I wanna see your...........PETS!

Zack Morris

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Do any of you have dogs that get car sick, mine as soon as he gets in a car (doesn't even have to be moving) he starts drooling everywhere, then eventually he is sick at some point in the journey, he is never in the car for more than 45 mins (which is rare more like 10 minutes).

Any of you overcome this, any ideas on how to help it, so far we have had to travel in the mornings before he has eaten, makes no difference if in the front or back of the car or windows up or down.

i did some quick research and many people and vets agree that dog carsickness is most often an anxiety problem and therefore really difficult to treat

there seemed to be a couple common things that rose above most other suggestions:

put the dog in his bed from home when in the car

set up a training system where the dog is rewarded for his trips; taking him somewhere he will want to go: the pet store, the park, and give treats when you get there, best if you can start with very short trips, like 5 mins

i also saw this thing suggested:

http://www.mizter.com/car-sick-dog.htm

and some people had (spoken with their vet first) had success with a small amount of dramamine

long american kennel club article on it:

http://www.akc.org/press_center/akc_syndicate/ask_AKC/0106.cfm

Re: I wanna see your...........PETS!

My boxer/greatdane had pups back in December, after 6weeks we found great homes for 8..

2heznz9.jpg

we kept the first born, big ole fatso

boxer/greatdane/German Sheppard mix

2ykb4on.jpg

fatso and Mom (CiCI)

21j4mjl.jpg

running the backyard

Fatso growning up to be a fine citizen kane

vy87lc.jpg

2qmn140.jpg

t8kl87.jpg

2crumio.jpg

he loves the water.... jumps higher then spud webb - my boy my dog..

Btw we converted CiCi his mom into a inside dog, she's living the life....

dogs are so awesome

lately i've been considering trying to do rescues.

we're fostering one next month i think

i think about that often come to the same conclusion that it would just break my fucking heart to have to give up a dog ive become attached too.

2u7opb9.jpg

Felix the fat cat

I missed a classic shot, he had one paw in each under the strap, it was awesome.

dvfyma.jpg

this is as close as i got to that shot afterwards.

edit woah big pics.

He looks like my brothers cat Smudge..

f5977468.jpg

He's a miserable fat bastard who gets stuck in his cat flap and on the roof and will fight anyone or anything he feels slighted by. He's all kindsa awesome.

69f22f1d.jpg

This is my cat Bob and Alfie, Bob thinks she's a dog and comes on our walks with us. She follows me everywhere, she'll come to the shop sit outside and cry until I come out. People in my neighbourhood think I'm absolutely mental.

RIP my dog max.

15 years old, had to be put to sleep today because he had abdominal cancer.

strange thing is, that last night, when we were discussing the arrangements to

bring him to the vet, he stopped eating and left the room. he was then acting strangely

all night. its as if he knew. weeeeird

Do any of you have dogs that get car sick, mine as soon as he gets in a car (doesn't even have to be moving) he starts drooling everywhere, then eventually he is sick at some point in the journey, he is never in the car for more than 45 mins (which is rare more like 10 minutes).

Any of you overcome this, any ideas on how to help it, so far we have had to travel in the mornings before he has eaten, makes no difference if in the front or back of the car or windows up or down.

This might do the trick.

lrg_dog_car_sack.jpg

But seriously, it sounds like anxiety. If your dog can overcome its anxiety while being in the car you will be golden. Maybe start by not even going anywhere in the car, just have your dog be around the car and not even in it. Then slowly have your dog spend longer periods of time in the vehicle and always make it an enjoyable experience with treats and positive reinforcement for good behaviour.

Last resort call Cesar Millan or at least watch his show for some tips.

This is my cat Bob and Alfie, Bob thinks she's a dog and comes on our walks with us. She follows me everywhere, she'll come to the shop sit outside and cry until I come out. People in my neighbourhood think I'm absolutely mental.

My cat used to follow me to kindergarten and then walk along the windowsill outside the class for awhile before going home. He was fuckin awesome. RIP Shockey

8wy2a9.jpg

I got this cute lil lady today.

One of my brother's co-workers found her in a car engine or something like that.

He asked me if I wanted her.

Of course.

We picked her up this afternoon and I got her shots and checked out and a flea treatment.

I'm guessing I'm gonna be calling her Mustard.

Cheeseburger isn't real happy about her yet.

Right now, she is hiding under the couch.

I'mma let her be.

• Like 1

this thread is amazing.

good luck with the new one bf

i wanted to name my dads dog mustard.

so this is luke. a murdercat.

tumblr_lg65lwzrFo1qbh9x6o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1308628319&Signature=AiQRUAPwmNcRxOPQSkTiGA6yhGg%3D

he has super lung disease and maybe cancer, waiting to find out. hoping for the best.

give us well wishes. and drugs.