I wanna see your...........PETS!

Zack Morris

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: I wanna see your...........PETS!

I was puppy-sitting for friends and we went for a run... and she kept running... straight under a car

?size=l

best dog ever but not built for city life..

This is Charlie my gorgeous baybay! He's a bit of an old man tho... just eats and farts and sleeps...

Afd6fOeCIAAfh7y.jpg:large

(terrible yellow filter)

163914_484123802336_544742336_6230507_2150023_n.jpg

35616_484123827336_544742336_6230508_6327600_n.jpg

might have the dog equivalent of autisim

edit: Fatso is so CUTE!

• 4 weeks later...

i'm kind of against that shit, though i have watched one on thanksgiving day.

i read Pedigree was dropped by Westminster Kennel because they advocate so hardt for shelter dogs.

but those purebreed snobs can fuck the fuck right off.

i'm more into the agility course/jumping contest stuff

yeah I've also considered doing the tracking and discipline part of the schutzhund.

my main reason for wanting to show is that I believe japanese akitas are slowly becoming extinct in japan.

only a handful of old guys keeping the breed going. they are considered too big for japanese homes,

and if a larger dog is purchased they go for foreign dogs. here in the states you may hear the word

japanese akita thrown around but 90% of the time they are not japanese akitas. they are american akitas which

in my mind is a completely separate breed of dog. I have show level, best of breed dogs which I have considered breeding

but I also worry about adding to an already out of control animal population.

I still have a lot of time to do more research and will be taking it very slow from here.

Anybody on here have a border collie?

I'm considering one for a puppy next month, and I've read that it might start trying to herd my cat haha. I'm thinking it'd be fine since it will be a puppy, but figured I'd ask

I used to have a red welsh collie, she was fine with the cat because she grew up with her, she did herd her...along with other dogs at the park and small children, it's hysterical. Collie's are AWESOME dogs but they need a SHIT TONNE of exercise, lots of mental stimulation too because they can and will rip your house to shreds. They're the cutest fucking puppies.

Ruby knows how to chill...

71272df056d311e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

• Like 1

i was at work and couldn't spend too much time posting pics

2751264_f520.jpg

american-akita.jpg

2 examples of american akitas

a_img_1808.jpg

0_img_0902.jpg

2 examples of japanese akita

I have no problem with the american akitas. it was one of my first dogs and he was awesome.

but as you can see with the first two pics I immediately see german shepard in the first pic and huskie in the 2nd.

the j akitas are smaller, almost fox like, different temperament .

usually only old people and japanophiles like these dogs or any of the even rarer dogs that are apart

of the "nihonken" group. (hokkaido ken, shikoku ken, kai, kishu(similar to the korean jindo, ) and the shiba(not so rare)

border collies are super smart, i read a natl geo article about one that had learned 200 words. no shit, they could even test it by saying 'pick out the red ball' and such.

serum,

i totally dig what you're saying.. and those japanese dogs are very unique..interesting breed

but as someone constantly trying to find homes for dogs, it's just insane the amount of dogs put down every single damn day in the US, all over. granted, it's a lot of pit bulls and chihuahuas, depending on the area.. and a host of other breeds and mixes..but i hope you don't end up resorting to breeding.. at least you are obviously a good dog owner. but the whole attachment people have to certain breeds is partly why it's gotten to this point.

anyway..rant over, carry on with the cute dog pics.

I briefly considered getting into dog shows before quickly discovering that showing a dog has every bit of absurdity that comes with any other fashion/beauty type show- all sorts of tricks to make the best look, extreme hating by the other people showing, etc., etc. Plus, it seemed like mostly women and gay men showing their dogs, not my scene. Finally, it's not like you do one show or something, there's many shows that build toward bigger ones. Overall, none of it was my thing to do.

yeah basically you continue to show until you reach a certain amount of points (15?) to claim champion.

i don't think its my thing either so I appreciate the feedback. I guess I was interested because

the akc just split the american and japanese breed in their judging.

I just wanted to consider doing a few litters and while also trying do my best to get them into good homes.

its a gamble and i'm looking for that medium ground. I'm not looking for making money

just keep the breed going on a micro scale as a hobby. its more of a concern for a breed I like.

while I don't exactly condone this, here's and example of a japanese dog show i got from a blog i follow.

the dog that attacks the bear from the front is considered a bad hunter and would die in real life.

the dog that attacks from the side gains points towards being an ideal hunter.

• 2 weeks later...

put my 11 year old dog to sleep a couple days ago. she had a tumor the size of a baseball that suddenly grew hella big. the vet said that they could remove it, but he wouldnt know if it would come back, and since the dog was old, if it was worth is to spend a few thousand. i had her since she was a puppy. she was so small when she was a puppy she could fit in the palm of your hand. this sucks big time.

she hated this stuffed monkey

000_0225.jpg

100_2176.jpg

on the way to the SPCA

100_2218.jpg

she knew something was wrong. she didnt wanna go with the vet.

100_2225.jpg

then this is what they gave when she was gone.

IMG712.jpg

IMG687.jpg

• Like 3