Airbrush questions

Hitch14

Originally posted by freeskier1292+Feb 28 2006, 05:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (freeskier1292 - Feb 28 2006, 05:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>with the markers can i write on stuff like brick walls or are they for paper?

[/b]

You kidding right?..Well lets hope so...

<!--QuoteBegin-fuckedupafro@Mar 4 2006, 04:48 AM

gotta spend money on lessons or something before it'll become useful, but i don't see that happening too soon

The best way to learn is if you aint scared and do it yourself, rather than payin sumone else to teach you...You aint paying for graffiti lessons are you??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Re: Airbrushes

I say go with the markers, I got an airbrush last christmas and used it once. Unless you plan on putting a lot of time into practicing, and doing shirts,hats, and shoes...and I already sold my airbrush on ebay... But if you do, iwata seems the way to do.

• 2 weeks later...

go for the airbrush man. i bought myself a nice iwatta cs recently. i loved my first airbrush but it completly replaced it, perfect for beginers. now i do custom graphics on motorcycles and shit. true flames=lots of cash in your pockets. people pay rediculous amounts of money to airbrush fire on there vehicles, boats, mailboxes etc etc. if you stick with it, practice every day, and take care of your equipment, you'll have your own buisness and pockets full of cash before you know it.

• 1 month later...

i'd get the airbrush. i just got one (hobby lobby, 24.99 for the brush, two cartridges and a hose) didn't cost much. if you're gonna use it to graff, make sure you get the one that uses the co2 can, not the big machine. also, if you're good the thing will pay for its self. people in my neighborhood will throw money at you to spray stuff.

Get the airbrush. I just got one and it's a hella fun. Didn't cost much either, I got the airbrush, hose, two canisters, co2 tank, and two paint different colors of paint for 43 bucks at hobby lobby. The one I got doesn't even need to be cleaned, the paint is fed through the canisters. i expect to make a decent chunk of change with it by detailing stuff.

i love my airbrush, only thing is that u gotta keep getting paint for it and if u buy the "air brush" paint instead of thinning your own you are gonna spend some money over a period of time. the good side is is that if u want to paint stuff like canvas/tshirts/anything else incase you wanted to do something different if u want to get awayy from paper, you can. if u do decide to get an airbrush get a good high quality compressor, dont like a 100$ one cus i did and they suck. if u wana go ghetto, go ask your dentist if they have any old left over dental compressors, they work great, and they have just enough pressure. other then that the markers ae good and all but id ask for the air brush then save up your own money and buy some prismas, but in the end its totally up to u since ur going to be using them.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I bought an airbrush recently....got some use out of it.

Then my girlfriend turned the trash disposal on and it rattled the drying airbrush and it slipped and fell into the drain.

Needless to say she owes me a new airbrush. The tip of mine is completely chewed up.

• 1 year later...

just had my old gravity feed peak c-5 take a shit on me yesterday. i'm looking to get an iwata eclipse hp-bcs to replace it. anyone have a bottle feed gun? if yeah, how do you like it versus a gravity feed? i need to replace it quickly as i have a commission coming up and will need the gun to do detail work. any quality advice is appreciated and will receive props and i keep that prop hand strong wurga.

• 5 weeks later...