her. 

All in all, the dudes good to go. Cost me a few hundred to get him healthy, and had to deal with some scabies. Wasn’t planning on getting a puppy with the girl anytime soon, but here we are. I couldn’t let the dude die out there, and after caring for him for the hours after, i grew fond of him quickly. 

B32A46B2-5B33-49EA-AE3A-E0A32EF3C985.thumb.jpeg.d3abe5d9e6aa78a40efbc54c735caa94.jpeg

AABEB4ED-B956-48DB-A2CE-4291ACE6A5F6.jpeg

B5FA1798-F273-4641-BA9E-E50DA6D5C2DB.jpeg

AFA4DE41-18A2-497E-A43B-165CCE3DCAF2.jpeg

606B29A8-AE85-45C2-AD46-59E137DA414D.jpeg

5DA5A1ED-BCF8-4117-886A-E6BBCD1323CB.jpeg

385BA093-F1CD-43A6-9BB2-4FD1E8F9C726.jpeg

DEC480B8-02DA-4793-85D9-F801E27A1810.jpeg

Edited by abrasivesaint
Baby onesie was to minimize the damage to his skin from scratching. He would scratch until he was bleeding everywhere.
  • Like 3
  • Props 6

6 minutes ago, LUGR said:

What are you feeding him?

600D2D37-0B0C-4DF9-8FD6-ACCBC9ECDA97.jpeg

Dude was just straight chewing the dirt he was digging, haha.

if you mean for food he gets some large breed puppy stuff we were recommended. Usually some salmon/lamb to help his coat. (Also recommended.) 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, where said:

92A3D7B6-9444-4A7D-BE7D-3055DA46CB24.thumb.jpeg.900193b5a5327fefd4b6401dd271e650.jpeg

Those are baby Frontosa we got this week for the big tank. Didn’t  want to wake them back up for a photoshoot but they’re cool. It’s a planted tank swords in the center and assorted plants around  with sand and mad flourish tabs, caves in progress. Smaller tank. Big fan of that shrimp, Clem, wicked cool, rides the golden mystery snail around, 1 cm shrimp acts like it’s his house we just live here and snails are comedy in general, I lol at them. 6 black neon tetras and one emperor tetra. 

E2F2350E-B6EB-4CDB-AB19-271C222A5B36.jpeg

755E72DC-8151-4229-980A-9621E74A27CF.jpeg

D3480A86-7973-465E-A159-03D8574A6D26.jpeg

Edited by where
  • Like 1

I got another juvenile Frontosa, for 4.99 as assorted, I knew that was meant to happen, I was just buying shrimp for the other juvies to practice on, I think it’s a female, but this week I’m gwon drive to this whackadop fish farm place in western mass and get some females for sure, I want 6 juveniles in this 40 breeder, I’m going to expand the caves. Then move the non paired ones to the 90 gallon, and I’m going to set up the other 2 60s I’ve had in storage for a year and a half. I have to because I need some south american cichlids, like freal. 5 tanks ina 1br is a force, but it feels good lol my daughter says our house is an aquarium. Oh and I got one of those famous rabbit snails it looks cool, pics otw 

• Props 1

25 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Went same route in the past, they seem to like the pots and if you get a mating pair they'll lay eggs in them

What’s in there so far are all mouth brooders but yea I had that happen a lot back when I was doing South Americans. What fish did you have breed?

Does anyone have any experience in pets destroying walls in their apartments? I’ve never had to deal with this so i’m a little ignorant. Does this fall into the “pet fee” and security deposit i put down? Or is it possible the real estate agency is going to come after me for more money? Here is the damage..

Stuffing is from his dog bed. I know it’s boredom and probably separation anxiety, i’m only looking for ant information on the possible legal and monetary ramifications.  

61E96217-6595-467B-B5B0-27F5AD564EFD.jpeg

DF4B9524-2F15-4601-BE08-B4ADF91C6765.jpeg

B118AE20-0B92-4435-92FA-9F515C83FB21.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

^stucco n paint....

768BBF79-3725-44BC-990F-6D04BF6C1861.thumb.jpeg.17aca2fbae2c00851488ad70c8fcd4d1.jpeg

a flick of the flock, also got a dope catfish also from lake tangy who is hiding in a pot cave, special order, if anyone is familiar with african catfish they’re crazy, freal I’ll elaborate more later with facts, insane evolution, this painting is where they’re all from. Cheers to everyone’s pets.

CBD47E08-7F73-47CB-9DFB-1D6D2A965490.jpeg.e4e52c671fa9a07a0bc2e3a5d4e076af.jpeg

• Like 3

On 8/7/2019 at 6:49 AM, abrasivesaint said:

Does anyone have any experience in pets destroying walls in their apartments? I’ve never had to deal with this so i’m a little ignorant. Does this fall into the “pet fee” and security deposit i put down? Or is it possible the real estate agency is going to come after me for more money? Here is the damage..

Stuffing is from his dog bed. I know it’s boredom and probably separation anxiety, i’m only looking for ant information on the possible legal and monetary ramifications.  

Pet fee to start, but if they need more to cover the damages then your security deposit too.  They could come after you for more if needed.  I would make an attempt to cover it myself.  There are products you could put in that door frame and smooth over, then paint, at a cost of much less than a pet fee.  Same goes for stucco.