I wanna see your...........PETS!

Zack Morris

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 months later...

Sooo... My catahoula Ellie likes to play rough with my Vizsla Mabel; full speed t-bones, hardcore dog wrestling, jumping on top of her, etc. Ellie is 55 pounds and Mabel is around 40.

Well this week the t-boning blew out Mabel's doggie ACL (ccl I think its called). If you know V's you know these dogs are the highest of high energy dogs--and Catahoulas aren't far behind. They don't do calm very well.

So she has to be down, no play whatsoever, no running, for at least 3 weeks when the vet will likely confirm that she needs surgery.

I can't keep Mabel calm for 3 weeks, or the following months of healing, I'm going to try melatonin and benadryl and valerian root and some other stuff til I find what works.

And so I reach the moral dilemma

I also don't think I can train the rough-housing nature of Ellie out of her. Thats what her breed does, they take down hogs and large game, fun for her is wrestling. I can't risk this happening again to Mabel.

I adopted Ellie at around 18 months old, I've had her for a bit over a year now. She was skiddish and terrified of everything. Now she's social, confident, loving, and a pretty awesome dog all around.

My girlfriend says "no one could blame you if you gave her up for adoption." I don't know that I care about anyone elses blame on me. I just feel shitty about myself doing it. I don't know what to do, but I can't risk Mabel getting injured worse in the future.

Thoughts?

Re: I wanna see your...........PETS!

I had to give my dog away...I can't keep her in my apartment but we can have cats...so sad, but she went to a good famil that has two dogs so she won't be lonely. I'll miss the fuck out of her though

We had to do this with our dog. It was hard for the family. Good news he went to a good friend and we see him now and then. Although he recognizes new home as Pack, he still gets hype when he hears my voice. That feels good. It is really hard though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1175002_10152434866370815_5507741690812379368_n.jpg

Its been about two months since I had to give Ellie away. My friend who took her had a baby shortly after taking her. I was a bit nervous about that element as Ellie had had zero experience with babies before. She is so happy at her home that even though it bums me out to not have her, I know its okay because this kid is going to grow up with an amazing dog that probably would have been put down if not for the ridiculously hard work and time I put into making her sociable.

• 3 weeks later...

cl2yg.jpg

i don't think i ever posted up photos of my lady but here she is, unfortunately she was hit by a car on friday morning and the driver just left her to die about 10 feet from her front fucking door, she was on her morning stroll just minding her own. First thing my little sister said was 'cant you make her alive again'... like what kind of heartless prick just hits an animal and drives on theres a fucking vet 2 minutes from where they hit her too and whats worse is they live right here i just don't know who the fuck is responsible yet. SHE EVEN ATE PIZZA.

anyway look how fucking pretty this bish is.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...